Picked Up Regarding the Duke with Gynophobia and the Eccentric Lady Scholar

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Midori, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name:Regarding the Duke with Gynophobia and the Eccentric Lady Scholar
    Raw Link:
    http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2641dr/ (40 chapters, including side stories. 1 character page)
    NU Link: none
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: It is a cute, comedic story about two friends who've known each other for years. Their interactions are funny and sweet, and really makes you think that they're great friends, and ship them, huhuhu! Also, Elsa doesn't give up her studies and is an independent woman, while Luca loves who she is and supports her.
    Description:
    (i tried to translate the summary as best i could, i should have gotten the main gist, at least)
    "Marry me!"
    "Still, I refuse!"

Elsa, who taught historigraphy at the university, was Duke Lonbartein's daughter(28 years old). An 'ikiokure'(a woman who missed the chance of getting married (due to being too old)) who was pursuing what she liked and living enjoyably. However, there was a unusual, clamouring intruder. He was a friend, Duke Inglacia, Luca(28 years old), who proposed for them to be pretend sweethearts. However, with the condition of assistance with research funds, Elsa undertook to become sweethearts, Luca who thought about more than that, got hit(pinkon)...
    ---
    This is one of the stories I have discovered after traversing syosetu's love-love section! It's really quite cuteeee! I ship them, they are OTP! Elsa is a cool female character, while Luca is a cute male character, lol! I really like how Luca totally supports her and likes her for who she is--- love-love! yasss!
    ---
    kukkiriri, a translator friend of mine, translated a small part of it. @Agni helped translate another part.
    That day, an intruder barged into her study.

He was a good looking man with black hair and clear ice blue eyes. His tall height gave way to long limbs, and he looked soon to be in his thirties. A very attractive person, from all appearances, but when he found the person he was looking for, he yelled at the top of his lungs.

"I'm begging you, Erza! Marry me!"

The woman called Erza slowly pushed up her spectacles by the bridge, and said:

"You, get out."

Erza Lombardini, the daughter of a duke, was a researcher who studied history at the National University of Fillure. She was also a teacher, and many referred to her as "Professor", but she was actually an associate professor.

Her gray eyes with chestnut-colored lashes gave her an intellectual aura, and her silver-rimmed spectacles lent her an intellectual appearance. Her looks weren't bad, but for some reason, the scent of disappointment wafted from her.

She was 28 years old. A spinster solidly on the shelf, but due to her eccentric ways, even the people around her had given up on her.

-following translated by @Agni -

On the other side, the intruder who yelled out incomprehensible things so abruptly, was Duke Inglacia, Luca. Succeeding his house at 25 years old, along with his beautiful appearance, he was a person that had made a commotion among young ladies from noble houses. Since he currently held a position in the royal court, he frequently stayed at the royal capital during the off-season.

That very person was in front of Erza right now. It was a time when winter was coming to an end, or you might say, that the spring season was about to begin. Anyway, he gave one the feeling of someone who shouted out some insane things. She spontaneously rebuked such of him.

“I’m serious! You’re the last one I can depend on!”

Erza, who was in the middle of correcting the student’s paper, put down her red pen, rested her elbow on the desk and crossed her fingers.

“...... I'm sorry, can you repeat what you’ve said?”

“Marry me, Erza!”

“As I thought, you, get out. And then go to sleep. You are considerably tired.”

“I’m quite clear-headed.”

Reasoning with such a guy who was not in his right mind, the other party had to talk using common sense, or else the conversation wouldn’t be established. (TN: I'm not sure with this one)
    Erza looked at that beautiful duke and let out a sigh.

“You, are your eyes only for decoration? What are you thinking, proposing marriage to an eccentric woman like me? Those noble ladies that yearn for you will faint upon hearing this.”

“Oh! So that's the problem……. !”

As he said those words, Luca prompted himself to sit on the sofa. He moved aside the books which were scattered around like he was used to it. In other words, it was not the first time he had barged into the laboratory. But it was the first time he acted like that.

