Discussion Path of Exiles

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by branislavs369, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Zaqwer777

Zaqwer777 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless you're net-building, you're going to screw up your first character (if you're new). The skill tree is extremely complex and has so many possibilities. As for specific uniques, I would advise a site called poe.trade (it's a 3rd-party site) where basically everyone can trade for any item. It's used widely by the whole community.

2. branislavs369

branislavs369 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the info

3. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    well every 3 months a new league starts with new special mobs effects and everything is reset these 3 months have a special monster that summons minions that you have to kill . if you kill enough summoned monsters it ives you currency shards and shards of a unique item(if you know the condition to get the shard, which i dont)

4. Zaqwer777

Zaqwer777 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Np, if you want to add me (Id: Recquiescat in the normal Harbinger server) I can answer questions anytime

5. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks if i don't forget about it

6. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything is to the whim of RNGesus. Theres no point in having the same instance if youve already cleared it.

[​IMG]

Random be thy game, amen

7. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like exploring you can try guild wars 2, the maps are really extensive with lots of things to do and the base game is free.

8. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds rather complicated.... i will just play for the time being and see how i manage things and if i see the thing you are describing i am sure i will somehow notice...

9. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    I know.... I wanted to buy the game but then i heard they have gone free to play for the base game and now i am not sure if i want to risk playing it... I am sure it was out of good intentions but every time a paid game goes free it just rings an alarm in my head to avoid it....

10. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically there's a basic template, or a set of requirements, for each zone (map). Then from said map there will be an instance that you join, which will have the gaps left by the basic template filled up with randomly generated content (though there are still some parameters, e.g. usually some things will be more common in certain zones than others).

You'll always find the unique bosses from each zone, somewhere, in your instance, if there's a story or side quest it will always be there.

If you ctrl (or maybe it was shift? I haven't played for at least a year) click the zone on either the map or as you see the entrance from another zone, you're given the option to either create a new zone or join an existing one (if there is one, that's related to your party, unless you're on a cut throat server/race i.e. pvp race you can't join an instance that wasn't created from someone in your party)

This is important because this game has a lot of 'grinding' i.e. especially later on in the game, or if you're struggling at some point while leveling e.g. you need better gear or you've got to get some levels to allocate some skill points, you will continuously replay the same zone over and over again until you've accumulated enough wealth/gear/skill points to progress further.

Eventually you will get far enough to do maps, consumable items used to open zones with added modifiers (extra monsters, map is covered in lava, all monsters deal more damage, all attacks have extra projectiles, you can't use flasks to recover your health, and so on, there's plenty of different ones.) and then you keep doing these.

Personally the replayability in the game is to think of an idea for a character you want to make, to create some sort of build, what could you do with item xyz in combination with skill abc, with support gems 123, etc.

When you get far enough to make your build work, what's left is to either continue the 'progress' until level 100 or come up with a new character.

11. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the info

12. dinzz1990

dinzz1990 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow did not know there were ppl playing this game in here haha.the fall of oriath jus started i will play it in the morning cuz busy rigth now hehe im making totem frostbolt for first build.hehe.

13. Wrestleroh

Wrestleroh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Path of Exile is the only game I play so I know a lot about the game.
    I'm assuming the "quest giver" you're talking about is one of the forsaken masters. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Master
    They spawn randomly, but very common. By the time you went back to a zone you "already explored" it must have already reset, hence why the master spawned. To answer you: No, you don't need to fully explore the area. Generally all quests that matter you can find in the hubs (towns). By the way, you can hold ctrl on your keyboard before clicking on a new zone and forcefully reset it if you want to farm xp, etc. Hopefully I didn't forget to include anything. You can ask if you have questions.

Astaroth likes this.
  14. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks ! I don't have any questions now. Its already late and instead of playing PoE i somehow managed to watch some stream and forget the time :D When i wake up tomorrow and start playing i am sure i will have a lot of questions to take back here though.

15. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    oh actually if what you like is exploration, perhaps you could take a look at Divinity: Original Sin (And there's a 2nd one coming up as well) and Dragon Age Inquisition.

The combat of D:OS is turn based, so that could perhaps be a bit of a turn-off for some, but I would recommend at least checking some gameplay on youtube or similar.

Dragon Age Inquisition has large maps for each zone you can travel to. This game require you to explore the map to find different quests, loot, and all that good stuff. (Even some dragons.)

Because what you're doing is to lead the "inquisition" you're basically playing like a hero/leader of a faction travelling around the world to build up power and reputation to strengthen your base and influence etc, which is gamified into essential point required for different missions and to progress the quests.

Some dragons or locations can't be reached without meeting the requirements and spending the required power to open up access to some roads, maybe building a bridge, or slight spoiler: One dragon is on a separate island that you require boats to travel to (though unfortunately you can't freely travel on water with a boat.)

I would also recommend the original Dragon Age Origins, which imo is even better in some aspects, but it's not as open as DAI.

Both games are perfect for completionists though that just want to explore all the content and uncover all that's hidden. (Personally I tend to look up a LOT on wikis, so I'm a bit of a cheaper hehe...)

16. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually looked these games up a long time ago but decided not to buy them. After playing The Witcher 2 i noticed that i am not a big fan of this whole "Your decision change the game" thing.
    I know that to some people that seems like a really awesome thing and i can understand them. But to me, when i play a game that was made with care i want to see the world that was created, the main story that the writer wanted to tell me and the little side stories.
    When i played The Witcher 2 i noticed that i had a lot of a better time just exploring the map and doing side quests rather than playing the main quest because the second time i played to see if i didn't miss anything it would probably change and so it had no real worth to me.
    I like games that have a firm story and an amazing world that can be discovered a lot better than these games that change based on what one of 3 answers you give after some easily forgettable characters monologue that i didn't listen to because i was not interested...

17. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh I don't see any reason to avoid free things, don't like it you can stop any time and lose nothing. What are you risking lol

18. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    OK now i have a question. I remember that October last year i watched a video about PoE (something about tips for beginners but i can't find it anymore) and there was some tip about hoarding items that have 3 links ( don't remember why). So i collected them and collected them and now i have 4 pages in my chest full of them and for the love of god i can't remember why i am even collecting them. So i would like to ask , what use have items that have 3 links (other than to put spells into them)?

19. Wrestleroh

Wrestleroh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume in the video you watched it was about the vendor recipes. In particular Chromatic Orb recipes: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chromatic_Orb
    Basically selling specific items to the vendors has different effects, you can see them here: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system

branislavs369 likes this.
  20. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link