PROBLEMS AFTER UNINSTALLING GAMES

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by HoneyKiss, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Crazyh3

Crazyh3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Typically, your anti-virus should flag up files that aren't associated with anything. (or at least mine does)

2. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine doesn't, but then again, having my anti virus flagging me for every file that aren't associated with anything will likely drive me crazy. So I probably disabled that option when I installed it, assuming it has that function somewhere.

3. laov

laov Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can locate 99% of the files by clicking right clicking them and checking properties. The files that you cant locate usually do not take up much space (else you would easily locate them lol...)

Though are you really talking about actual files? The links and manuals you are talking about may actually be your browser history entries in case you just did something like make a file search on my computer and panic at all the results... Also it might be the stuff you downloaded yourself instead of coming with the original game installation.

As for 3rd party soft like CCleaner I'd avoid them unless your 100% sure what your getting. From personal experience these usually don't do much more then regular control panel delete - but what they do is add a ton off adware that promote shit cleanup and maintenance tools (updating drivers is usually a bad idea unless you have a specific problem) or they mess up your registry.

4. MarSprite

MarSprite <Impossible to Gauge>

Reading List:
    Link
    You should reformat your OS at least once a year anyway. That will kill all the detritus that builds up including any sneaky viruses or malware that made it onto your computer. Even if nothing is wrong with your PC, I advocate a yearly format and reinstall of your operating system. It will make it run better.

Until then all that crap doesn't take up much space anyway. If you're lacking drive space and wondering where all the space on your computer is going, I'll recommend an app called TreeSize by jam software. It's for Windows, so if you don't have Windows then sell your PC to some other patsy and get yourself a real operating system.

5. Fluffy

Fluffy Un-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yup CCleaner will 99% do the trick (after u uninstall and delete save game), well u can also check registry and other stuff (if u a perfectionist as it usually just a small bit of data)... dont forget to defrag the disc after you done with all that just so your PC will run smooth (before u try to install or add another game) ^^

6. kirara

kirara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Leftovers only take up several kb or mb. But it still is best to delete them. Try other apps like ccleaner or antivirus.

7. sealteam14

sealteam14 Your friendly HI3 SEA monkey farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    There are some tips that help you on Gameranx Youtube channel, could be very useful if you need one.
    Of course, there are some lefrover, such as Cache data, configuration file, Start Menu Folder, Shortcuts, previous version data package, etc....
    Just to make sure, pls remember the date you install the file/ packgage/ apps and start search for modifiled file since, that's the most secured mean of cleaning any leftover file. But that only apply for apps you install less than 3 months( since above thar date and you gonna have a nightmare filltering them out).

8. Qt

Qt Qt is cute

Reading List:
    Link
    don't. Just don't clean the registry.