Discussion [poll]Has a novel ever...

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by DeadlyBell, Mar 20, 2016.

?

Question In first post in orange. (was too long to put in the question part of the poll)

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on what I've dropped the novel for, like someone mentioned it's easy to get the "wrong" impression of a couple of novels like ISSTH so after reading reviews much later I made the great decision to pick it back up (from chapter 1 so it wasn't much of a drop to begin with to be honest).

When I drop novels for being incredibly and utterly boring I can still pick it up if it turns out that it was only temporary (Like CSG), this can even become more of a "letting the novel build up translated chapters" type of thing as I repeatedly pick up and drop the novel.

However if I drop the novel because it's a completely different genre, fucking stupid as fuck, MC's actions is completely and utterly contradicting his own words and or the authors descriptions then I'm out of there and good riddance if anything. I can't be arsed to read some mumbo jumbo novel which doesn't even follow half of it's own set rules.

A large part of the entertainment value I get is from trying to think of what can and will happen during the story and that just doesn't fucking work if everything is arbitrarily decided by Authors breaking their own characters in the name of "plot", that's rubbish.

DeadlyBell likes this.
  2. Avagantimos

Avagantimos Chosen Undead|Bearer of the Curse|Ashen One

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but only for 2 more chapters, the only book I dropped was about two vampires (M & F) and they find someone important (human) and the male vampire rapes the MC's love interest a lot. I was so pissed at first and when it happened again I dropped it.

3. nazmulm

nazmulm The Lord of Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
    ok maybe I enjoyed that part and the whole exploding animal butts part but the pace was just so slow but I got used to it so now its cool

4. Kerbasi

Kerbasi 『Pusheen Queen ✿』

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped Mushoku Tensei when I realized he was getting multiple wives. The story was good, but when it suddenly turned dramatic in that sense when all I wanted was some action, I just couldn't take it anymore. Poor wives. I mean, it wasn't an ancient historical Chinese novel with concubines, and I really wasn't expecting it. Dropped it for good. It's a pity though, I was hooked and was more than midway.

I also dropped Re:Monster cause I wasn't expecting an orgy... Those kinds of things don't sit well with me.

DeadlyBell likes this.
  5. Ams

Ams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH .. well that was before he got the mirror... right now I'm fully up to date:cool::ROFLMAO:
    CSG and MGS were tried to... but no longer.. they just got irritatingly boring

DeadlyBell likes this.
  6. Nabcake

Nabcake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What novel is that?

7. Ryuubii

Ryuubii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Immortal God Emperor

8. onehitnokill

onehitnokill [Greater Derp Assasin] [-1000 Kills]

Reading List:
    Link
    if i had to say it would be Law of the devil and kuro no maou

SnowTime likes this.
  9. QuestWalker

QuestWalker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Step into the Past. Had to take a break in between betrayals and death of wifu(s) and maids.

Astaroth likes this.
  10. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean it gets better? I've tried to read it a few times but I've only ever managed to power through to around chapter 60 at most, and that was just because of all the hype around it on here.

11. Arcares

Arcares Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've dropped CSG a few times cause the author just continues to delay everything and then change the overall goal of the story. Something that I find really annoying.

CCM- Because let's be honest a kid whose 10 years old had no equal. Couldn't stand it and stopped around 130 when the girls fire-wind girls thought of him like a father figure. Nearly threw my laptop across the room because of how stupid that was.

Perfect World. First dropped it after chapter 2 because of the "little guy" was over used to shit. But once it got a 100+ plus I went back to it and just thoguht of it as a name instead (bothers me still but the worlds great) that was until I read when he entered the school and started to completely change into a different character. I couldn't understand how he went from an innocent child looking to get stronger to a thief who steals from people who don't even bother him specially when the items barely even help his cultivation.

PMG- became a story about revenge every 20 chapters. The idea was cool however I don't understand why everyone in the entire world has to be killed or follow him. *shurgs* plot armor is too strong with that one

Astaroth likes this.
  12. Arcares

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH it gets amazing. Just take the risk it will get better around chapter 150 it starts to get really good

13. nazmulm

Reading List:
    Link
    the first book is mainly worldbuilding the later ones are really epic and incorporated many things to make it an amazing tale

14. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the cultivation system change? I really hate how you can overcome anything by just swallowing some pill or w/e. Materialistic cultivation is the worst.

15. Arcares

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a unique way of cultivating IMO. At first he just uses pills but then pills become less and less effective for him and he starts to find other means of cultivating cause he can't absorb any from the heavens. I don't want to go too much into detail because it really would just spoil it for you. However if you like unique Xianxia's and want something different from the regular revenge/murdering everything you should try it again

16. nazmulm

Reading List:
    Link
    he has to work to cultivate and doesn't instantly become high level and each step takes time some took years of preparations and others took years to just go up a realm although he did have a few lucky and helpful encounters along the way

17. Risus

Risus ✵ Enigmatic Poet ✵ Tiger ✵ Reese's ✵

Reading List:
    Link
    If I truly drop something I do not pick it back up.

18. Dreizehn

Dreizehn The ghost that watches over you

Reading List:
    Link
    ATG. Pretty much dropped it during the Burning Heaven arc. That was so repetitive. Though I picked it up again for around last 2 weeks.

MGA. Dropped it when Zi Ling was taken back to Easter Sea Region to marry that Archipelago something young master. Currently still debating wether to pick it up again specially if I read some current reactions whatsoever.

A Step into the Past. There was too much ntr, rape, sexism, etc. going on. Picked it up again to see what will be his decision (?) As a man from the 21st century.

Zhan Long. I lost tracked of it. Currently finding which chapter I currently am lol.

SnowTime likes this.
  19. TianKrea

TianKrea 『Novice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnator
    Because i couldn't feel emotions in it

20. Rwings

Rwings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria because of the actions or inaction of the MC in either the third or fourth novel. Was trying to figure out if the MC would redeem himself...he didn't so barely skimmed the next book. Was the second LN series I read and still the worst. Not in terms of writing ability, but it still left the biggest negative impression on me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.