Request Approved Ranking series by individual rank list

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by k1nk4, Apr 6, 2016.

1. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    So, like the post says, if each user could to rank the series they are reading individually, the NU can take these and make a rank list based on the personal taste of the most NU's users.

I means this because to me popularity (in the actual ranking list) does not live up to the real worthy the series I like.

I have some trouble using english, so let me know if someone did not undestood what I mean.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the average NU user is too lazy to write reviews or actually read before rating. I doubt they'd bother ranking novels. especially since few people use the ranking to find new novels.
    Quick question, is it your idea to make a ranked list that users can share with other people?

3. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    It would allow for the more dedicated users to form their own set of rankings as well as the current one

4. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I approved this somewhere but I can't find it so I'll just approve it again. It's a nice idea to let users create their own ranked list and share it with other users.

5. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I asked you about doing something like this. where I can add novels to two different lists to make a list of best xianxia or something.

6. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was someone else. He gave a link to an anime site as an example

But you did mention something like that

7. k1nk4

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, just add in the already existing list.

When I started reading I used the ranking list to find novels, I think a lot of people did that too.

is not really necessary to every user rate the novel, those who like it, and want that novel to get more popular to get more support, most likelly will rate it.

8. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I misunderstood what you were saying. I was thinking you meant about making the current series ranking list based on what other people ranked it >.<

9. k1nk4

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that could be better. But you can add to sort by like this and by popularity or other criteria.

10. Pandamonic

Pandamonic [The Great Swimming Panda]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that maybe good tho. Cause I always use the series ranking to find new to read. But each person has its own preferences for every genres. So all the top will be worth it but the following late rankings will be just mumble up.

11. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could have a "nu" score where it uses the number of reading lists the series is on to create a score. Based on genre tag.

(So the top 10% get a NU #5, the next 20% get NU #4, and the next 30% Get #3, while the remaining 40% are "unranked")

(err, its basically using the series finder in another way, for example if i'm looking for "harem novels" I use this search based off of the premise that while people are terrible raters for the most part, people only bother to put things on their reading lists that are worth reading (for the most part) that doesn't mean i always agree, bit its a starting point. I usually try to also filter for at least 20 releases so that i know enough time has gone by that there is a decent chance that it's been fairly reviewed. Example search, Gender Bender. Basically i don't trust the 1-5 rating as much as the # of readers)

What i'd really like to see is a way to see a series negative values, how many times people have outright filtered it out using the series filter. It be interesting to find the most hated series (biggest number of filtered by) and the most Divisive series (ratio of readers to filters closest to 1 with at least 20 releases.) Basically the "worst of" lists