LCD Perfect World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Lachiel, Nov 20, 2015.

1. crazyboy1200

crazyboy1200 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so.... in other words, you want him to grow up really soon? A major time skip here? You like his cuteness and you want it to disappear now? How dare you! What kind of blasphemy is this! The cuteness won't just disappear! It'll evolve to a Ikemen! or....... Bishounen!

Arkeus, makenai89, AkeShiro and 8 others like this.
  2. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I like fluffy and cute LN/WN, don't like tragic and sad LN/WN.....<.<
    if you complain again against cuteness i will curse you:mad:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Shio, AkeShiro, Max and 2 others like this.
  3. sevroc

sevroc Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the cuteness but i have to agree its become a bit too much. And i realize he is a child but he has backslid in maturity level since the void god realm which is annoying.

Arcturus likes this.
  4. sevroc

sevroc Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    also liyus would you not call the death and consumption of hundreds of millions in the beast flood tragic lol

5. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Id say you did a good job reading till the latest chapter. I personally droped it when in 50 chapter-ish he is still a super kids/baby and havent grown up. I just dont want to watch super kids in action for 200 chapters imo.. maybe I will pick it up again when he grows up, and just ask for summeries on what happen in these hundred of chapter when he is still a super kid!
    I have seen a 3yo or 9yo before, and I believe that it is not that realistic for them to tops grown-up even if theyre said to have super powers. I meen just look at the length of his arm/leg.. how would he win with those reach?

AkeShiro and Screed like this.
  6. Winged Basilisk

Winged Basilisk [Lord of Lurkers]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've always found that you're quick to hate on novels and I think it's because you think there's only one formula for there to be a good Chinese novel. Now the kid is 9 at this time and we all know he was born cute and will be cute til he turns handsome. Also unlike you I know his name is Shi Hao and he has always had nicknames because he was little for his age.

Now about him and his plot armour. You make it sound as if the plot armour (which every story has due to definition I got in ur rant) is actually things he was born with not somehow found in a sewer somewhere. Plus everyone in that story has someone who teaches them strong techniques and the willow isn't op compared with other guardian spirits in the ancient land. Also the thing he lost is a bone that he was born with. If you can't grow it back what can you grow back. And the insides of bones are made of tissues and bone marrow so of course it's gonna be stronger when it's regrown.

Also about him doing things you think is not due to his strength and smarts is also explained. He reached the highest peak power for the first realm which only monster reach so he was invincible on that floor. He could've stood there and not gotten hurt at all. Another thing is that he is from a place where everything good is stolen if someone not from your tribe finds out you have it. It's not like he one day decided to be a theif, where he comes from it's normal to steal and he won't change his ways until he is full.

Sorry for my stupid rant that you prob won't understand but all I wanted to say is you hate too easily. Stop being a hater on every novel that doesn't follow your formula.

makenai89, Rreelentless and CDLevit like this.
  7. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    i only read like twenty chapter, only due to me having others to read at the time and i was too lazy to read more or PW. i still plan to read it though. Anyway, all this was a giant spoiler to me but it wasnt all that bad. it made me want to read PW more, thanks. And i prefer MC who are more reliable. almost aloof. Yet deep and clever in his actions and thinking. Someone who you can trust to get shit done, the badass who you just know will find a way out of a situation with their decisiveness and skill. I like them being calm and cool. Like Tatsuya is my favorite MC for these reasons.

From your words, this novel could be great and if he grows up we will have one truly excellent novel on our hands. I hope he does mature. Still, how old is he? Four? Give it time. I like age progression, and if a novel has a lot of chapters, age-progression is key.

I like timeskips but it seems not having them in this case will be better since we could see the change from a cute adorable kid to a epically badass MC.

I think i like that he didnt drown in vengence. He seemed to think more rationally from what you said but i would really like him to want it more since if the tragedy of his past was a dramatic as you make it out, vengence would really go well together with the novel and make it have more depth. If it does happen, i just wish it wont be ruined. You know have almost everytime in good stories where a MC has a tragic past and is told by some other character, " You have to let it go. Revenge wont solve anything, it wont bring you peace. It can only lead you down a dark path" and then when the MC is about to get the revenge he remembers this and doesnt kill the people or guy but chooses the high road instead? Thats bullshit. Dark path? bitch, the whole tragic past setting made sure the damn novel wasnt going to be all cute and fluffy anyway. Oh, so he CANT kill the guy who massacred his family? Or, he cant kill the guy who raped and killed his sister? Or just killed someone precious to the MC? Bitch, fuck you. MC, go kill that bastard!

And sometimes when the MC does kill the guy or whatever, but just feels empty? totally goddamm garbage. Bullshit to epic degrees. I think that the MC should feel damn good about it. He finally had his vengeance. He should be feeling so goo that its better than drugs and sex combined, he should be fucking in a state of euphoria. Oh, now what will he do when his entire life revolved around getting that revenge, you ask? Maybe actually LIVE his life now that he has that shit out of the way. You cant live life knowing the person who you hate more than anything, the one who you have a deep, personal and justifiable reason to hate is still alive. It would haunt you forever. Or at least it would me if i was a character in a story with a tragic past.