Erza and Luca have had this inseparable relationship since they were in elementary school, even though they didn’t mean to. You might frankly say that they are friends, but ones with a slightly odd relationship.

Erza and Luca were the same age. Even if they differed in gender, both of them were intelligent and shared a rivalry to become the top student at their school. Usually, such a relationship would be regarded as ‘in bad terms’, but theirs was nothing like that, they had a good one instead. Erza, who has had a researcher’s disposition since a long time ago, was a natural airhead, while Luca tended to have systematic train of thought. However, both of them strangely got along. It was a friendship beyond gender.

And then, they seemingly had similar minds, and their interactions continued even after high school and graduating from university. Now, they were 28 years old, and still remained single.

For now, let’s have coffee, with that in mind, the woman poured coffee into a cup. It was not something a duke’s daughter did, but since she secluded herself inside the laboratory, she was able to do things herself. She was usually helped by an assistant, but she was not in the laboratory for the time being.

“My father already urged me to marry……”

“He has been saying that since long ago, has he not?”

Erza poked right where it hurts. Still single despite being a 28-year-old woman, soon, it would be impossible for Erza to get married, even her family had almost given up any hope. But, even if they had the same age, a man was different from a woman. It seemed like a 28-year-old bachelor was even more popular.

“What's the issue? With your face, you can have your pick of them of them, right?”

Hearing her say that in a monotonous tone, even if it was not to the extent of her being jealous, Luca drank up his coffee in one gulp and said,

“You, you say that knowing full well I'm afraid of women?!”

“Then, who the the heck is the duke in front of me that is talking to an associate professor of the opposite gender?”

Erza sipped her coffee while teasing him. Luca grimaced at her remark.

“That’s because Erza is my friend.”

“You, you should apologise to me, shouldn’t you?”

“Why?”

This guy was hopeless. Erza said ‘it’s fine now’ and shook her head in astonishment. Luca became sullen.

“What is it?”

“It’s nothing. Aa, we are friends indeed…… “

He was correct. She decided to go back to the reason why he shouted such stupid things.

“You were not this flustered when being told to get married by your father before. What happen?”

Edit- this novel will be picked up by @iblush ! look forward to it!
    uhhh, i don't know how this is done...do i call a mod to help me change from 'japanese' to 'picked up'? @Tony ?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. Rimuru Tempest

Rimuru Tempest Slime Demon Lord Fighting the Last Boss

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 seems interesting

3. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. lucjanssens

lucjanssens a very ¨rabbit¨ bunny

Reading List:
    Link
  5. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Always a fan of fluff

+1

Smitvark and Raneday like this.
  6. Loriel

Loriel [Aspiring Editor][Lover of BL][Pinata Smasher]

Reading List:
    Link
    Its Elsa from Frozen! xD jks

7. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    *+1 Throws Iron ball to midori*

8. BabyDalyn

BabyDalyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one might be a marshmallow, no, base on the synopsis this one is a fluff!

9. Livvmealone

Livvmealone [Eternal Lurker]

Reading List:
    Link
    +1000000

10. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what is with these iron ballls----!
    glad i've got a good reception on the story,wahahaM

11. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have any paper balls T^T

@arashi-chan12 interested on making a teaser of it?

12. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but iron balls are so dangerous---! uwahhh

13. earlkuma

earlkuma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Atamahead027

Atamahead027 Pleasure Research Club President

Reading List:
    Link
    +over 9000

lucjanssens likes this.
  15. earp

earp villainess trash reader ;)

Reading List:
    Link
    +over infinity

16. Hallow Cause

Hallow Cause Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +א‎0

Been a while since read fluffy novels.

17. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is always a need for more fluff!

18. Hallow Cause

Hallow Cause Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Been feeling edgy lately, so I've been reading edgy novels... I guess it's time to balance out the edginess and the fluffyness in my system.

19. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, yes, mood is important. I was in an angsty mood the other day, so i read some angst...but i am a fluff fan!

20. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Fluffy novel that's easy to read and is heartwarming? Sign me up!