Request Please help med dear Nuffians

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Conqueror of Atlantis, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Conqueror of Atlantis

Conqueror of Atlantis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it will cost me a lot of money which i don't have, and i can't design a page. don't have a lot of skills.

2. Aebriol

Aebriol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude,

If you are Norwegian, being a paperboy probably pays quite well. Look into the morning routes wherever you live. Or write up your resume and deliver it to gas stations and whatever stores are where you live. They tend to often hire people by word of mouth.

If you want to work from home, find some controversial topic to write and talk about (youtube videos). You can be the "we need a marxist revolution" or "nenoazi's are unfortunately right" or "christianity is awesome, repent now unbelievers" kind of guy (or offering youtube blessings for payment - Brother Mack is a legend). Just make up some stupid nonsensical personality that whole-heartedly believes in anything controversial, and you can make money off of that.

Although it would be easier if you were American - making a youtube channel where you worship all things Trump is a surefire way to get subscribers and fans :) The important stuff is that you won't make any money until you have created a lot of content, so the money won't come in at once - you have to like make 100 videos first. At least. In a short time. Takes more than an hour or two.

If you're a pretty woman, blogging, selfies, and living off advertisement seems to be key...but that requires outcompeting all the other pretty women doing the same thing. That's not easy - it's a saturated market (unlike being a controversial political figure - cause most people aren't that good at playing a zealot).

Website design can be done from home. Easy. But getting customers is hard. If you learn wordpress, though, you might be able to be a hired talent that works on commission from "real" business. Try finding a business that sell other IT services, and get a partnership where they try to sell the product, and if they sell it, they get 30% of the money or some shit. That means no risk for them, but awesome for starting up for you.

It's just not easy making money if you want to sit your ass down in front of your computer, and you don't have any degrees or special knowledge...

3. mio

mio just me

Reading List:
    Link
    learning to design a page and a place to host it are all you'd need, and if you look it up there are places that provide it... (do be careful because it's a cesspit for scams as well). you also do not need to pay anything since all your site does is basically link to the buy/pay section of another site... just that it's still your site in name, and when people buy, there's a bit of the money going to you.

price stays the same for the buyer, you just get part of the profit

well, that should be how it works anyway, never actually done it, just looked it up.

it's a cheap way for companies like amazon to sell in different countries and languages, without needing to launch a translated site.

4. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry to say, but with your schedule, working at all is a big fat "impossible".

reality just happens to be like that, sorry.

5. Frixx

Frixx Active Handsome Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try learning stocks. the risky way to be a millionaire.

6. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't read the entire thread, but I am not sure if you posted about any of your skills. If you are good at english, you could try being an editor. I mean, if you have got skills for something better than that, then I am sure you can do even better.

Conqueror of Atlantis likes this.
  7. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    Your problem is not what you might think (working at home).

What you need is a job or work, but your problem is, that you are not able to find work near home which prompts you to think of a job from home.

Well here is what you can do,

• Talk to the principal/dean of your school, bring along a friend who you think can talk well. Here you explain to him that you need a job, but aren't able to find one near your home and you will be grateful if he can find you a job, preferably near your home, but if not, it is not a deal breaker.
    You can go to your job straight from school if need be, and isn't that better? To get a rest of hour at max (which you previously spent in travelling to home) and then work, and finally get back home.

• You can find a job at your school most probably, if not, then on the bus. Believe me, once I had no change and I was travelling via this van whose driver would get out at each stop to collect the money from the passengers who were leaving. This slowed down the van, and it was no joy for him either, so I offered to collect the money, which I did, and then got my change and deducted the money worth my efforts. So you maybe able to get a job for collecting fare or something similar.
    • If not even that, your principal is a powerful man. Powerful, as in because he represents the students. He would know of more places where you can work than you will ever find out. Also ask him for his suggestion in what you should do? Asking for suggestion triggers something that wants the next person to help.

