Qidian Dual-hosting Wuxiaworld Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, we have delved into this territory i would like to stay out of, in regrades to the legal actions of Wuxiaworld and Qidian, try and keep it to new topics that haven't be discussed.

2. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, it's a huge undertaking and its impossible to say one way or another, QI has some pretty large resources and have been in business a long time, im sure they looked at every possible option was looked at.

3. TheMainCharacter

TheMainCharacter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so you mean that all fan translators don't have any rights to their translated work because they did not sign any agreement of the raw publishers? (this include non qi novels)
    because the law i know treat a translated work as original and it belongs to the translator even w/o the permission of the raw publisher. BUT if an publisher have an EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS to translate the work, they can use DMCA but they will not have the right of the existing translated work unless the translator give it to them.

TrueLiesLost and GM_Rusaku like this.
  4. Casshern080

Casshern080 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again looks like Qidian doesn't care about the community and seems like it just wants the money and trying to monopolies the market, can already see it when they stolen the work from WuxiaWorld and then tried to shut down the site. Not long before they actually get away with it and then make people pay for it, saying how they have to look after the translators and such when actually the money directly goes towards them.

noob_senpai and GM_Rusaku like this.
  5. salchr

salchr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello mate, a lot of comment tout défend or to accusé ww . Same has been done to qidian.
    Hard tout remember all thread. And even as a Big fan of ww ans rwx's work i won't juste what happens because i lack informations to judge :(

So i Can only ne happy things go forward ans hopes the best for rwx ans translators. As well as authors

6. Zeph

Zeph 'Popcorn Missing' - Reward if Returned

Reading List:
    Link
    The translators on Wuxiaworld have always retained all of their rights regarding ownership of their translations. This 'deal' between Wuxiaworld and Qidian would have no impact on that. It's like me renting a car and then selling it to someone else. You can't do that. Just like I don't have ownership of the car, Wuxiaworld has no ownership of the translations.

GM_Rusaku and rakazzt like this.
  7. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It belongs to the translator, but they are not allowed to distribute it, i.e. post it on the internet, it can only be used for their own personal use, in order to distribute it you have to have the legal copyright from the owner.

Westeller likes this.
  8. 13th Echelon

13th Echelon Piping Hot Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think everyone knows that everything that are translated from QI and was distributed publicly to make profit are illegal because all of the copyrights are in QI, I just want to know if you can disclose of when does QI and WW have made the contractual agreement on hosting the translations from the Original Publisher.

9. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But the car place renting the car out has ownership, we rent a car to Wuxiaworld and they let a translator drive it, wuxiaworld doesn't own the car nor does the translator.

10. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My impression was that Qidian in china essentially operates at a loss and relies on the IP from the novels on site to actually make money through other means. Correct me if I'm wrong.

11. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't tell you the exact date im afraid.

12. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool , i wasn't being funny towards you i just wanted to know as some of the stuff has been a joke in the last few weeks , and may be they'd in fact done some work to change stuff that was all :)

13. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats well above my knowledge, honestly i doubt many people could even tell you about that other then people high high up within Qidian, it's such a large company with so many different ventures.

14. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was done illegally however without someone taking action against them, it slid by.

15. Zeph

Zeph 'Popcorn Missing' - Reward if Returned

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, nice. What if I translated one of your novels? Would you copy and paste my translation without my permission?
    Would you ask for permission? I know you said that one translator knew about it beforehand (OMA), which doesn't really mean much.

16. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you paying the translators for the chapters that are effectively being used illegally? If this was actully okay, you wouldn't have offered IRAS and TMW translators such good deals and you'd just host them regardless of permission.

TrueLiesLost and Viola like this.
  17. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realise that if you don't know the language of the text you translate, you won't be able to check your translation. Hell, there are sometimes hard parts to translate even if you are good at both languages, and you will simply not notice them and translate the text incorrecly in case you don't know the language. It's like common sense dude.

*Edit: Also if a word can be translated with different meanings on its own or change it's meaning depending of the context, MTL aren't able to see these subtleties which also result in incorrect translation. So... Without ability to check the translation(like knowing the language) people who use MTL are fake translators, because they have no idea what exactly is in the original text. They only edit whatever the machine gives them.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  18. Sebastian5

Sebastian5 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great timing on the new Exclude Group Feature from novelupdates, wonder what group that will be used for.
    These tactics from Qidian have been so pathetic and desperate.

19. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Much like Qidian has done with the other unauthorized novels on Wuxiaworld, we would ask you to take it down, and refusal would result in a DMCA request, however if you had a contract with us saying we can host your works then we would do so.

20. WarStalkeR

WarStalkeR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this is were your aggressive policy brought you: [​IMG]
    I'm also pretty sure that people will try at any cost to post chapter links to the original sources and not Qidian website. So you have gained nothing thus far. Even more, you've lost much. Add a paywall and Qidian will disappear from the Internet for good.

Sebastian5, Chibi and CvkHawk1547 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.