Spoiler Rebirth of an Abandoned Woman

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Jade_xx, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Jade_xx

Jade_xx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need spoilers: is this a happy ending? Who's the male lead? Is this book good?

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Happy ending, the ML is her husband, Feng-ju

4. Rena.anggreina

Rena.anggreina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does he have his past memories when he abandoned her to die a lonely death?

lazynoodles likes this.
  5. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    No, but once she had those bad dream when she was with him and told him about her "nightmare", from then on he got more protective of her bc he knew of her fear of being abandoned.

6. Rena.anggreina

Rena.anggreina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Eis which chapter did he falls in love with her? What about his cousin? Why he stopped loving her?

7. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    @Rena.anggreina
    There's no definite moment, he gradually felt in love with her, although he didn't realised it at first.
    At the beginning, different with the past, he was very courteous and civilised with her, which caused the cousin to be insecure and suspected Fengju of fell in love with MC.

Later on the cousin's father died (her mother had already dead) so she acted pitiful and begged MIL to let her entered the house as FJ's concubine.
    FJ was on business' trip at that moment, he had gone for a few months. MIL and the cousin put MC in the position where she couldn't reject it, so finally she agreed while hoping FJ still would still remember their agreement and reject it.

When he went home, at first he asked the cousin why she wanted to enter now as his concubine, he already promised that he would take her as his wife. But the cousin told him that she didn't trust him and insisted to be wed at that moment.

When he informed MC, he felt ironic; the woman that he loved and wanted for her to trust him, didn't believe him while he was actually going to betray the trust of the one that believed him.
    MC acted like it wasn't a big deal and FJ got disappointed by her reaction. MC only asked him to not slight her and honour his promise of divorcing her.

One night, he got drunk and entered the bedroom, grabbed her hand, refused to released her and begged for her forgiveness. MC couldn't make him released his hold so they slept in the same bed. The morning after, he thought they had sex and promised to be responsible of her and annulled their agreement. He was actually very happy bc she would stay bc of that. But she told him that nothing happened and insisted to still leaving.

Li Momo, FJ wet nurse who raised him since he was little. She was assigned to MC and become MC's confidence. She disliked the cousin. Bc she felt that the cousin was bad influence on FJ.
    MC assigned Li Momo on the cousin's wedding procession. Li Momo reasoned that bc the cousin still in grieve (her father's death) so all the clothes was changed to white, removed all accessories, painting, etc (her residence to be became very plain without colours except white). She didn't prepare new dress for her bc she reasoned that she afraid the cousin would be thinner bc of grieving, therefore wait for her to arrive to take her new measurement.
    Even the palanquin was very simple. The cousin thought that MC intentionally did that all, so when arrived at her residence, the cousin cursed MC for a long time. FJ came in between and heard her curses then sneakily left. He became disillusioned and at that moment, he realised that he actually had felt in love with MC for a long time. From that on, he acted very nice toward MC, doted her, gave her many expensive ornaments, and very protective toward her.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  8. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the ML have any love rivals? And what happened to the cousin in the end?

Lishasharma and lilysmith like this.
  9. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    You could say he's a pseudo love rival? since he's not really in love with the MC and MC also only loved FJ.
    There was one, when MC was missing and suspected to be died, she was helped by a lady who had an estranged son. Her son felt in love with a dancer (prostitute?) who looked similar to MC. The lady plotted to have the dancer killed, which is why she was estranged from her son. She brought the MC to her son in hope for recovering their family relationship.
    The cousin was chased out by FJ after he found out that she had plotted to kill MC in his absence. Later, she tracked MC and tried to kill MC, but accidentally got killed by MC in the struggle instead.

10. Capa

Capa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing I dislike about this MC though was that she didn't exploit her knowledge on the business side of things. It's been some time since I read this, but I remembered that she knew about a disaster waiting to happen but she didn't take the chance to earn a bit more cash even though she's in a merchant family. I do like the MC though.

The 2nd lead is a prince (son of a king (not emperor), I think). That's why the ML is powerless to move him around (merchant < royalty). He's introduce way too late into the novel and served as nothing more than a final test for the couple.

Other than that, this novel is memorable because of the husband's cousin. Just when you thought she'd die away in a corner, she can continue to latch on and trouble the FL. To be frank, I am very impressed by her plotting and her persistence. Almost every trouble the FL encounter throughout the story can be linked to her hand and also because the FL's too soft hearted and the old lady's a blind bat. The cousin's a good example of an undying antagonist that can resurrect over and over again to fight (disregard her final death). Things don't come easy to her and she struggled as well.

11. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    @Capa
    Which disaster? Is it before the cousin married in? Bc I only started to MTL after the cousin's father's death and she married in and I don't remember about any disaster.......

The love rival was a Duke not a prince.... His title was "hou" not "wang".

Yeah the cousin was too omnipotent, she could manipulate almost everyone around....

12. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only disaster i can remember is about the time MC's second brother was about to get an exam(?), in the original timeline the ship capsized or something and the brother died, but in the current lifetime MC somehow advised her brother so the brother managed to arrive safely somewhere... was that it?

govindec and lilysmith like this.
  13. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    @ChuChi
    OoO, I remember that one....
    MC's second brother visited her for the 1st time but in the past the cousin greeted him, and intentionally angered him, so he immediately left, boarded the ship to the capital, the ship sank and he died.
    In this timeline, the MC just manage to delayed his departure by asking him to stay for a few days.

But how to earn cash from that disaster?

odanezz0_3, lilysmith and govindec like this.
  14. LivB

LivB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter did he get drunk and come home?

lilysmith likes this.
  15. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    @LivB
    sorry, I never paid attention to each chapter number corresponding to the story, but I think that it was between chapter 50 to 70.

Edited: just saw the chapter title, it was chapter 67 "Drunk" to chapter 68 "Do Not Let Me Look Down on You"

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  16. LivB

LivB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! You rock! :) <3

Eis likes this.
  17. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    Where do you read chapters that haven't been released,for wuxia novels there's lnmtl,but for that?

18. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually, you can google the chinese/japanese title and you'll find it, though you have to use a MTL for that

19. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    What's mtl? I googled it and it said it was some kind of company

20. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah no sorry, i mean machine translator.. for me, i usually use google translator because i can't read chinese/japanese.. that's why it takes a bit to get used to in deciphering the chapters...

lilysmith likes this.