If you are adament on working from home, here are some that I have tried. My assumption would be that you are a little more decent in english than the average pipulation but a lot more dedicated.

• Editor for translators.
    • Write a blog, and put the ads. It will take time to mature, but gives a good enough income over longer period of times and you just have to water the plant every other day so it doesn't die.
    • Learn a little programming, by little I mean Html5 and CSS and start doing freelancer stuff. You may be able to find some work here and there for you.
    • Buying and selling as many before have suggested. This was my very first venture (in childhood) and I earned hefty profits with ease. Here is what you can do, keep an eye out on everything that is being sold online, from local sites to the more decent ones. You compare them to their market price (which you can easily estimate by seeing their first hand price and years of use, along with what other people are selling the same product at what price, you see the average). You will need to have a good eye to spot any decieving, to make it even safer you can ask the seller to come to an expert's place so that expert can verify his product.
    • Translation, and I don't just mean about these web novels. There are opportunites everywhere for every language, just search google for the languages you know and any jobs related to translation about them.
    • Other than that, I hear you can earn a minute sum by filling up surveys and polls, although I don't reccommend it since it often asks you to install a third party software.

sharlnina, SpecTreX, mir and 2 others like this.
  8. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    How long does it take to be good enough of a web designer to make money?

9. Conqueror of Atlantis

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the information, but as said, i can't really work right after school since i have restrictions on bus. school really isn't any helpful either. it's a private school, and we only recently got a principal. it's a shitty school. and ais said, arent any work nearby, would have to ride my bicycle 12 km a day to and from nearest place it's possible to work. + school, would be impossible. thats why i mentioned work through computer. wouldn't have asked if there weren't any other options.

Tramsloof likes this.
  10. EienMugetsuTensho

EienMugetsuTensho [Avid Reader] [C#, C++, Python Programmer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Try being an editor for a translation site. It will earn you some money.

11. Conqueror of Atlantis

Reading List:
    Link
    where can i find translations sites looking for editors?

12. EienMugetsuTensho

Reading List:
    Link
    that's why I use stash. Stash uses ETF which are a group of stocks together.
    http://get.stashinvest.com/adam56oes

Check here on the forums or look on the contact or recruiting page of novel sites.

http://volarenovels.com/abt/recruitment/

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  13. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can translate, Translate for Fantasy-Books. It is a free use hosting platform. As long as his English is decent and posts at least 2x a month, he fits the minimum to join. You also earn revenue for your chapters ;3

14. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though you have this:
    The last part is quite shitty if you have accounts worth a lot of money. If yours was worth a million dollars, you would pay 2.5k a year for your subscription. Though no idea how it looks in other sites/apps like it or normal investment accounts. This would be fine if you aren't thinking of making a lot of money, but it's funny how that page says, "Start small. Think big." More like, think big if that's 100k or less for you.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  15. erowarrior

erowarrior Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I learn all of it in 2 months. But I'm a programmer for around 15 years so I'm not a good example.

But they are easy and it takes for a total noob around 3 months to learn if you at least use 2h per day for learning.

16. EienMugetsuTensho

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Since February to September 13th (Stock market not yet open), I have a profit of 6.38%. losing 0.25% is still 6.13% gain. Better than a savings account with less than 1% interest. When I joined had 3 months free.

EDIT: current profit is 7.47% which is $34.26 for a portfolio value of $492.95
    http://get.stashinvest.com/adam56oes

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  17. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, wish me luck
    but how do you earn money from home from that? Is there a site for amateur sales?

18. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    You'd be surprised at how many views a guy with fat belly can get on webcame shows. Brother sister shows are even better.

Ever tried microjobs? What skills do you have?

Mowing lawns can still bring in a lot of dosh and you only need a sickle.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  19. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan works from home naked for half of the year, though not earning bazillions, unless you count in Somali dollars. When you're at home, being naked is perfect.

20. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well people like my advice, they say it helps then understand what to do with their own life for some reason. Cant figure out why...