News Qi & Volare-merged threads.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ihave3legs, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    cuz there was case back then aggregator using NU as basis lel~
    I forget where but even on synopsis stated taken from NU :ROFLMAO:
    so I think aggregator prefer stay on dark while use NU as base to see new chap or new potential story to "host"
    also @Jaspaaar have stated NU policy ~
    here some explanation from this cat experience~
    --------------------------------------- divine line -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Novel Updates will not add your releases if:
    • There’s an active translator for the novel. An active translator is a translator who has released at least two chapters within the past 30 days, has been translating the series for at least 30 days and has translated over 30 chapters for the series. This rule does not apply to you if any of these applies to you:
      • If you start translating the series from the beginning
      • If you have permission from the current active translator
      • If you started translating when there were no active translators at the time
      • If you have translated over 50 chapters for the series
      • If you were an active translator at any point for the series
      • If your releases were accepted due to meeting the requirements at any point
      blame drama dispute over a series among translator~
    • Your release is locked. (Not accepted: password protected, appwalled or paywalled releases. Accepted: adwall releases<<< blame NUF member complaint about chapter xxx is protected!~
    • Your release is not translated from an Asian novel.<<< blame those who asking why NU not link Ori English multiple times~
    • No raw source is found for your chapters.<<<< blame Overlord Emperor Monarch or something like that case where da author success fooling some people think it was translated Asian Novel~
    If you have any questions or comments, please send an email to [email protected] <<<<<<< blame @Tony cuz that person not wanna make gmail and use yahoo ~
    ----------------------------------------------- just a line split ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ma.png or something like that

xtudiux, AliceShiki and MOHlt like this.
  2. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    when it comes to professional ethic, aggregator sites are unauthorized, TL thief or something alike (like free in their name whatsoever)

3. MOHlt

MOHlt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but it is ok if qidian does this?

4. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    well did they have ethics?
    we all know QI infamy

5. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uh no. some have tried. we don't allow them too. we're bending neutrality there.

contract. currently unclear who is right. You don't see us linking to the chapters they stole, do ya?

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? But I remember a site where there's a need to register on the site to get access to the latest chapters. It's not the same as QI,since we can read them trough watching videos and registering isn't necessary.azurechello or smt

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    you mean nepu? dunno never read such story~ I mean I even to lazy to search grimgal code for jokes back then~ talk less I need to register to read~

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Noticed! ^^)/
    Keep in mind that NU only links to the first place the chapters were released in case of mirror releases. For more details, check Parth's reply.
    It's dealed in a case by case basis for those... Just registering isn't much of a problem, so it's probably alright.

Forcing you to download an app or making it password protected is too much though, so it's not added... Depends on each case, really.

9. RShirokage

RShirokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah... I also want to be noticed...:aww::aww::aww::aww:

Bu but but, I want to be a lurker....:sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

:blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

This thread becoming even more heated, here:blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobsweat:

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *glomps*

Senpai has noticed you!!! \(^^)/

Hmmmmm... Ice cream on drama though? Isn't popcorn the norm?

11. RShirokage

RShirokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay!!!!:blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:

As for the ice cream, its hot here so I thought it would be nice to eat (ate) some.
    If you don't like it,
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:
    Have a feast. :blobparty:

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!!! *hugs and snuggles*

<.<
    >.>
    <.<
    >.>
    <.<
    >.>

:cookie::cookie::cookie:

RShirokage likes this.
  13. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  14. cequ

cequ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if this is posted yet. Here's the reply from a QI translator

https://www.reddit.com/r/noveltranslations/comments/7bcomy/qi_plagiarizes_volare/dph0kov/