Okay, long ass rant over. How did i get started on that anyway? Whatever. Point is, i think that this novel really has some potential by your description and i hope he matures into a Tatsuya-like character who is both badass and cool. I also hope he decides to get his revenge so we can get some more depth to the story and awesome scenes to boot. Since he is so young, i think we both may get what we want. He still has time to grow.

P.s. I know that sometimes we would want the MC to get past old grudges, and maybe that would work in xianxia where the MC destroys a clan for pretty much any stupid reason( MGA, *cough*, *cough*) but if the tragic backstory is good and is a justifiable reason for the MC to get revenge, you cant waste it.

makenai89 and Stormingtiger101 like this.
  8. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh I have to agree with above posters who are ambivalent about the MC. I don't dislike the MC per se, but he's gotten kinda annoying with his over the top antics; I wish he'd settle down a bit. I figured getting kicked out of the Void God realm would teach him something, but it appears not and his maturity is regressing. I'm still reading it but....we'll see.

CDLevit likes this.
  9. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well id take the little guy cuteness over lin feng arrogance any day....

At least perfect world is entertaining. The only reason why im still reading pmg is coz i m a bit ocd when it comes to reading novel. Its quite suffocating to read pmg, its like the entire plot was about people underestimating mc and get killed by him. Lin feng lives in a world where strength might be around 10000, but their iq is about 60 in average.

CDLevit likes this.
  10. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so is the tragic past because he lost a bone? If so, nevermind the revenge part of my. i dont think he should get the revenge over something like that. At least, he shouldnt make his life revolve around it. And he could grow it back even stronger?

If anything, i would want him to just one day find the guy who took his bone and kill him just on principle. I mean, i dont think he should actively seek it out to the degree it affects his life to a largly, but if he ever has the chance i think he should take it.

11. SovereignSamiul

SovereignSamiul Hubby of Aina Seira & SARCASTIC SECT-MASTER

Reading List:
    Link
    first thing I'd like to tell you is ....I never said I hate the novel.
    and about the matter of quickly hating things ....yes I'm the guy who created the thread " The Haters Corner " ....so no surprise there.
    and I'd like to inform you that ,the numbers of novels I love far surpasses the amount I hate.

12. Winged Basilisk

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I'm not gonna spoil too much but as you know in PW strong monsters have techniques on their bones and the stronger they are the better.
    the mc was born with a bone that gave him a technique that rivals the best of them and someone got greedy and took it
    I Said a little so I won't spoil the flashback because it's prob the best flashback I've read in xianxia.

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  13. wargreymon

wargreymon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just cant connect with MC personality...it just feels so random.

14. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only reason I'm not reading it is because I've been playing a game with the same name, and don't want these two got jumbled up lol But I might check it out since reading this thread...I mean, cute? Milk? lol

15. Winged Basilisk

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm on my phone can't read signatures btw. I'm glad I guessed right and if you embrace your hater mentality, I feel like I can't hate you for being yourself. Also I too have some misgivings about the comedy in every single serious situation. Works 70% of the time. Plus I feel like Shi Hao is smarter than me sometimes.
    like when instead of directly challenging the bully he devised that plan of getting other people to do his work

16. SovereignSamiul

Reading List:
    Link
    I too ...never liked lin feng or pmg type of novels with mindless killing .....
    I'm more of a Chu Yang or Jin Xie type of guy

17. SovereignSamiul

Reading List:
    Link
    yup...I like to express my thoughts openly ....and as a hater myself I welcome others who wants to hate me.....I feel hate is a very powerful impulse of human beings ...
    expressing hate openly is far better than bottling it up inside ....it's bad for the heart

18. a1g12

a1g12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it at first, and then i start to feel dissapointed as he turn into thief, he is now basically a thief and a jerk.
    Well still read it,hope he turn better soon

CDLevit likes this.
  19. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    In Stellar transformations.. Not letting go was called 'demon hearth', something that made you unable to pass the tribulations.

In rl.. That revenge of yours isn't feasible for two reasons: revenge borns revenge; it's a story and only in stories the mc has everything on a silver plate - in most stories.

I've liked pw but.. I didn't like the flood episode, nor the absence of a real teacher for the little one.

Usually, in xianxia teachers are.. Shallow. Even in wuxia you see teachers that are egoistical and shallow..but, the genre has action and not development at it's centre.

20. SovereignSamiul

Reading List:
    Link
    tell that again when.....your aunt cut open your body broak and took the only bone that could give you unparalleled power and basically make you a god .....crippling and almost killing you in the process, then transplant it into her own son who was OP in the first place .....and when your father found out about it ....went on a rampage and demanded justice and wanted back the bone ....your clan didn't agree to give it back to you and instead punished you and your parents by sending them to a barren land full of vicious beast.
    if you aren't angry and didn't want revenge ....then I think either you're a saint or have received serious brain damage.