Novel Problem Children

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Zlen, Apr 20, 2017.

?

What do you think?

1. It's great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It's good.

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. It's horrible.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Zlen

Zlen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoops- flashed a thought so I thought i'd make it into a novel.
    I can guarantee one to three chapters a week. Tell me what you guys think.
    Oh and also, you guys can also read it here : problemchildrenblog.wordpress.com
    Feedbacks are very much appreciated!

Genre:
    Fantasy, Action, Psychological, Mature, Superpowers

Synopsis:
    Everyone on the planet was on their knees, their hands covering their ears that they thought were bleeding from the deafening ringing sound that bombarded the Earth. No one understood what this meant except one boy. A boy who flashed a thought and understood the deafening ringing sound.
    "Since this world is so full of problems then let there be more!"

Table of Contents
    Prologue
    Chapter 1 : Voices

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    ranobesuki likes this.
  2. Zlen

Zlen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue
    "Oh no." I gasped as I looked at the clock on the wall. "Tick Tock" it said as it moved its long hand to tell me that it was almost 10 in the evening. It was almost time for dad to come home and for sure if he saw me still awake at a time like this reading story books, he would probably scold me. I hid the story book under my pillows, I hid it deeply to make sure that dad wouldn't find it when he finally gets home and check on me.

I hopped to the bed and lied down. I glanced to my side where the sliding door leading to our backyard is located and caught a glimpse of a shooting star in the skies. "It's so beautiful" I murmured to myself. I got up and went to the backyard to gaze at the beautiful stars, forgetting the fact that if dad were to see me out in the backyard where it was cold and I was stargazing then he would scold me. "Whatever" I mused to myself. The cold wind blew past me and comforted my mind, and the trees that rustled in the wind told me to be at ease and I was.

"Ring--"

"Aaaargh!" I screamed. My ears hurt, my eardrums felt like it was going to explode. My body felt heavy and my knees dropped to the ground, I curled myself up covering my ears like a worm dying trying its best to protect itself. I kicked the empty air repeatedly like a crazy madman on drugs. I kicked and kicked, trying to spread the pain evenly in my body so it wouldn't hurt that much. "Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!" I screamed again, this time, louder-- and longer. I cried and whined endlessly trying to ease the pain I was feeling. I don't even know how much time has passed already. All I knew was that it hurt. It hurts so much. "Dad, help me." I screamed inside.

I've been trying to scream for help but the pain wouldn't let me. All I could let out was a loud continuous scream of pain. My throat started to hurt and I felt a sharp pain in chest. It was telling me to stop or else my rib cage would start crumbling to dust. I knew I had to calm down so I bit my tongue and endured the pain. I tried to relax and tried to gasp for breath to adjust my breathing. I thought of things that would bring me comfort like how dad dressed up like mom just to cheer me up when she left and like what if mom was still alive and what we would've been doing right now if she wasn't dead? I was relieved for a second because of my thoughts but I knew that depression was slowly making its way to my heart.

My thoughts wandered here and there until I felt a flash inside my mind. I thought of something but I couldn't remember what it was. I straightened my curled body in the grass, I was dazed and I was shocked. There was no more pain but there were screams I was still hearing. They weren't mine and it felt like the whole world was in chaos. There were dogs howling non stop and I could hear different kinds of noises in every direction I pointed my ears to. Then it all stopped. The ringing sound continued and I covered my ears again thinking it was gonna start its onslaught on me again but what I heard wasn't a destructive sound attack. The ringing sound comforted me and it slowly turned into something I could understand.

"Since this world is so full of problems then let there be more!"

ranobesuki and Acedia like this.
  3. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    no harem Tag :(

ranobesuki and Raizhee like this.
  4. Love4NovelGuy

Love4NovelGuy [Veteran Writer] [Reaper]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's okay.

ranobesuki likes this.
  5. Zlen

Zlen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry! There will be romance but no harem ! It's just kind of not my thing. I think sticking with only one girl is pretty much more appropriate for me.

ranobesuki likes this.
  6. Zlen

Zlen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek: thank youuu

7. Lesbian Unicorn

Lesbian Unicorn [Deamon Prince] [Absolute Xenophobe]

Reading List:
    Link
    What does it mean by "since the world is full of problems"

Life is a tragedy. There is no doubt about that.

But everyone lives better lives than they did a hundred years ago.

Everyday thousands of people get out of poverty.
    The world IS going to a better place.
    We are already MUCH better off than anytime before the industrial revolution.

Of course some scary things are happening.
    (Populisim vs globalisim) (radical left) (free speech getting banned)

But if something was going to happen with the excuse of world having problems it would have happened centuries ago.

doomeye1337 likes this.
  8. Zlen

Zlen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem the voice is stating is clearly some of what you've mentioned. It would kind of be a spoiler if I said the reason behind this voice! (It's a plot twist after all) It wouldn't be fun then. It's still the prologue, i'm working on with Chapter 1 right now so if you can then please tune in ! Thank you for reading.
    I don't quite get your point but IMO I think the world is indeed going to a better place if people actually learned to understand and consider other people's emotions and adjust to some situations.