Hi everyone,
    I'm the culprit of the entire fiasco this time... so I'd be glad if everybody gave me a chance to present my case.
    First of all, this has nothing to do with CKTalon, so please refrain from implicating him regarding this issue. Sorry CK!
    The OP definitely nitpicked my comment and took it out of context. Basically, timebun found that all the old chapters that EFT delivered to QI were plagiarised from hers. I can't deny that since I was not personally involved in the translations. Our TLs and EDs have accounts on QI that allows them to submit their work directly. Following her discovery, I made an effort this morning to go through the translations of my translator. We found that there were indeed a lot of similarities to the point where you could call it plagiarism, yet there was also text that indicated that my TL actually looked at the RAWs such as some missing information in timebun's version or meanings that were lost in translation.
    Despite that, due to the similarities, we were forced to believe that our TL merely TLCed timebun's version, adding the missing info and modifying the vocabulary while retaining sentence structure for her versions.
    This means that we had to view it as a grey area where you could argue whether it was plagiarised or not. To accommodate the two translators, etvolare and I agreed to let them present their cases to each other. After 4+ hours of discussion, it seemed that neither of them were any closer to agreeing with the other and thus, I proposed a solution where I heavily reedit my TLs work to intentionally use different sentence structure, etc. That way, timebun's version wont be hosted on QI and my TL wouldn't have to retranslate everything from scratch.
    My proposal was rejected by timebun and friends, stating that it was still a different version of timebun's translation. They then proposed that we hire another TL not related to this incident to retranslate every chapter in question, to which I immediately agreed. Following that, we had a minor discussion about how things should proceed (vetting chapters/taking down current translations, etc).
    I'm really glad to say that despite how ugly everything started out as, we managed to resolve everything with etvolare, timebun and their team. Regardless of what's been said and done, this problem stemmed from EndlessFantasy's lack of proper management and I'm the sole person to blame. I apologize to everybody in the translation community and hope that you can find it in you to give us another chance.
    Thank you for reading.
    TL;DR Everything's resolved.
    EFT made a new account in Reddit but can't post for 24 hours, so I was asked to post this in his place.

elarevolareWuxiaworld 49 points 1 day ago
    Hey guys, let's not just downvote the guy into oblivion. He's here to present his side of the story. :)
    There are indeed four hours worth of chat logs in the "TMR never comes" channel on the volare Discord. We don't censor opposing opinions, so it's all still up there in its entirety. I highly recommend reading them for the fullest picture of things.
    Granted, it might be a bit tedious because there are reams and reams of examples that folks were pulling out from different chapters and wondering why the same translation mistakes and sentence structure was present in both versions. This is important because one often has to flip the sentence structure from back to front and reorder clauses when translating from Chinese to English. Actually, this is likely why OP only picked some examples, and missed out on the EFT translator's responses. @@ It went 1) example, 2) requesting her feedback and 3) her response. This was a back and forth that went on for quite some time.
    I wanted to respond however, because I was present for the proposal part of the discussion, and would never force another group leader to do anything. Zenobys asked me what I would do as a group leader, because he couldn't ask his translator to translate 200+ chapters from scratch. Therefore, I had to hypothesize what I would do in his shoes. I definitely didn't mean to give off the impression that this was a demand of what we wanted to see happen. Again, full comments on Discord, please refer to the chat logs for the entire picture.

15. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    TL;DR your TL did in fact plagiarize so you are going to make things right by hiring a new translator?

Okay, best of luck with the new translator.

16. cequ

cequ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised that Qidian hasn't DMCA Volarenovels yet and letting Volarenovels continue to make money for the past several months.

Volare is making money by stealing from Qidian and the authors of these novels:

Reign of the Hunters
    Star Rank Hunter
    The Nine Cauldrons
    History’s Strongest Senior Brother
    The King of Hell’s Genius Pampered Wife

If you are turning to be a legal and legit novel site, stop stealing from the authors. Some novels on Volare are licensed and making money for their authors, yet next to these licensed novels are a bunch of novels that are stealing from the authors. These stolen novels are making money illegally for the translators and volare. None for the authors.

I support the authors. Translators should stop stealing from the authors.

17. Sharudeis

Sharudeis Semi-narcoleptic

Reading List:
    Link
    And your point is...? Didn't you already post the exact same thing before?
    It's annoying. And as biased as the original post. If you want people to listen, don't spam the post, and provide some logical explanations to back up your accusations. Otherwise, you just come off as a deaf, unreasonable mouthpiece for a certain party.
    Quit adding oil to the fire, would you?
    Sorry for sounding stand-offish, but it's just, well...(-_-)

Ran ahzu likes this.
  18. Lisstr

Lisstr Fujoshi ☆ Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Just stop... Don't post same thing...we all know what's really happening here.. Don't start it again

19. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow...this thread still continues?

So what's the final result?

20. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    so, what's the score of the match?

Thread Status: