Qidian breaking NU policy (Mod edit: Nope)

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by thedorkishguy, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Crossing those lines because those were my thoughts back when things started. After giving some thoughts or time, I realized most of them have some loophole which was not obvious or I was too hotheaded to realized. The whole 'NU is ok with QI hosting WW chapters' had a weird logic jump, mostly stem from NU giving QI better treatment when compared to other agg site, coupled a notion that allowing QI in NU is allowing the rehost, as for QI own TL? Probably was going on a logic that stealing makes 1 a theif even if 1 has legal job should be punished (yes weird logic jump) & so on so on.

Got salty with the chapters because it doesn't look like a slip up. More like NU just close an eye for QI to attempt any loophole in NU feed & would've gotten away with it if weren't for user reports. It looks like NU being incompetent but I should've realize the 1 that did anything shady was QI. Seriously it was clear(after a while) that QI changed UTS chapter numbering so it would get pick up by NU.

Also I cross out the 'promise', it's easy to see a neutral side as against you & I will certainly try but there are doubts.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  2. Iroha

Iroha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh QI....

3. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we just lock up this thread:blobexpressionless:.Its beem resolved.

BlancFrost, AliceShiki and runsing like this.
  4. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian "ad-walling" chapters is NOT against policy.

Plenty of other translators have their chapters behind adwalls with things such as adfly links, so this is not some random exception.

That said, making people download an app when on mobile is considered burdensome (despite being accessible on desktop), and so certain chapters will be removed for that reason. As most mods use desktop to verify releases, we will rely on users to report any chapters that are "app-walled".

[​IMG]

Click on the spoiler tag above to learn how to make reports on NU (not NUF).

Please be specific, detailed and clear in your reports. Presenting links makes things much easier. If we can't figure out what you're trying to say, your report gets rejected.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.