9. Lesbian Unicorn

Reading List:
    Link
    I though the "problem" that the voice mentioned was the world itself.

10. Zlen

Zlen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It said "Since this world is so full of problems then let there be more!"
    It just states that the world has lots of problems and then he proceeds to add more 'problems'.

11. Lesbian Unicorn

Reading List:
    Link
    Got it.

12. Zlen

Zlen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1 : Voices
    The voice repeated itself over and over again and I started to hear the cries of help in the background that slowly made its way to my ears. Screams were everywhere, even animals were screaming too. The world was in pain. I didn't know what to do. I just stood there on the backyard staring at empty air.

"I'm dreaming."

It was the only possible reason why this was all happening. It was all just a dream and nothing more. I went back to my room-- looked at the clock pointing its hands at 12 indicating that it was midnight.

"Aaaaaaaaaghh"

The screams continued but it's fine.

"It's just a dream." I reassured to myself. I made my way to my bed and tucked myself inside the blankets, closed my eyes and tried to force myself to sleep.

"Please sleep, please sleep."

No matter how many times I pleaded myself to sleep, I couldn't. The screams kept me awake for a long time-- then it stopped. But I still couldn't sleep.

'chak'

I heard the door get unlocked. My eyes trembled and opened. I left the bed to look and see who came hoping it was dad and it was dad. It was a dream but I was still filled with joy for I knew that he would comfort me and help me wake up from this nightmare.

"Da-" before I could call out to him, my body felt heavy and my knees trembled and they dropped to the floor. Voices invaded my head.

"I'm tiWhawased ThNoiSesthe toisgownincrazy is msyon okay?"

"Aaarrgh" I screamed in pain. Dad noticed me on the floor all curled up and he ran hastily towards me to check what was wrong. "Da-" before I could call out, the voices bombarded my thoughts again.

"whatisskayorong oh my god he's bleewhawtrosn gwdoha tidohaopwhenitn g"

My eyes were bleeding, so were my ears. Blood gushed out from my nose and my mouth and I coughed out large amounts of blood in front of my dad. My dad knew I was in pain. He tried to stay calm but he couldn't hide his expression of panic and despair. I calmed myself to show dad that I was okay but I knew that I looked like a dead body lying lifelessly on the floor. Dad picked me up from the floor as I stared at him.
    I heard some panicking voices in my head, it didn't hurt and I could understand them.

"What's happening to my son?!"
    "Herald, please be okay"
    "Wait for a while Herald, Dad will save you"
    "Does this have to do with the ringing sound from before?"

This time I knew, I knew that the voices belonged to my dad. I felt tired and I was relieved I was.
    "Now I can sleep and wake up from this dream . . ." I muttered silently to myself and fell unconscious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't go now! There's something wrong with my son!"
    "Do you know that when I came home last night I saw my son lying on the floor BLEEDING. Did you HEAR WHAT I SAID CLEARLY?!? He was BLEEDING for fucks sake! "
    "His eyes, his ears, the-there was blood gushing out of him!"
    "His mother is GONE! He's been alone for so long and you want me to keep ignoring that?!"

I was awake, awoken by dad's frustrated argument on the phone. I looked at the clock and 'tick tock' it said as it told me that it was 8 in the morning. "It wasn't a dream." I gasped. I ran towards the bathroom ignoring my dad's questions of concerns when he saw me. I locked the bathroom and looked at the mirror.

"Herald Booker, born in December 3, 2004. A young handsome 12 year old boy with black hair and hazel eyes that can stun beauties around the world. That's me right?"

I pinched and pinched myself to see if this was a continuation of my dream or not but I did not wake up.
    "Dad, am I dreaming?" I shouted inside the bathroom

"What's wrong, Herald? Are you okay? Does it hurt somewhere? Tell me."

"DAD, AM I DREAMING?"

I slammed the bathroom door open to get out of the bathroom and rushed to look at my dad. I stared at my dad to see if there was something wrong. Mark Booker, a 27 year old lame overprotective stinky scientist who wears the same lab coat everyday when he goes to work (and keeps ordering pizza from time to time for his kid to eat, which is really unhealthy and irresponsible.)

"Daaaaaad?"

Dad looked at me with worry and sighed then voices started appearing inside my head.
    "I'll be a good father now."
    "I'll promise to take care of Herald properly, May."

I was shook. Dad clearly just looked at me and did not say anything but I heard voices. It was dad's.

Acedia likes this.
  13. Acedia

Acedia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You've got me interested. Hope you keep it up.