PDG Move to QI and a message

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Dusk, Sep 18, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Sometimes, I wonder what's the "exception to the rule".

Didn't parts of the community flung everything to those who 'sold their souls' to QI?

So why should it be any different this time? Granted that there will always be white knights who will readily raise their shields like the very fanboys they are.

2. Baddiez

Baddiez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At the end of the day CNLN translation has become less about sharing a story for fun and more about making a living/profit. We have transitioned out of fan translation as a hobby to people trying to secure a spot in the quickly growing for profit translation market. In the past sure I would've been up in arms about it, but now I understand this is their livelihood and regardless of the reputation at least in terms of monetary compensation QI is a promotion which positively impacts their quality of life.

Wing0 and Wujigege like this.
  3. Mangochic

Mangochic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like Ren headhunted him from Qidian Tales (old Gravity) when he didn't, etc. I can't remember the rest but maybe someone took screenshots before he deleted?

4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    It is hard to say what the exception is, but generally people just don't like being lied to. (or at the very least don't like people who get caught lying and lose).

Other than that, everyone is free to do whatever they want with their lives.

5. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Another novel added to the pirate list, thanks for the update.
    Yes, there's a reason that many people hate him, and it's not simply because he moved to QI.

6. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, i actually respected him for how he would send money directly to the translator keeping a donation tab open for himself and the author...

I keep up to date on almost everything Qidian management related but can't keep tabs on all the translators. I'm glad you all made me aware of this, i hate being misinformed when it comes to the honor and integrity of translators in our community. That being said perhaps Qidian strong armed him into saying all this through their contract? or was this done before he moved?

7. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC there is no discussion about that(or maybe there is but deleted). I'm pretty sure the reaction will be bigger if he do that.

The reason why CK movement to QI was a big thing because he try to defend it, which make the public reacting more. Most of the TL that moved to QI rarely post about their movement

8. Sh1r0r3n

Sh1r0r3n New Year and still a workaholic

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek: :blobwoah: :hmm: :blobconfused: :blobunsure: :notlikeblob: :hmm: :blobpensive: :blobwoah: :blobsalute: Good Luck Yuki!

9. CKtalon_TMW

CKtalon_TMW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never said that.
    http://www.wuxiaworld.com/ac-agm-iras-tmw-halting-on-wuxiaworld/

I still think QI is a good thing for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.