Discussion [poll]Has a novel ever...

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by DeadlyBell, Mar 20, 2016.

?

Question In first post in orange. (was too long to put in the question part of the poll)

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackHat88

BlackHat88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here, although I can't manage to read it again that's the only one I dropped that I consider reading again.

Read up to chapter 130ish and fight were boring as hell, I heard it gets better afterwards but still not totally convinced it really do.

2. KagaLen109

KagaLen109 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for ISSTH, i stopped after Patriarch Reliance left...just cause i got a bit bored, later went back and now follow it by release.
    dropped CCM to wait for more chapters so i can binge
    WDQK just got rather boring

3. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes several but sometimes the later parts balances them back out

4. addictiontofiction

addictiontofiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I don't remember the series but I sometime go back to something I dropped earlier because I ran out of LNs that interest me. The second time around, though, is not really the same.

5. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Atg. Dropped around burning clan because of people's reaction, but when I pick it up again, it isnt as bad as what people made it out to be. Guess you shouldnt trust reviews that much.

6. kskx4

kskx4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of stopped reading CCM when author said that MC won't help others free of cost(about that beauty treatment thing) can u give me some key points which define how story progresses so I can decide whether I wanna read it again or not.

7. Devils

Devils Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That happened to me more than one time with ISSTH but I'm really liking it right now so I hope it stays that way.
    Same deal with CSG but it's actually been pretty interesting recently so I'm ok with it.
    If there are any others it would most likely be Douluo Dalu, that novel just gets so stressfull at times that I need a break.

8. Dragn555

Dragn555 Writer of Unnecessary Essays

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually dropped stuff stays dropped for me. Only if the novel goes from 0-100 will I pick it up again. Kind of like ISSTH.

9. nazmulm

nazmulm The Lord of Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't really much,since it will be spoilers, but it gets better trust me one of my favorite arcs starts soon after where you left off of (if my memory serves me well)

10. Panax

Panax Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raising Slaves on the Other World While on a Journey, because female mc have stupidly high status used like whithout creativite and her actions are too haphazar...
    Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, I droped for a time but resumed later , because the last two volumes writer become probably depressed. The world became a fatalistic vrmmo about reincarnation of the entire population of the world minus the best friend mc who took new beginning of everything
    Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? , Nice and funny mc become a genocidal psychopath b#itch, and later
    become a god level genocidal psychopath b#itch.I didn't read anymore after this

11. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    This is mostly spoilers for the major arcs (defined by me) in CCM. Some things might be slightly out of order but flow of the story is correct.
    1. Beauty Spa Arc
    • MC moves from poor village with mother. Poor mother gets sick due poor conditions and lack of money.
    • MC uses magic to improve the skin quality as a street booth.
    • MC helps a City Lord's daughter with skin care. Also helps a Fire and Wind Element Mage.
    • City Lord's daughter helps MC keep his street stall and not be arrested.
    • Fire and Wind Element Mages beg help them keep their youthful skin because powers dry out the skin. but MC refuses.
    • MC helps City Lord's daughter from committing suicide by helping her control her weight in payment of helping him earlier.
    • MC helps City Lord's daughter get together with 4th Prince. MC helps 4th Prince with body issues.
    • 4th Prince gives middle level noble title to MC with ability to make more low level nobles and also a mansion with servants (Note mansion was City Lord daughter's and servants were her personal maids and slaves) [Key for later arcs]
    • MC is convinced to convert mansion into high class beauty spa.
    2. Auction and School Tournament
    • Using the ability to make lesser nobles, MC employs his water mage class part time at spa.
    • City Lord's daughter convinces MC to help her rich friend with her weight issues.
    • MC sees rich friend but she disrespects MC (too young) and treatment does not occur.
    • City Lord's daughter convinces rich friend to apologize by giving MC expensive mage tools.
    • MC goes to an auction and unknowingly is outbid by rich friend on high end items.
    • Rich friend gives items (including 1 water element epic tier equipment) to MC. MC helps her. [I think this is where you @kskx4 left off]
    • Epic Item and conversational cultivation method help MC breakthrough to mage tier.
    • MC decides to win school tournament (gains increase noble titles if win).
    • MC plus only two named classmates are selected to represent at school tournament.
    • MC teaches named classmates conversational cultivation method and equips them with magic items.
    • MC and two classmates win tournament and MC becomes the youngest mage to breakthrough to his current.
    3. Fire Wind Mages and Becoming Powerful
    • MC decides to help Fire and Wind mages that he refused earlier.
    • When MC goes to talk to them, looks at a mage with strange footwork. Her stalker boyfriend beats the crap out of MC. [Important later]
    • Fire Wind Mages find out about this and wretch boyfriend and friends.
    • MC agrees to not only help Fire Wind Mages but also to support them for the rest of their lives if they are willing to be his subordinates.
    • Due to their (forced) pledge of loyalty to royal family, MC comes up with a plan to fake the deaths of the Fire Wind Mages.
    • Fire Wind Mages pledge their loyalty to MC and go on fetch/training quests for MC's spa.
    • MC undergoes closed door training and has adventurer guild find ancient spellbook of forgotten spells.
    • MC gain spellbook and learns the means to manufacturing magic potions.
    • MC gains epic thief dagger. Causes Thief Families to give valuable components for Fire Wind mage equipment.
    • MC has dwarfs make semi-epic equipment for Fire Wind Mages and armor for himself.
    • The semi-epic equiped Fire Wind Mages become MC's battle force called Fire Wind Angels due to their equipment allowing them to fly limited distances while looking like an angel.
    • The Angels are sent to conquer the major trade routes of the empire. MC becomes the richest man in the kingdom (but not one knows it). They use potions so 36 warriors can defeat armies of 100 thousand of normal soldiers.
    • MC uses wealth to buy magic items like candy and creates magic item sets for 2 water mage classmates (they repay him back by giving handjobs [remember like 10-12 years of age her] which they really enjoy).
    4. Empress
    • Middle Aged Women requests that MC help with her beauty. MC helps her and gains fire element epic tier items.
    • MC gives to leader of Angels the fire epic tier item. Her heart meter fills almost to max. [More on this later]
    • Find out women is the Empress and Emperor is no longer seeing her, but instead he is getting serious with a younger girl in his harem.
    • Younger concubine convinces Emperor to divorce empress and make her his new empress.
    • Empress is not allowed back into royal palace. MC forces his way into the royal palace for her.
    • Royal court drama with MC being the voice of logic and reason (remember he is 10-12 at this point).
    • Empress fakes a suicide and MC "saves" her. Emperor put into place by his mother and Empress.
    • Emperor becomes MC bud. MC does body enhancement for Emperor.
    • Emperor makes MC the highest noble rank that does not require previous noble lineage and a boarder city as his territory.
    • Emperor gives MC rest of Fire Epic set (which includes a ring).
    • Ring is given to Angels Leader and she mistakes if for engagement ring. Love Meter filled and she declares to herself that she is MC first mistress and there was no one whom her heart will be long to. [Key for later events]
    • MC advises Emperor to not abdicate the throne per the traditions of the Empire. Instead let MC help him live for 100 more years as the Emperor. [Very Key for later events]
    5. City War
    • MC finds out that the maid in the beauty spa are all spies for City Lord's daughter (whom is now married to 4th prince). They were her slaves to the City Lord.
    • Discovers location of ancient ruins. Clears the ruins that contain advanced golems and find forgotten methods of item creation and many powerful magic items.
    • MC start selling potions to general public. Insane money generator.
    • Discovers locations of his epic tier equipment (the rest of the set that he got from rich friend).
    • MC moves operation to boarder city. Army is currently 36 Angels.
    • Previous lord (lower rank than MC) still resides in the city. Does not turn over all the city resources or the lord's manor.
    • MC attacks previous lord protected by army officers.
    • Mage with fancy footwork and boyfriend arrive to city. City lord is mage's father. Bargains for her family's life (she find out that her father was corrupt) and agrees to stay by MC's side.
    • MC remembers boyfriend and murders him.
    • MC gains control of city military including both elite forces of the empire and slave cannon fodder.
    • MC lets troops self manage and gives slaves rights within the city if fight for it. Leader of slaves is a former noble Roger. Roger has levels in terrorist and underworld connections. MC gives Roger money and lets him cause havoc in the empire. Half of elite forces goes out training.
    • MC uses vast amounts of money to equip this new army (runs the dwarves out of special metals for about 100 years)
    • Previous lord returns with a thief army on their tail.
    • MC's troops with the help of Angels defeat the Thief Army with causalities. Thief Families find out that MC is in charge of Angels and want revenge for previous defeats on the Empire's trade routes (MC basically earn 1/3 of all money in Empire from the Angels previous victories).
    • News that fancy footwork boyfriend dies and nearby city lord father marches on MC's city.
    • Very long siege. Other city's forces and Thief Families join forces vs. MC.
    • Angels get their asses handed to them by other sides experts. MC saves them but almost stabbed by Thief expert girl.
    • Takes Thief girl prisoner (Nicole) and tortures her for info. [Important later]
    • MC wins countless times but more and more experts and troops keep being reinforced.
    • Eventually, MC's most elite empire forces get back from training and crush the enemy army.
    6. Betrayal (Note: If you hear anyone get very angry about CCM, this is the reason why) [Chapters 246-250]
    • MC goes back to Spa to see his mother. The City Lord's Daughter wants to meet with MC first.
    • City Lord's Daughter is with 4th Prince.
    • 4th Prince asks about MC's advise for the Emperor. Revels that his spies have already told him that MC has caused him to not be able to take the throne.
    • Prince tells MC to become his slave or die. MC says fuck off.
    • Prince then summons the Angels and all the elite empire troops from MC's city. The Angels revel that they have always been working for the Prince and to spy on MC. For every order the MC gave them they would clear with the 4th Prince first. Just up till now those orders never conflicted.
    • Prince orders all those forces to capture or kill MC. Angels don't move but elite forces do. MC escapes.
    • Prince then uses the Angels and elite forces to crush the current Emperor. The Prince then become the new Emperor.
    • Overtime, the new Empress goes back to her old weight and then keeps growing. Emperor throws her away as she is no longer needed.
    • Emperor's manhood falls off due to MC's earlier body modification. MC makes sure send letter with his IOU with dwarves for his force's equipment (basically bankrupts the nation).
    • Angels long for MC.
    • Roger is still undercover and determining targets.
    7. The real story begins (Author stated that up till now is a prologue for the actual story)
    • MC escapes to neighboring country.
    • MC previous suspected the betrayal and had his two water mage classmates take MC's mother back to their original village with most of his remaining money. The MC will pick them up when he builds up enough strength to return.
    • MC decides to head to the Greater Trade Route just like his father.
    • MC needs guide. Rescue thief from some noble's guards. Thief is Nicole (go figure).
    • MC makes deal with Nicole to guide him to Greater Trade Routes. She will only get him out of the country and no further.
    • MC investigates and Nicole is the only non-slave member of famous Thief Family that has knowledge (and map) of Greater Trade Routes.
    • Nicole keeps getting into trouble with nobles. Reason is that needs money to free her family including the last male heir.
    • MC helps to free Nicole's family. Nicole agrees to join MC's trip through Greater Trade Routes.
    • Current

