PDG Move to QI and a message

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Dusk, Sep 18, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    sad to see it move. hopefully things go well and the pressure of the contract won't make things harder for her.

i think CKtalon got a shitstorm over the move, as well, but there may have been a bit more to that one than just the move itself.

i'd just sum it up as constant lies, hiding behind NDAs, and acting like a child grabbing toys from other people and saying "mine!". just about everything else they've done that bothered people is the run-off from one of those.

i've always seen 'em as more of an evil kirby, devouring everything in its path.

Alfik0, Nef-i and Viola like this.
  2. Fluffy

Fluffy Un-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chill man... dont get provoked... he's trying to turn QI haters to hate the translator too, and in turn will justify and mask what QI actually do... prob another merc strategy :blobsmirk:

3. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    CKTalon took so much flak because he was the first big name to go there. Since then most of the people I've seen who got angry at him over it have chilled and come to understand that their conditions are quite enticing and they shouldn't hate the translators who move there. Just the management.
    The first person to do something is always the person who attracts the most hate.

Yup, most of it is an abuse of their contract and just in general and constant lies.
    Not counting their one without doubt illegal action which they will bleed for.

Evil All Consuming Kirby.... i definitely laughed when i read that.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    pinkrainmi likes this.
  4. gorlax

gorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My hate to qi is only the way they do8ng th8ng in the beg8n8ng
    Tl have they own reason but neverles goodluck still i dont go to qishit site
    Just put an9ther tittle to my pirate ship

5. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you telling me if you sign a contract with them you become a mouthpiece/avatar for their PR???

6. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    There you go again!!

ok firstly: "lens of reality backed up by facts" what facts? All you did was say how evil they are, unless them being evil is the fact you spoke of?

secondly: "Firstly, never have i ever on this Forum made them out to be like Hitler" you are saying one thing and doing the exact opposite. You literally just said "Should i list all the immoral and illegal things they have done". You're the one who is putting words in MY mouth and misinterpreting what I'm saying. I never said that Qidian didn't deserve the hatred from this community, I said that this community is a little shit on the global scale and any 'atrocities' Qidian has committed against this community are only relevant to this community. That's perspective. You keep calling them immoral and all other things when the only people who give a shit is this SMALL community, that's why I said you're making them out to be Hitler because you keep exaggerating their 'evil deeds'.

You even had the gall to say "lens of reality backed up by facts" I'm sorry dude, your argument isn't backed by facts. The only things backing your argument are the rest of the sad folks who happen to agree with you.

7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh...:facepalm:
    This might be a shocker to many here but the world does not revolve around you.
    Goodluck to the translator

alamptr, I Eat Monsanto and thymee like this.
  8. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude. I said I was more than willing to give the facts. I even said if you don't already know I can tell you. Read what I said before you say I'm not giving facts.
    I am more than willing if you don't know what they have done in the past.
    Do you know or should I tell you? You seem to be aware of what's happened though.
    I said i was more than willing to give you those facts, so why make a point about how I'm not giving facts. All you have to say is "I don't believe you, give me the facts." Then ill give them to you.

Immoral and illegal doesn't automatically equate to me saying someone is like Hitler. That's my argument.
    After the Trump presidential election studies have shown that people who in their arguments equated trump to Hitler instantly lose the attention of so many people and their thoughts are often dismissed. That's why I rebutted you saying a likened them to Hitler.

They can be immoral and not have done these immoral things on a global scale.
    Misdeeds aren't categorized by how many people they affect.
    Illegal is illegal and immoral is immoral. The amount of people it affects doesn't change that.
    I'm not exaggerating. Blatantly breaking the law is not cool. Doesn't matter if it is against a SMALL community those thing are still just as wrong.
    It doesn't matter how many people give a shit about how they broke the law or lie repeatedly... they still did it. It doesn't matter how relevant it is on a Global scale, they still broke the law and conduct some horrible business practices.
    How is saying they broke the law (Which they have) and shown they have no morality (which the have) equal me exaggerating their evil deeds making them out to be like Hitler? How does your brain equate the 2?

My argument is backed up by what Qidian has done. They created all the hate they are getting. That's a fact. They did this, then people rebuke and hate them.

It's not backed by sad people. It's backed by their very own actions.
    Your rebuttal to my points is what is sad.

9. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, what do you expect when you posted this? There's bound to be people who take it badly considering everything Qidian has done. Posting it here without being asked simply brings attention to the matter.

Even in funerals, there's bound to be people who go just out of obligation and not because they actually respect the deceased. You can't expect everyone who read the thread to be supportive or only have good things to say.

I don't actually read this story, so it doesn't matter to me. Just trying to explain why not everyone would be supportive of the translator's decision and expecting everyone to think the same way you do is a folly.

10. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since you calling me out lol. I got receipts on wuxiaworld forum. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

11. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much. Non-disparagement clauses that include penalties are in their contracts, as leaked and posted in NUF at the opening of the QI vs WW fuss. International translators are a recent thing, but authors in China that have the same clauses in their contracts have regularly been destroyed for speaking against Qidian and it's policies. By those leaked contracts, an editor or translator that signs up with them is not contractually 'forced' to repeat their PR, give glowing speeches, befriend and backstab their adversaries, or betray their friends, etc, however over the years many Chinese authors have come forward with stories about being pressured to do just that by Qidian / Reading. Also, the comments and behavior of GGP and many others closely involved with the rise of QI have raised controversy and questions pretty much every time the situation has destabilized. Allegations of broken promises, lies, and backstabbing of and by notable people in the community have been a disgustingly common theme throughout the controversy over QI's actions and intent. Trust is essentially gone, though a number of people take it more seriously than they perhaps should.

TL;DR: QI's contracts demand that you can't ever - for the rest of your life - say anything QI doesn't like (about QI or anything else!); QI has many ways to 'ask' you to say and do things they would like you to; and Qidian's own internal corporate history is one of rampant dishonesty and malice. Joining them is to tar oneself with the same brush.

12. gorlax

gorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well 8n the its just qishit and the slave
    Maybe there someone got realy good deal but stil under nda and that it the same
    Just hope for the best they know what they got into

13. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think this thread need to be merged to mega qidian thread

14. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I always wonder when will this novel gets Qidianed ever since I saw it as a wild Qidian novel.. now I got the answer.
    Truth to be told, I think it was starting to get stale and I was stacking chapters for no reason.. maybe Im just bored of the chapters..
    I guess with this news, I can officially drop the novel .
    Gluck to the translator who as expected, goes to qidian..

Arumanfi likes this.
  15. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobwoah: I don't get what you're trying to say here? It's not like I don't know there'll be assholes, cuz nuf is full of it, I just hoped they'll either send her goodluck or shut up that's it.

16. GrimReeFer

GrimReeFer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont think anyone hates the translators? annoyed they move sure, will most read it on the website? probably not, we have our trusty pirate sites, but hate on trans no.

17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    What use would be to move to WW? Since I did read the series I'll say this, they did 1 translation per day but their patreon was under 50$. Of course part of that was due to poor placement of patreon promotion, but fact of the matter is the translator put in a ton of work and got pretty much nothing. So its understandable why they would easily go to QI who would easily pay per chapter.

We may even see an increase in releases

Dusk likes this.
  18. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah tell me that when someone is not shouting Blood traitor on the comments page, if it was not me but guys like that who made the announcement thread I'm pretty sure you'll see more of em.

Let's not even mention that WW is not accepting any QI novel and tell me would you move your work to a site where your work can be dcma-ed and forced away from you in the near future? *smh* sometimes I need to talk some sense.

19. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because it was pretty early when I posted this thread, check it out again and while it's not exactly those kinds of messages it's even worse, and just like I said above if it wasn't me but people like them whi made this announcement thread I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing more of em.

20. laststandb

laststandb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many reasons to dislike Qidan, but Non-Disparagement Clauses is not one of them

You sound like someone who has never been paid more than minimum wage. Non-Disparagement Clauses are standard for good reason, and I would never work for a company that does not have one. The last thing any company needs is their employees airing their personal frustration to the media. Imagine you getting in an argument with a co-worker and next thing you know you see yourself on CNN being accused of a racist.

Maybe you've still in school, that's fine. But once your work you realize that people need to make sacrifices in order to work together for a common goal.

Not everyone is lucky like Ren and gets to piggyback off of I Eat Tomato's popularity. QI internationals contracts are ridiculous generous by any measure.

Spiritsong and Dusk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.