Qidian Dual-hosting Wuxiaworld Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is this due to the fact you've not back dated the paperwork or fabricated reports etc , ?
    then again QI is owned by tencent , that has in fact and is on record for "Tencent responded with a fabricated reports in court case's"

info from : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/360_v._Tencent

2. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is only furthering to hurt what you claim you want better for the community, you ignore the translators and their work and then claim to not want paywalls but refuse to support the group in an attempt to avoid them, your claiming that what Qidian is doing is going to destroy the community then take poison in an attempt to stop it.

3. 1amdude

1amdude Nakamatu Agraulek

Reading List:
    Link
    what will be the value of differences between the online release and the e-book? (what make it worth it to buy e-book than reading it online)

4. GM_Rusaku

GM_Rusaku Neptune-sama's Devoted Follower

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Zeph

Zeph 'Popcorn Missing' - Reward if Returned

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the thing. You had a contract with Wuxiaworld. The translations are not owned by Wuxiaworld, so I'm afraid you are incapable of legally taking their work based on the conditions of the contract. I'm not arguing that what they did was legal, but Qidian's act of copying the 20 novels and hosting them on their site was certainly not legal either.

13th Echelon likes this.
  6. TheMainCharacter

TheMainCharacter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but if the translator already distributed it before it has a legal owner, this doesn't mean that the legal owner will automatically have all the rights of the translated work right?
    even if the legal owner exist and a translator distributed its work, yes you can sue the translator but this doesn't mean that the legal owner will automatically gain the rights of the works unless the translator will give it, right?

13th Echelon and GM_Rusaku like this.
  7. Wise old fisher

Wise old fisher [I am not a potato] [Chorus heresy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Forcing someone to read something in your site while claiming it is for the sake of the community but if he doesn't like your site he becomes someone who destroys the community
    A
    Y

L
    M
    A
    O

8. Yulric

Yulric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Qidian before anything else, who ever you are using that account, you deserve acknowledgement for not bursting and facing everyone's wrath head on. You deserve a raise and a pat at the back

And now, I just want to say that your company totally made a D I C K M O V E.

I don't know the exact content of the contract nor am I an expert in such field, but as a reader and fan of the literary works, it appears extremely shameless.

Translators and team work their a s s out and sacrifice real life time to churn those out. They sweat, stress, and put a lot of effort in those works. Ok, according to previous claims, you have 'rights' over the work but what's on it for the translators and their teams? Will they benefit and be compensated?

At least acknowledge their effort and uhm.. I don't know.. insert a link of Wuxiaworld pages in those posts of yours? Why not? It's for the community right, they must know where the fun stuff they enjoy come from :)

Also there are OTHER AVAILABLE NOVELS which are slow paced in translating or not translated at present HAVING POTENTIAL. Why not focus on them instead of the ones in Wuxiaworld where the novels are A+++ OK?

If your company really wants and strives for the benefit of 'the community' and not purely profit, why not focus on them? Don't you want to 'spread awareness and become an avenue for a bigger public to enjoy novels'? Why not exert your effort here. In case you don't have time to look for such novels, here's a few:

Bringing the Farm to life in another world
    Bringing the Supermarket to the Apocalypse
    Jiang Ye
    Jiu She

How did I look for them? Try searching on NU (love you Nuffies). Some have translator groups working on them but has erratic pace, you can work with them to improve the output -- and that's for the community right? Compared to what you're doing now, it's WAAAAAYYY better.

I know I don't really have a voice when it comes to this because Capitalists don't really listen but it's worth the shot. Thanks for reading my rant.

Ok back to the darkness I go~ *lurks away*

9. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm quite curious about something. You say you always had the rights to double-host those 20 novels. Let's assume that it's true (I don't think it is, but it's just my opinion, I am just going by the evidence I see). Qidian launched their site earlier this year, with barely any content and even some/many of that had questionable quality at best. Now, if I were you guys (thank god I'm not), I would immediately dual-host everything, so that I can immediately show a fully translated book and others with several hundred chapters. I would not wait months, that does not make any sense.
    Did you guys realize just now that you forgot to dual-host these despite (as you claim) you always had the right to do so? If not, then what is the reasoning behind waiting? If you were legally allowed from the very beginning, then from a business point of view this does not make any sense.

TheOnlyRavenbrand and apothis like this.
  10. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    if the person behind the account answering question is a rep for QI then i certainly hope a copy of this makes it to WW for their litigation

TheOnlyRavenbrand likes this.
  11. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really want to wade into this but it's pretty obvious that Qidian wants to become the largest (if they aren't already) site for translations and if they have to step on whoever they can they wont mind, especially if it's other big competitors. You can say that not supporting the authors on webnovel is hurting the community but the site will try to strangle anyone else who gets in their way. I'm not going to say it's wrong or bad or whatever because business is business but no need to gloss over it.

To be honest I hate reading from phone on WW but the earlier suggestion that it's just to give readers more options without monetization = better for the community, is just a thinly veiled way of saying that the site is prioritizing expanding the customer base instead of generating profit which is 101 for any business.

12. Wise old fisher

Wise old fisher [I am not a potato] [Chorus heresy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that comment was un-necessary since no one believes what Qidan says anymore, or at least me. Because who the actual heck believes in rainbow colored bullsbit like "for the community sake"

13. Casshern080

Casshern080 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh defo they seem to want to monopolise the market alright. So they can profit off it and mess with all the translators big and small and intimidate them the legal lawsuit, they are underhanded scums really, thinking everything will go their way.

14. Donszas

Donszas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Qidian ,can you tell us about something else?
    For instance,if a person a translates novel a,but novel a raws are owned by Qidian,will you DMCA him too?Aren't you setting a precedent?When QI first appeared,you said ,or rather yet,the company said they would not do this.So are you going to rid the webnovel community of independent translators and only allow your own site?

15. Yulric

Yulric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get ya but well most of their novels have things like "HONOR" and "RIGHTEOUSNESS", I was assuming they read the stuff they're hosting and embibe them.

It's worth a shot, @Qidian claim that they 'listen' so why not, at least I tried. *sobs*

16. Lemonadez

Lemonadez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am 100% Sure before any translator from Wuxiaworld start posting content on their page. All of them have legal permission from the owner so that they are allowed to translate it..

Do you have legal right from the author of the book or did you guys pay the author to host the book on qidian? then steal all translated novel from wuxiaworld?

Also just because you have legal rights from the Owner. That does not mean you can steal other translation work from othersite who also have legal rights to translate from the owner.

Go translate ISSTH from very start. Er Gen gave Wuxiaworld a permission to translate it. It does not mean you can use the Wuxiaworld translated content just because you bought the book from Er Gen.

Its like 2 person have legal rights from the author and 1 person translate it. the other one steal from translator. HAHA

My Question is that why your site using the Translator work? If they have no permission to distribute it on internet. Why does your site post the translator work then.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  17. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still waiting for an acceptable response about some of their translators, gu daoist master translator and editing is shit, god of slaughter is fucking MTL, how is it okay in Qidians eyes to have such low quality works appear on the site?

18. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which means you're not allowed to distribute it without their express permission, which you don't have, while currently until the court rules, WW has the right to publish the works.

19. JLIX19

JLIX19 『Harem Sect Elder』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mystery

20. MoshGoss

MoshGoss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian, this dirty liar and thief, will soon die.

Wanting too much profit will kill them, isn't that ironic that it is what happens to all the vilain in their stolen novels ?

We, the internet community, will make sure it happens sooner than later.

Just wait for us Qidian, and "good luck" on court with WW.

GM_Rusaku likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.