kskx4 likes this.
  12. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    v3 and v4 are about the game of idleness, right? I can't argue with you since that's Kazu's turning point, many would question his decision there. Well, that's what character development do.

13. lenyek_penyek

lenyek_penyek Badass Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Death March was boring at the start, its all about him walking around, getting that skill, this skill, points to that skills, and whtever. It got bored really fast. I put it on hold since people was so happy reading it so there must be a reason it's good.

Several weeks later I was bored and continued reading it, after he defeat the first dungeon the story kept getting better and better, and chef Satou is now most wanted by the nobles daughters, mostly lolis. Nothing can threaten Aze's place as the best girl though.

rpgbscout likes this.
  14. kskx4

kskx4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks a lot for such a descriptive spoiler

15. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Very true statements.
    I was happy to see that LN version of Death March quickly sped up the pace of the beginning. He was fighting enemies and learning the combat skills before he left the Dragon Valley and saved Zena before entering the city. The whole walking out of dragon valley for the first city took less than a page.

lenyek_penyek likes this.
  16. gill

gill Kairoaddict Disease Acquired

Reading List:
    Link
    what i drop is history already, no need to check back

17. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    The only time I ever pick a novel back up and complete it, is if I liked the novel in the first place.
    I have tried a few times to pick up a novel only to drop it again a few chapters later, remembering why I dropped it in the first place.

18. lenyek_penyek

lenyek_penyek Badass Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly, glad to see they remove the early exploration chapters and went straight for the town in the LN. But thats why its a WN, I guess the author doesn't have a clear view what he was going to write about at the time he wrote the story.

I'm glad I didn't just drop reading Death March just because I don't like the first few chapters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.