Spoiler Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jun 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    im just recently start reading chinese novel & danmei, so i cannot recs much, but when you mentioned that 8 arc of FOD, it remind me a bit of true star, Charles x Tang Feng at vol 1 (though Tang Feng acts too perfect that i can't even relate to him).

But, im sure you have read true star ? everyone here seems like danmei pro xD

Kittsune, kiara8 and Mystic Wonders like this.
  2. Mystic Wonders

Mystic Wonders Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the three arcs with three genders don't really delve into the three genders info. The details are mostly just for the setting of the world... But the ABO sci-fi arc does show some troubles of being an omega.
    If you liked arc 4, you'll love arc 8. It's similar to "Next Top Model". As the longest arc, it definitely has a lot of fluffy and adorable modelling scenes <3

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Ashley123, Kittsune, kiara8 and 2 others like this.
  3. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    Now i sit and wait for arc 6 the singing mc to be translated and hope for some ABO.

azure_sea, XD and kiara8 like this.
  4. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I just saw that the alternate title of this is "A Transmigrating Face-Smacking Devil" ahahahahaha! Such a perfect title!

5. Wulin

Wulin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does MC have any admirers? If yes who? And how they meet?

6. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    The mc's only admirer is the ml xD (and some cannon fodders here and there)

Ashley123, readerz and Wulin like this.
  7. Wulin

Wulin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only ML? Ohhhh XD Anyway thank you~ And what cannon fodders? Do you know any?

8. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeap the mc and the ml are fated lovers lol (btw the novel is danmei)

Nope since i dont mtl....you should the previous pages ...they might have more info

9. clear

Reading List:
    Link
    MC admirer mostly only the ML, there's few other admirers but MC never think much about them, so there's no third-wheel.
    those admirers
    ch 4 - the protag of that world (Ji Han Yu), it only happened in the end
    ch 5 - Yucheng, but it's only briefly close to the end of arc
    ch 7 - the emperor, but i think it can't be called love though. MC was like one of his male concubine or smth iirc, so the emperor 'used' him. But ofc bc the emperor is not the ML, when the emperor want to vent his anger by having sex (i forgot the detail) MC hypnotized him, so in the emperor mind he had sex with MC, when actually it never happen.
    ch 9 - the subordinate of MC. At first MC thought he was the ML, but he's not bc close to the end MC recognized ML.
    ch 14 - the brother of MC's sister at that world. He likes MC bc MC such a genius pianist, but ofc it never end well, bc MC only like ML.

i think that's all, unless you want me to add the passerby comments over how they love MC at ch 8 when he's a super model ? =D

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  10. Nicole Dazon

Nicole Dazon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the empreror the last chapter? because I'm really reluctant to let it go

11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, well, last before the MC go back to present time

12. Nicole Dazon

Nicole Dazon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thanks for answering Yeah I actually read about that part And am quite reluctant to read since's I don't want the story to end just yet so is it really gonna and in there?

13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the story has been completed since 2015

14. Nicole Dazon

Nicole Dazon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I guess I have to face relity thanks for the answers If you know any similar Bl novel or any nice Bl novel please recommend me some

15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Nicole Dazon likes this.
  16. Jess18

Jess18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if anyone has answered yet but here is what I've got...
    Yep. The ML is the general that had amnesia. He, in the original story plot, after regaining his memories, picks up the original protagonist to get married. The original protagonist is not as bad as his brother in my personal opinion for this chapter. What other explanation do you need for chapter 5?
    The bandits stuff are about how there was a drought that already hit a place really badly and the villagers had been selling their children to the bandits that then use them to scout out other villages that will be prey. They are hiding from the bandits so that they don't get killed or kidnapped I'm pretty sure.
    So for the last question, the empress dowager (I believe) poisoned the emperor and then summoned her son to take his place since the emperor wasn't her blood-related son. To keep the others from being suspicious (since the emperor had just died and the prince dying soon after would be odd), she slowly poisoned the emperor's son that was too small to take the throne. She summoned our ML and attacked him since she knew that he would be in her way of putting her son in power as he would immediately be suspicious.

clear and alexfilia like this.
  17. clear

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually after the translator did chapter 5 last week iirc, it helped me lot to understand ch 5 xD

18. Jess18

Jess18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh ok. Let me know if there are any more questions and if I know or remember the answer, I will glady answer since I just finished reading all of the raws! ;)

19. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone go more into detail about the musician arc?

20. Jess18

Jess18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll try... This is quite detailed so if you don't want to know too much, warning NOT to read.
    So the male lead should be called Xue Yan (according to google translate) and he is the uncle of Xue Rui (by family position), the father of the twin sister (twin of mc's current body and identity). Although, it is uncle, the age difference from the brother of twin sister/son of Xue Rui is only about two to three years. The father of Xue Yan apparently could not control his lower half and had a lot of illegitimate children. Of these children, Xue Yan was the favorite, so when the father died, he alone received half of the wealth. One time, Xue Yan got into an accident and lost the function of his legs. Not sure if the accident was on purpose or something, but one part mentioned how he came back and got revenge grand style and made everyone fear him. Then it also mentions how he managed to make the Xue family into the top? family in China? (not too sure about these parts).
    So the MC is the male twin of Xue Jing (I'll explain her in a second) and he was found to be used as a heart transplanter, meaning he will be killed so that his heart can be given to Xue Jing. The parents and grandparents (I think) were killed in "accidents" and he was left an orphan. I think the parents were actually killed by Xue Rui and his family. He was not allowed to freely go where he wanted and he was also only allowed to wear gender neutral clothing that could not differentiate between male or female. He was also not allowed to be in the same place as Xue Jing so that when later his heart is given to her, no one will ask for him or notice anything. In the original plot, Zhou Yunsheng (Huang Yi is his name I believe), played music without soul/feelings, so the brother (Xue Zixuan) hated it when Huang Yi played as Huang Yi was ruining music which he so dearly treasured. Once Zhou Yunsheng regained control, he played each son so vibrantly and true to the original feelings of the composer of each music, Xue Zixuan slowly became obsessed with teaching and advancing the abilities of ZYS. As music is Xue Zixuan's whole world, finding ZYS's monstrous music ability made him start to love ZYS and choose him over Xue Jing. ZYS went into a competition in place of Xue Jing and managed to completely bedazzle all audience members and judges, and scare all competitors away. He played three songs with the piano, one that is ranked high in the difficulties to play as the true emotions of the composer seemed not to be able to expressed, another a nationalistic and patriotic song created during wartime, and lastly a super technical song that used every technique and is extremely difficult to play. I'll just stop here otherwise I don't know where to stop :sweating_profusely:
    So Xue Jing, the twin sister didn't seem evil in the original plot, so ZYS set a trap to see if she is truly as pure and kind as she seemed. He let her find out where the Xue family are planning to get the heart for her transplant as even though she is adopted, being raised for sixteen years will allow for anyone to grow attached. In the end, Xue Jing chose herself, and ZYS decided to include her in his revenge and due to his musical talent and the care that she had been yearning for from Xue Zixuan given the ZYS, she became malicious, a little insane, and had an inferior complex toward ZYS.
    Here's this for now. Let me know if there are more questions!:D