Reading List ranking?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by ArtOfDivine, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtOfDivine

ArtOfDivine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyway to see the reading list rankings for the monthly and all time list? Like reading list is based on how many people have it on their list. ISSTH has like 15k

2. criticalmind

criticalmind Enter Chunni Name Here

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't that the series ranking?

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ranking list use reading list after all~
    if you mean you want to ask more data displayed on ranking list then~
    sound troublesome~

4. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've skimmed around and didn't see this answered. this seemed like appropriate thread so decided to re-use it instead of creating one.

The series ranking is calculated how? Is this a number of clicks from novel updates site, information from reading lists, something else
    If this is a former, there might be some companies wanting to artificially increase rating of some novels.
    if this the latter - if I decide to hide some novels from updates - does this somehow influence the stats (e.g., site ignores this flag, so if I add some novels and hide the list it will still count to it popularity. Or hiding the list actually gives the negative influence to ratings).

Is there any information available how novel ranking is calculated (I'd expect it to be half hidden - so some bored people wouldn't waste their time trying to promote their favorite novels). Is there some sort of analysis on this data done and published somewhere?

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    This is about as much information we have on how the rankings work: http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-ranking-feature.17456/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.