Qidian breaking NU policy (Mod edit: Nope)

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by thedorkishguy, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    There were originally more 'bonus chapters' on NU. Some were taken down. There are still of those 'bonus chapters' on NU.

2. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know some older chapters suddenly got turned into bonus chapters (Castle of black iron 195 and 196 for example)

But war soverign for example just posted a new chapter, there's also 2 bonus chapters, but only the "free" version appeared on NU, this is how it should be imho.

3. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, Galactic Dark Net 322 and 323 were also victims of this horrible crime. A lot of novels are having chapters taken away from them because of this BS adwall. QI is probably pushing back every single novel they have 2 chapters back.

4. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They should have relased 3 chapters when they normally release 1 and label 2 as bonus, not backtrack rofl this is so stupid and poorly done.

5. killerchamps

killerchamps Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What i'm more concerned about is the permissions the qidian app demands, for the kind of service they are giving.Probably gonna steal your information from you and sell it to add companies.

6. LordBunnyBone

LordBunnyBone Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read any novels on QI but I can understand some of the concerns of those who do. I have quite the bad internet on my mobile phone and while I can read on most sites with normal ads with no problems I need to wait for quite a long time till video ads are fully loaded. Sometimes it really takes a minute or two till a short video (~20secs) is loaded of there is no error.

So in my case it would be quite the wall to be able to read the chapters if I have no Laptop or WLAN around me. But as I am not a reader on QI I am not in the position to say of it should or shouldn't be allowed. I just wanted to throw my thoughts into the debate.

7. Raze46

Raze46 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they are forcing people to create accounts so the already viewed ads is automatically skipped
    yet what is the use? when they just put ads on the chapters that already release (ex: IRAS )

8. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, you're so cool. Call someone a retard that has a legitimate point, but doesn't agree with you. Well done.
    And he was making an analogy that obviously went over your head.
    Hmm, perhaps you were talking to yourself in your post? :hmm:

9. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh why thank you for the compliment.

I am indeed cool, I curse whenever I like, I'm so fucking cool.

LaDyViL and AliceShiki like this.
  10. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    @Parth37955 , and 284533 (or w/e) was only trying to help you when he called you a "coward," right?

That logic, R0, is frankly silly.

11. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Parth and that number guy called me a coward? :blobfearful:

I'm a coward indeed. I say whatever I want on the internet but I'll run for my life irl.

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @runsing
    I would argue what QI is doing nothing more than, having adfy being intergrated into their system so QI links are adfy, since NU forbid adfy links then... but then I remembered NU is ok with QI rehosting WW chapters like an agg site, makes promise those chapters do not appear at release page & yet we got RMJI, GOA & UUTS did at 1 time... however all of this clearly not NU or NUF fault, NU didn't do anything to incite such move from QI. It must hard for NUF mods to maintain neutrality when QI keep pushing creative ways that never been done before & could have easily been seen against NU policy.

Anyway, all I want to say, thank you for your hard work & good luck keeping the neutrality together.

I wont blame NU for QI shit anymore, I promise

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  13. IRainstorm

IRainstorm Dark Sect Ancestor

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys we can consider this as a win for our battle against the PayWALL we forced them to consider the ad route and hopefully they just stick to it.
    Now instead of bitching on why there is an ad-wall (which is stupid to even bitch about, don't be short sighted leeches), think about how to make it less invasive and still remain a viable option for the, you know...constructive criticism...

14. zentetsuken

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to disagree but people should bitch about ad-wall. Just because ad-wall is not against NU policy doesn't automatically makes it a good move. People should bitch & complain about shitty moves made by company. They should also stop pre-ordering bullshit as well.

15. IRainstorm

IRainstorm Dark Sect Ancestor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea people should complain, I was thinking about something else I seen around with 'bitching'. Complain and make it better.

16. noisypixy

noisypixy Sacatunn que pen, que summum que tun.

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this seriously all they do to force users watch the ads? LMAO Qidian, hire better programmers and entertain me more!

I'm currently at work. After I finish I'll try to make a GreaseMonkey script to bypass these ads and get the chapters directly (yeah, I already figured this out).

deviatesfish likes this.
  17. zentetsuken

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but I was thinking along the lines, continue complaining so more people boycott QI.

Let's boycott QI till Qidian stop trying & start selling license to everyone, not just Gravity.

Astaroth likes this.
  18. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Haa... Seriously? Keep your annoying drama threads out of the NU subforum, I read everything on here, and seeing a 13 pages thread in here really annoyed me... Let the drama stay on Novel General please.

In any case, for anyone that was talking about NU's policy needing to be more specific... @runsing already said it, but a clearer policy means it's easier to find loopholes and bypass the policy... Being vague means they have room for looking at things on a case by case basis, so it's better to have a vague policy.

runsing likes this.
  19. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm not sure the reason why you're crossing your post. may i assume it was sarcasm? i'm not that good with english, i'm sorry. so i will assume it was.

NU is ok with QI rehosting WW chapters like an agg site, makes promise those chapters do not appear at release page & yet we got RMJI, GOA & UUTS did at 1 time
    ===================
    you, and all people who are assuming NU adding ALL chapters by hand of human, i can only say, you guys are misinformed, and/or possibly ignorant and/or lazy.

please read this on how chapters were added to nu first.
    How Does Novelupdates Work?

if you still cannot understand that thread, let me know so that i, (or other users ftm) could try explaining it some other way.
    ===================

now, i'm also not good at reading between the lines, (sarcasm included), so please do tell straightforwardly, are you by any chance feeling salty because the chapters appeared/added? eventhough it was removed afterward (by human)?

please allow me to remind you (all) that bots, are only as good as the human configuring them, never better. at least not yet (that i know of). and in the case of the appeared chapter, tony probably made a typo or two during configuring the filter, hence the slipped-in.

=============

NU is ok with qidian hosting ww chapter? may i know which mods tell you that? you are wrong if you think mods are neutral, or must be. they can try, but ultimately, mods are human too. humans make mistakes, human bias. please don't expect them to be pH 7

as for NU's so-called neutrality, sigh, i'm not even sure what is that. is there even somewhere in disclaimer or policy stated that?

quoting my fellow mod "NU is more to being pragmatically neutral rather than actually being neutrally neutral."

=========

to save you guys time and data googling, here is the standard, basic definitions of Pragmatic
    =========
    Trivia : we actually has Pragmatic Protagonist tag on NU

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  20. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    *Selling Popcorn, Peanuts, Sodas, Burgers, Sandwich and many more*

hmm it's still not password protected so no rule is being break.

aye it's all hail to the wonderful clone bots of @Tony all hail the bots

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017
    Myriadfold, runsing and AliceShiki like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.