Spoiler Poison Genius Consort

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I think it's next story arc.

Leiaia likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Teehee, let's do our best in fundraising! There are a lot of translators that deserve that money after all! Go go everyone!!! \(^^)/

BlancFrost likes this.
  3. Leiaia

Leiaia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THE Ruyi replied to my comment??!?!! This has just made my day, can I just say that your translations are amazing!!!

qweensera and Toyo like this.
  4. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    W-whoa, I'm getting the dokis~ >u<

Happy you enjoy them! Readers like you make my day too, heheh~ <3

LadyRozen and Leiaia like this.
  5. Leiaia

Leiaia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading a new chapter of PGC is always one of my favourite things to do everyday:p. I’m super grateful for your time and efforts to translate the series, I honestly don’t know what I’d do if the translations stop:cry:
    Jia You!!

6. Vishaakha

Vishaakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't have to worry about the translations being stop. This is one of the advantages of reading a novel where the translating group has English publishing rights. :blobpeek:

7. Hakuru

Hakuru 《 ᶠᵘᶜᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵍᵃʸ 》

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm new here and reading the raws. And I'm a little bit confused with these people
    President Xie
    Elder Shen San (did I get his name right?!)
    Ouyang Ning Nou
    I don't quite understand the role they play in the novel (this could be a result of me speed reading :p).

8. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    ....just wanted to check, are you reading 天才小毒妃 or the author's modern spinoff which takes place in a contemporary hospital setting with the same main characters?

9. Hakuru

Hakuru 《 ᶠᵘᶜᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵍᵃʸ 》

Reading List:
    Link
    天才小毒妃. Haha, I have so many more chapters to go in order to reach the author's modern spinoff ;-;

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  10. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe you must be ahead of me in the raws, I only reached around c600 before pausing to have translations catch up!

11. Hakuru

Hakuru 《 ᶠᵘᶜᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵍᵃʸ 》

Reading List:
    Link
    Oops... lol btw I almost had a cardiac arrest on both times when you answered me ><. On the fan note, good job on keeping up with the translation!!! (I love reading the translations even tho I have already read it in Chinese, it's sooo good)

Ruyi likes this.
  12. Hakuru

Hakuru 《 ᶠᵘᶜᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵍᵃʸ 》

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ruyi i just went back a few 100 chapters slowly and realised that I was reading some of their names wrong -.-. I'm speechless at myself.... so sorry for the confusion:( and I finally get what's happening again

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    LadyRozen and Ruyi like this.
  13. LadyRozen

LadyRozen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok given the latest chapters this might be a weird question, but is the crown prince redeemable? I mean I know he is a bit of an obstacle for Long Fei Ye, but I like him. And he has always been really nice to Han Yun Xi... I guess after all he has been put through already I just want him to have a safe ending, if not a happy one.

14. Rena.anggreina

Rena.anggreina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi @Ruyi can you give me the spin off link, and is the sequel already out?

15. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    No, the author is still working on the sequel.

I don’t have the spinoff link on hand. Go to PGC’s table of contents, click on the link to Chinese raws, then click on the author’s name 芥末 to be taken to her profile. You should see a list of her written works there; 医见钟情 is her spinoff work.

If you still can’t find it, ask some of the readers here. I’m not following the spinoff myself.

Leiaia likes this.
  16. Rena.anggreina

Rena.anggreina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ruyi likes this.
  17. Ddragonesse

Ddragonesse 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I did not know that there is a spinoff! I need to check it out:aww:

18. Horiya

Horiya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In which chapter everyone knows that the country is separated in three factions?
    Does anyone have spoilers about the spin-off?

19. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the separation happens in like the 500s or something. After LFY and HYX deal with the famine and go to fish island and someone explodes some gunpowder pegs somewhere in the capital, which is a big no-no because those were unknown stores of gunpowder AKA security risk, ack. 0 u 0 The blame for the gunpowder explosion gets pinned on General Mu, who by then is allied with Long Tianmo. Basically crown prince's faction and Emperor Tianhui's faction start becoming seriously at odds. Meanwhile, while they duke it out LFY just casually waltzes HYX and the Han Clan out of the capital to the south and establishes himself there. It's also the part of Tianning with the most fertile land and richest resources so ehehe, they luck out with the best portion. (Details are fuzzy to me, I read this part about a year ago before I started TLing PGC in earnest ahaha)

The spin-off basically starts off the same as PGC, with HYX saying she won't treat some hotshot patient (which turns out to be LFY). She doesn't get hit by medical texts, but just stomps off. The hospital director d00d gets Duanmu Yao to take HYX's place and masquerades as her to treat LFY.

DMY manages to trick Gu Beiyue (who's LFY's personal doctor) and sneaks into LFY's room to "treat" LFY, but she actually just tries to poison him with something else (a love potion or something? i dun remember) until HYX barges in and saves LFY for realz.

Gu Qishao is in there as some rich young dude (of course), with Luo Zuishan as his...iono, mentor or companion or something. He takes a fancy to HYX (of course). LFY threatens HYX's position in the hospital because of borderline malpractice on him while he was poisoned. Tang Li is there as LFY's sensible but younger cousin, too. Uh....there's another dude who acts as HYX's mentor too, basically male lead #4 in PGC which we won't meet until way waaaay later.

Anyways it's like hospital politics and slick rich male lead types all floating around. That's as far as I got in the first few chapters. Oh, and HYX has a dream or something about her PGC counterpart in the end of the novel, when
    she and LFY were trapped under the poison lake. She sees LFY's frozen form beneath the ice and cries for him without knowing why.
    Spin-off LFY also retains a scar on his hand that's identical from when...I think PGC!HYX either poisoned or bit PGC!LFY that time she was on her way to Medical City to treat Long Tianmo? When HYX sees the scar on LFY's hand she feels a sudden pang in her heart, though she doesn't know why.

I treat it as modernverse!PGC in an alternate universe where the leads are like...separate versions of their past selves. Anyways, I like stories set in the past better so I'll be waiting patiently for the sequel instead. Hope that helped!

Maikh, xyxy6409, Leiaia and 5 others like this.
  20. Horiya

Horiya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you Ruyi!:blobmelt:
    How many chapters does the spin off have? And do you know if the sequel will be released still this year?