Qidian Dual-hosting Wuxiaworld Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donszas

Donszas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is actually Qidian trying to elicit a response they can use against rwx and ww.Qidian should just take a step back.Dang man.When they first appeared they promised alot of things.They haven't delivered on many of them though

2. Wise old fisher

Wise old fisher [I am not a potato] [Chorus heresy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha ha
    Well i might not be as old as i claim but the last thing i expect it's a Chinese company to work at their lose so they keep the unwritten agreements

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    maple tea.jpg done~ hmm~ head to ren threads
    oh btw @Qidian nice PR
    I will not mind about legal thing cuz from my experience it useless to talk about law and legal thing with PR~

4. Einy

Einy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Qidian
    Now you can't say that this wasn't about the novel and was simply about hating on qidian, but yet surprise surprise the comment disappeared.
    Round 2.png

5. 99 others

99 others Sleep is for the weak.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.. a big slice isn't enuff, looks like they want the WHOLE PIE.. welp

6. yuan-niisan

yuan-niisan ★【Blank Sect's Dao Protector】☆

Reading List:
    Link
    So you are saying that Qidian was there for the business afterall.

Wujigege likes this.
  7. LucarioDP

LucarioDP New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the hell what are you doing qidian

8. LucarioDP

LucarioDP New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are you sure ??? cause i don't think so though

9. Arch

Arch [Popcorn Sect Leader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at his profile, he's just keeping an eye on this thread. He's not sure what to reply and what not to. He's under extreme pressure from his direct superiors - Young maste Qi & co. Seriously, young masters never learn.

ZaferMukeri, tskalabri and LucarioDP like this.
  10. mudslap

mudslap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is absurd. It feels like the drama in YouTube like those keemstar and leafy no chin. I don't even watch any of them but fking drama got so heated up that everyone knows it on YouTube.

Fk I remember reading drama on manga and it's also happening here. Furthermore, the one causing it is so obvious.

Naturally, it's all about money here. But apart from everything else mentioned, the most idiotic situation is the amount of lies spouted.

I don't want to remember a stupid decision like Trump being president. This is making me remember it all over again. I'm not even in the west region so I can't even vote.

Qidian. I don't know where to begin with you. You know one thing that is seriously infuriating? Lies. Furthermore, when lies are uncovered, you simply deter it away and talk your way out like it's no one's business.

This isn't even a matter of proper business conduct anymore. We know that Novel Update Forum is neutral but this...

Aren't you guys just exploiting NUF's neutrality with your drama? All your announcements of causing suffering to others by publishing it to the public only to backstep when the community clearly disdain such transparent actions.

NUF. Sometimes being neutral to a situation can never be a good thing. Especially when the community at hand clearly knows the drama that's brought about left and right.

We make fun of arrogant young masters but when they are really out there in your face, it's another matter altogether.

Haiz.

KetsuoTaberu likes this.
  11. WarStalkeR

WarStalkeR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But let's look at the reason why it happens. Wuxiaworld and Qidian had verbal agreement that they will NEVER call off any of the novels they are translating, even without license. And yet, DMCA notice has been filed against Wuxiaworld. You see problem here?

12. Shezmu

Shezmu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, i dont care where the novels i read are being translated and posted.. although i feel bad about WW, can you guys at @Qidian continue this shit up? I mean i feel like you guys are conquering all the sects and be the only major power on the community.. and when no one can dare to offend you.. you'll be greedy and stop the FREE to Read and instead be Pay-to-Read.

13. mudslap

mudslap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please don't say that you don't care where novels are posted as long as you can read for free. Especially when one side of the party is clearly filled with lies.

I don't even care too if both parties are pretty consistent with good reputations to boot. But when all Qidian's announcements on their actions regarding WW were complete lies, refuted and backed by WW's claims, Qidian is the underlying hatred amongst the community.

I'm not trying to steer you to anywhere since I truly do believe that there are neutral people but sometimes even your neutrality would lead to dismay from the after result.

I clearly don't want to place this as reference but it is really a good example. Take Trump as an example. He became president and afterwards, lies were spotted left and right.

Okay, lefts not continue anymore as you clearly understand the picture. But what's the most important thing to know? Qidian has always been lying from the beginning.

No pay wall? Well guess what? Boom.

But that's even beside the point. Who cares about paying when translation quality are horrendous?

I rest my case. If you still don't care, I won't say anything more. But cheers.

14. Shezmu

Shezmu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is as you say my friend, if even those contracts were breached.. there's no guarantee on verbal promises.. *sigh* Hoping for a random monk to purify qidian and let him reach nirvana.. amitabha ..

15. Scarce

Scarce reaping my good karma

Reading List:
    Link
  16. polat32

polat32 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does those interests, align with Wuxia world's own interest, or just Qidin own interests. Isn't this supposed to be a cooperation between both parties. What I see is Qidian is just making it harder for Wuxiaworld to work, and other fan-translation. If like it's like you say, that your working for the community. Than I would like you guys go that road, with out going the hole evil corporation theme

17. Fofofo

Fofofo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you really though?

Translations and actual works are two entirely separate things you know, I highly doubt ren signed over the actual translations, because to do that he would need permission from all the current translators of those 20 novels, if that wasn't done and he still signed over the actual translations of the novels hosted on WW then it would still be invalid if there is no proof that he got approval from all the tranlators..

Did you ask for the translators permission or did you simply go ahead and time it with what would have been a week+ long shutdown of WW if he hadn't changed to a foreign webhost and hope for the best..?

You keep dodging a lot of the questions by mentioning the NDA, which is smart of you I guess.. what if ren went public with his willingness to have it removed? It can obviously be done, would you be willing?

18. natalus

natalus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow great.
    today qidian have a fight with wuxia world
    i just comment that qidian maybe buy the translator after euxia world translated novel seen in qidian
    but they banned me.
    nice move qidian.
    if you dont want someone give comment please disable option for commwnt in your system

Pizz0011 likes this.
  19. TheOnlyRavenbrand

TheOnlyRavenbrand Death Knight - WW Supporter

Reading List:
    Link
    You know I hate it when people. Go oh it's like Trump. No, it isn't like Trump. It's like Hillary Clinton, she lied and lied and lied constantly and trashed the people at large that didn't agree with her and kept saying that it was her time because we need a woman president.

She also shows disdain and disregard for the law with her actions with her email server and lying about what was on it consistently.

And the way that QI is acting is exactly like Hillary Clinton did with her email server and bengazi. People all know she is a liar and justice wasn't met with her.

Justice should be met with Qidian.. Or Karma slapping them hard.

20. Chenners

Chenners Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No discussion that I know of. Just if you continued to use Baka-Tsuki at the time you'd see a slow bleed as any time a LN got a decent following Yen Press would swoop in with a copyright purchase followed by cease and desist to the translators. Mahouka and SAO were just the start of many more to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.