Random thought on Qidian

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by juniorjawz, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. library leecher

library leecher Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yen Press is like a strict class president while Qidian is like the school delinquent who approaches you then pressure you to join their gang while extorting and threaten you while trying to make it look like youre the bad guy to the school student body but the student body knows who is the real bad guy.

2. Edonis

Edonis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I later took off my Wifi and it loaded the site just fine, then I turned the wifi back on and wasn't able to view the website.
    It's the level of security on the wifi, there's terms and conditions about explicit content that you will not be able to view. I just didn't think that Qidan International was included in that.

3. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly, I had the same thought too. But Yen Press is way worst. Not only does it take years for a translation but it axes manga translations from on-going... Including LNs. We get like 10-chapters a day for a few mangas. While Japan rolling with 100s. We are so unaware with the latest hits ^.^.

4. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian seems to be run by stereotypical villains in their own novels.

Obviously, the leaders at the company didn't view the international market as important or even did the barest amount of research.

Corporations in the west have spent years learning to hide their corrupt shit and look 100% good-natured. The guys handling the international stuff are failing hardcore at that. No way they end up successful.
    Much of books and a novels popularity is through social media and word of mouth. If they have a bad rep it's going to hurt them bad.

5. Virzel

Virzel 遺却

Reading List:
    Link
    right.. lets buy LN on Yen Press rather than reading from qidian.
    im a japanese hardcore so i dont have the right to speak about how qidian do and what not.. but well they do that to have a live? cuz once they make it big no one will complain.. probably..

6. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Im a pure free to read guy and I wont metter even the least towards what theyre trying to do..
    But Im not THAT attached to cn webnovels. (Getting tired of their cliches tbh)
    If they will get a paywall then I will simply stop reading.
    In the meen time, Im preparing to let go of my followed cn novel one by one.
    Its surprisingly nothing much.
    I hate reading something that I will have no chance to complete.
    I will be ready when they cut off all cn novels in this website.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  7. Riqu

Riqu ~Legendary Lurker~

Reading List:
    Link
    there is only one reason that i don't like qi.... one reason..... one f-king simple reason and that is censorship. There are many novels there which is mostly tagged R-18 being simplified into a two paragraphs at the most which is i don't like because there are spices of the story. A Salt and milk in my homemade scrambling egg, a vinegar to my homemade cooking dishes. I seriously hate that part about qi... The moment that i read the story ended up between the MC and his/her lover having their sexy time and only to find the next paragraph is full of awkwardness because the changing of time suddenly, i decided to drop the novel because it just feel weird to the story line after you cut something which is a part of it.

So yeah, i would rather choose to read in the other sites without that limitation that offer the story as a whole dish eventhough that site isn't big than read in a big site like qi which is always cutting an extremely juicy meat of my dish and not offer the story as a whole like they don't respect the author's creation fully. thank you.

8. Liener Rynnsfield

Liener Rynnsfield Holder of Alpha Stigma

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't like the way they do that. They Slave the translator!! I just hope someone will kill Qidian last boss already

9. tiduse

tiduse Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    quantity over quality when it comes to translations and releases. thats my main thought about qidian

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    my thought is
    Qidian is big company that similar with frog on well
    lel Yenpress actually did pretty good job on contain face cuz at least community see them as villain(majority) while Qidian is wolf on sheep cloth~
    hehehe one of the hardest thing to gain on the world is trust and with how NUF hottest gossip flying around Qidian just lost it~ worse cuz it seem some actually trust Qidian will way better than YenPress~ gain back lost trust is way harder than building one from zero~
    good luck to clean the mess qidian~ funny thing on one of qidian novel there scene~
    these day on era of internet and social media even silly thing can spread like wildfire, talk less about serious thing~
    or something like that 19665.png

11. badMal

badMal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

WORD !

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhn... So... A company that strives to make quality work spread to the west with professional employees helping them guarantee they'll give us a good product?

Judging by comments related to some translations by QI, they don't care that much for quality, so I think Yen Press is a better company... I'd have to read their novels myself to make sure though.

13. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well they still have some more way to go to be Yen press...but they'll get there soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.