LCD Reika-Sama (Kenkyo Kenjitsu)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zephron, Feb 7, 2016.

1. lexlangel

lexlangel Shem's lost butler

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup our reika is Walking a dangerous path. It wouldnt be strange if all end Up as the manga Ofc if that happen There will be something to overturn the sad ending

As for romance, i would like if reika Could end Up with an unexpected character defying the manga setting.
    But kaburagi x Reika would be interesting I can imaginé quite a bit of hardships in that.
    Enjou x Reika There is enough interaction for that to happen but wouldnt find it interesting unless a pro per rival in love appear but u ntil Now There aint pro per Developed character who like him

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2017
    earp likes this.
  2. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, glad you liked it.

But yeah, this is hard to guess at. It would be easy to be very wrong.

Thinking about things from Kaburagi's mother's point of view, her son is probably the most eligible bachelor around and she would obviously want a good wife for him. Her idea of a good wife candidate would probably be quite a bit stricter than it would be otherwise because she knows her son is a bit of an idiot - the ideal candidate would be someone who can help him when he screws up and also admonish/correct him in the first place. A fan-girl that would do whatever he said would be bad. She also seems keen to have some cute girls in the house as well, so good looks would be a plus too.

I think Yurie would have been more than acceptable as a candidate, but obviously that's not happening now. Reika would look like an ideal candidate I'm sure. Her background/family is excellent (we've not seen any girls being presented as being higher ranking than Reika). Her looks are excellent. She even has good grades. She's the same age, goes to the same school. She's not dating anyone else. She seems modest (ie not yet another gold digger) etc. I suspect if Kaburagi's mother would be drooling if she knew that Reika had done things like give quality advice to Kaburagi (over Yurie in primary school), or admonished him (after the Tsuruhana smack-down) in such a way that he changed his behaviour.

I don't think it's that much of a surprise that nearly everyone in-world is shipping Kaburagi x Reika behind their backs...

Yep, standing out by using a contrary strategy is a well known tactic. While everyone else is ruining themselves, Reika is quietly racking up points in the background. However, Reika acting like a generic fan-girl would have its own dangers - eg it would be much harder for her to refuse requests that involve Kaburagi. And worst of all, can you imagine Reika forcing herself to act as if she actually likes Kaburagi!? For 12 years!? Ain't happening!

3. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor reika-sama

chamchaworld, FranckOA and moridin84 like this.
  4. lexlangel

Reading List:
    Link
    To clarify There is plenty Room to make an Enjou x Reika interesting, just not enough material for that still.
    Well that clarified.
    How come just after i say enjou x Reika wouldnt be as interesting as kaburagi x Reika.
    There is an Enjou x Reika scene. Isnt that bullying ?! I Wanna cry you know.

5. LeeEzekiel

LeeEzekiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Since I was tired from having fun all day, I opened the door to my room only to meet with the bobcut doll from yesterday, clattering and walking my way."

Karma strikes! That's what you get for scaring people, Reika-sama.

"I win. Actually I forgot about the media thumbnails and scared myself just now while uploading the aquarium pictures."

Karma strikes! That's what you get for scaring people, Estelion-sama.

On a more serious note, my my. I have a feeling this is going to get ugly veryyy soon. Is it a mass Pivoine calling-out of the far too audacious Maihama? They're in public, though, so it can't be anything too extreme. Huh, and another hint that Enjoy may be trying to get Masaya and Reika closer. I honestly can't tell if Enjou is interested in her or just thinks that she's a good match for his best bud.

lexlangel likes this.
  6. lexlangel

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm just a feeling but reika position is higher than maihama on the pivoine i think. If i am not wrong T hen There will not be trouble on that si de.
    I fear a new misunderstanding tough

7. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maihama isn't in the Pivoine. She's from the same school as Sakurako.

estelion and LeeEzekiel like this.
  8. lexlangel

Reading List:
    Link
    Right well in that case i want to think There wont be trouble unless There is another one in the pivoine making an scene of jealous

9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    How dare Ririna come and ruin Reika-sama's lovely time with Mao-chan!? That damn girl! Defenestrate her Reika-sama! Defenestrate!!!
    Well, it kind of makes sense, but... He doesn't seem like the type to do that?

Maybe he is just a workaholic, so he works a lot...
    *laughs* It's definitely true! But Reika would be waaaaay too embarrassed to ever go all squee over them both!
    I think he is basically teasing Reika... Rather, I'm pretty sure he knows she is not interested in any of them both, so he might be trying to slowly make her fall for any of them both.

10. lexlangel

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm no matter what reika does kaburagi and her are a couple in others eyes. ... may be the manga reika did read was made on other people perspective with a lot of misunderstanding. Her info Being obsolet in that case ja

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    The pivoine's president is scary... >.>

Reika is really in a troublesome situation, not being able to escape together with Kaburagi and Enjou! >.<

Ganbatte Reika-sama! At least you got hold of their hypocrisy when dealing with Wakaba-chan! Maybe you'll be able to use it against them at one point!!!

lexlangel likes this.
  12. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Whose to bet reika will be Pivoine President next year?

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm... I was honestly hoping she would join the student council, but she already declined that offer, so... I think it's... Plausible?

I am 100% sure Reika would not want the title on her hands, but I can imagine it being forced on her... Hmmmmmm... I'd say it's a 50/50 chance?

14. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm I could see it, and her being forced to be a class rep as well. And inadvertently bringing the two closer together while trying to keep herself away from danger.

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, she already gave up on fighting against being a class rep, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to consider she would accept the position of pivoine president after enough pressure.

I think she would bring them closer indeed! She has no reasons to pick up fights with the council after all!

16. insteadofdeath

insteadofdeath Faith

Reading List:
    Link
    Just caught up on the latest translated chapters. I got to this part

and laughed. No matter how much I ship her with other characters, the sad truth is, Reika is Chief of Forever Alone because she doesn't have a single romantic bone in her body. Not even a little finger bone.

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't give up! Reika x Wakaba wo'nt be defeated by things as meager as being the chief of the forever alone village! Wakaba-chan can definitely overcome this barrier and capture Reika-sama!!!

18. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ririna is pretty clever. Rather than trying to compete with Mao for the little sister slot, she decided to insert herself into the hierarchy.

You know, Reika seems to be planning to go to college but it that normal for these guys? Are all her friends going to go to college as well?

It's a very Reika thing.

In the original story she was willing to marry Kaburagi to original-Reika so I wonder about her wife criteria.

Plus, Maihama has apparently come over to Kaburagi's house a number of times and always seemed to be invited to these parties. So it seems like Kaburagi's mother is fine with her.

Kaburagi's mother might seem like a lovely person but when you consider her behavior in the original story... that impression drops dramatically. Pretty sure that's why Reika always has her guard up high when dealing with her.

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *wishes to kick Ririna*
    Well, Reika's plan of going to college was very based on her mentality of average person on our world... I think she simply never bothered to think about it.
    Maybe Kaburagi's mom is simply afraid of Kaburagi ending up as a forever alone guy due to his terrible personality? So she is willing to take anyone that she can get?

Either that, or she is seeking to find him an arranged marriage.

20. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... it is better than competing with Mao.

I don't think she really has the mentality of the average person anymore.

Well, you are right when you say she hasn't really thought that far. After all, her college plan is if her family "falls into ruin" like in the manga. And that happens in the high school period.

I forget, did her brother go to college or did he go directly to working for his father's company?

It would be pretty interesting if it went into the college era. She wouldn't be surrounded by ojou-samas anymore.

There are literally dozens of girls perfectly willing to go out with him.