Question about adding a novel myself for the first time

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by locksleyu, Jan 9, 2017.

1. locksleyu

locksleyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already have a few series on here that I've translated, but the process to add the novel to NU was always done by a nice user so far.

For a new series I have just started, I want to try the process myself. I found the "add new novel" page, and was going to fill it out, but I have a question first.

I don't see any place for a link to the first chapter. Where am I supposed to provide that, or is that only for after the initial novel is approved?

Assuming it will take some time for the novel to get approved, I was planning on submitting it today, so that tomorrow morning I can post the first chapter and have that quickly added to the site, since the initial approval is already done. Is that possible?

2. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    at your profile there a button/link call add release for adding chapter... there's a tips how too add your release there...

3. locksleyu

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the response.

I don't see any button for "add chapter". There is "add release", is that it?

Also, do I need to submit the "Add series" first and get approval before I can do "add release"?

Thanks

Shio likes this.
  4. MothEmperor07

MothEmperor07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and no

5. locksleyu

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok thanks.

I just submitted the new series, hopefully it will get approved soon.

6. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your series doesn't need to be approved for you to be able to submit releases. You can submit a release right away after submitting a new series. Please check here: http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/how-does-novel-updates-work.21477/ for more details

Shio likes this.