Discussion Release That Witch Translation Drama - Mega Merge

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Ishmael, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    I post this post because qidian post wrong chapter in recent chapter. They post chapter 375 instead of 372. So there is more chapter we can discuss

So it is wrong to help other member?
    This is about latest chapter in rtw too

I can accept if you ban me a day or even a week. But forever?
    You really ruined my morning

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Which thread? o_O

3. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're banned for trying to bait others and posting off-topic.
    [​IMG]

You can come back maybe when the drama has died down but at this point, I see no reason to reverse this decision. You can check-in with me in about a month. West clearly warned everyone and yet a few posts down (the posts have since been moved to this thread), you persisted.

4. alamptr

Reading List:
    Link
    That post? Is clearly because seki made a post that he will make announcement in next week

You really ruined my day
    Btw, i am done with this shit, bye all

5. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well if they "Have Hired Pro's" they're not very good and I'd get the money back, if you pay 1/8 below market cost, , then your missing the good 7/8's of the rest of it ..no one's going to give it their best for that type of money ..I know this as fact as i run a company myself and when you pay cheap you get cheap . also if you bothered to look at the company, by using that wonderful thing called google you can see they USE MT tl's and Humans ...
    so everything i've said is backed up by just looking at the website..if it's a MT job with a pre-set dictionary mode and NO REAL PROOF READER .. ( and my chat just now with their staff help desk )

if you're going to come out with comments at least check your facts 1st

this is their linkden page https://www.linkedin.com/company/transn-china-technology-co-ltd-
    and their main page http://www.transn.com/

I've just been talking to them about their services ... see chat below
    btw this is part of the chat from the sales team as zendesk cover it 24/7

01:39:26) ME as i'm asking re the finished proofreading if I wanted work done
    (01:41:04) ME: as i have about a 30-page doc that needs to be done from Japanese to English
    (01:41:15) staff For special localization project and inquiry, need machine translation.
    (01:41:16) ME so I'm just confirming the way if i decided to use your services after googling it

so as i said MT, but also with human only doing a bit of it ...and i happened to ask re japanese as i happen to need something done in it

the only thing i've done from this chat is to remove my RL name and the staff's name as it's unfair to her

so once again MT with human and NO REAL PROOFREADER or FINISHING EDITOR = crap TL no matter how fast you are if they don't, in fact, understand the story and just pumping it out its going to be crap ...
    that why i said they need to do a V2 like a lot of TL groups do ..as they are trying to do it to fast and screwing it up ..

so my point stays

6. Wei

Wei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was actually being sarcastic. I made a comment the previous page about how unlikely they actually hired real professionals.

Sorry if I wasn't clear I was being sarcastic in my comment. I thought mentioning they were 1/8 the market price would show I was being sarcastic. I guess my sarcasm doesn't really carry well over the internet. Sorry I wasn't clear

zentetsuken likes this.
  7. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kk if you were np , :) ( i may have missed the full post)
    as it's 3 am in the UK
    i can't sleep that's why I'm still up as just had an op 4 days ago and even on the painkillers, i can't sleep
    the thing is if they can do a v2 and also find a real editor it wouldn't be a problem, they just need to step back for a little bit and i think they could, in fact, get it to work ...but we're all see :)

8. alamptr

Reading List:
    Link
    I am back
    Fine then, i will pm you everyday until you release me

Rtw lcd thread

9. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason I saw this user as Wei from WoC, sayinb all this with a innocently smiling face... GAHH!! I cn't get it out of my head...

10. QI_Meh

QI_Meh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get that you like reading people's hate / shitposting, but do you really have to post "heh" at people getting banned for Qishitdian's bullshit?

@Parth37955 @runsing please. @remy911

paradoxez likes this.
  12. MOHlt

MOHlt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Professional translation?

wewe likes this.
  13. shylight

shylight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, being professional translator doesn't necessarily means you're good at it.

14. MOHlt

MOHlt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And that means that you are not a professional translator, just some dude/amateur pretending to be one.

15. shylight

shylight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. By definition "professional" is "a person engaged or qualified in a profession". It's not that uncommon for enthusiasts to show better result than professionals of certain occupations, translations included. Mostly because enthusiasts actually care, while for professional it's just numbers towards their next paycheck.

Westeller likes this.
  16. QI_Meh

QI_Meh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nice

i tried my hand at fixing it, tell me your thoughts (or more likely your shittalk lol)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2017
  17. MOHlt

MOHlt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First you are talking that by being professional doesn't mean that you are professional. Now about enthusiasts sometimes being better than professionals...Where are you going with this?

You are not a professional
    You are not an enthusiast
    You are getting paid fraction of that real professional translator gets and your "translation" is merely edited MTL. In latest chapter some parts are not even edited. Well I guess you can be a crappy amateur... or a conman if you still insist to be a professional. Well conman maybe isn't correct term, but you should get the drift, maybe.

How nice you you! You a real definition of "professional" and your professional ethics are nearly flawless!
    Well I guess you can't expect more from a common qidian th*g.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    zentetsuken and rei_hunter like this.
  18. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there is some confusion about the word professional. All professional means is that someone gets paid to do a certain job. Where as an amateur is someone who does it as a hobby (though sometimes amateur is also used to describe someone unskilled)

The behavior someone has separating their personal feelings and their job is professionalism.

Now then, the term used to describe someone who excels at a profession/field is called an "expert" or in some cases "master".

Someone who works at a job and meets minimum standards set by some official entity(or entity with credentials) is a certified professional. In fields government restricts entry, there is qualified professional.

Anyways, professional is just an impressive sounding word for saying "I get paid to do this" used against people who get swung in by fancy sounding words. Lets not make it out more than it is.

This is why you should always ask someone who claims to be a professional if they are certified. And yes there are certifications for translation as well such as:

https://www.atanet.org/certification/

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    readerz and shylight like this.
  19. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's like a kid really. He also likes to filter out what he's reading so he doesnt get stressed. (Ignore list like a kid)

MOHlt likes this.
  20. BabaNovac

BabaNovac FUYUKAI DESU Seraglio e youkoso SchrodingerPanties

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh... I already miss @Roxerer :cry: Times were good when he was translating RTW. I didn't mind waiting even for a few weeks for a chapter, at least I knew it was a good quality one. If I ever wanted to read mtl (whether from seki or from meh kun I would have binge read it on mtl a long time ago) But since I didn't want to lose the essence of the story(all the science and other small things that get lost in translation but nonetheless useful since they are used for enriching the story). No matter who translates this story whether sekki kun or meh kun please don't do it half assed. We love this story a lot and if you don't like it enough to showcase it's deserved respect please stop translating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.