Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shio, Nov 1, 2015.

1. lavender_drop

lavender_drop 『Frequent Visitor』

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like he was never in a guild to begin w/ bc of his shitty control but he probably is ??? I just don't remember the author explicitly saying so...

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was half expecting that he'd figure out a way to get into that little mini-tournament and beat everyone else down ;)

That said, won't this mini-tournament take quite a long time? Even if its single elimination with concurrent matches, each match should take at least 15-20 minutes for a total of at least an hour and a half. All the people waiting with the boss are going to get super bored and have their senses seriously dulled. Perfect conditions for shenanigans from outside parties really.

I wonder if Deception will show up, and if he does, if Lord Grim will manage to add him as a friend or recruit him as a team member.

Arcturus likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking forward to player reactions when all the big guilds "openly betray" each other ;)

4. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to see Blue Brook Guild's reaction when it becomes known that the one betraying them is their old pro team captain. :whistle:

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still wondering how Lord Grim's group will be able to steal the boss. Its not like the other guilds will stay out of it anymore if he shows himself.

6. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the boss has already mysteriously disappeared from under the poor guilds' noses

7. lalalyly

lalalyly Digging translating pits and jumping into them.

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't believe how shameless the older guy is! I'm looking forward to seeing meatbun level up to the next server.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the agreement called for everyone to protect the agreement once they lost, I'm surprised that no one took the excuse provided to attack Blue Brook.

9. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    If they all ganged up on them it might just make Blue Brook be seen as a victim instead even if they really had broken the agreement, not to mention if it turned out to be a outsider using Blue Brook's name.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They had the agreement as justification to prevent Blue Brook from being able to play the victim card and, unless absolute proof was shown, they were free to pretend to believe in Blue Brook's guilt.

11. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because they have a justification don't mean they can use it however they want without it harming their reputation.
    Proof goes both ways, if they can't show absolute proof that Blue Brook really did break the agreement instead of someone just using their name then using this chance to attack them would just give the attackers a bad reputation when the truth comes out, not to mention it would make it much harder to cooperate afterward when dealing with Ye Xiu.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They have enough proof that they can claim to believe it, and if absolute proof comes out later, they can just claim to be the victim of the foul perpetrators and apologize for the misunderstanding. As for future cooperation, this is far from the first time they've stabbed each other in the backs, and they're still able to cooperate to fight Ye Xiu.

13. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Old wounds don't hurt as much as new wounds, having stabbed each other in the back in the past isn't the same as doing it just before they are about to cooperate.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize that they were stabbing each other in the back during the cooperation and all of them expected it? None of these people trusts each other and they all act with the assumption of betrayal whenever they cooperate. If you told me that they hadn't betrayed each other in some way in the week prior to the last time they tried to kill Ye Xiu, I wouldn't believe you.

15. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes they do betray and backstab each other, but all of them ganging up on one guild is a whole different thing.
    Also why should they even bother?, there isn't really any gains to be had aside for a bunch of Blue Brook players losing a bit of exp and maybe a piece of equipment, but that is already happening just from Samsara's attack, the Blue Brook elites isn't even there at the moment.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant before Samsara returned. As for what they gain, one less competitor and increased morale for those that were ambushed. Plus, it shows that they, unlike Blue Brook, honored the agreement, so it actually improves their reputations of being honorable and upright.

17. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    If you mean the teams actually nearby then they were still trying to reorganize themselves after the ambush with the flies, they didn't really have the time to deal with Blue Brook.
    As for the elite teams still in the arena, technically there was no agreement left to honor after Samsara stormed out before finishing the matches.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol at the prerequisite skills of guild leaders and the hax used to raise them ;)

19. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason I keep imagining Wei Chen's group as a street gang...

20. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? You guys read it, too?

I am late, but glad I found this thread by Shio!