LCD Release that Witch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Dusk, Jun 30, 2016.

1. bennnnny

bennnnny New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, i don't really understand y u guys struggle about harem novel or not. The author tend to just anna at the beginning, but now more and more chinese readers claim more girl. So, in Chap647 roland has an conversation with Anna about Nightingale. The answer from Anna is "no, at least not now":). Technically, RTW is not harem so far, but , if the chinese reader could push the author more, Nightingale will be the next one and the last one i think.
    And Roland is still mortal so far.

haha, the same feeling when I read other Xuanhuan or Xianxia novels. So many weird translations to me cus i only have chinese background:cry:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2017
    Human likes this.
  2. swordman009

swordman009 Destroyer

Reading List:
    Link
    Pft i don't care if it ends up harem or not i just heh cannot tell due to nightingale in the mix ;P Thanks for the delicious info C;

3. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it turns into harem I'm gonna cry. Roland is supposed to be a modern guy holding the modern belief of monogamy. He's not some ancient Chinese emperor with a palace of concubines or King Henry VIII with 6 wives. ONE LIFE ONE LOVE! Roland x Anna!

IDK what should be done about Nightingale though...

Human likes this.
  4. hodel.kirk

hodel.kirk Walking the Dao of the Brick, Building by Building

Reading List:
    Link
    Since we still have people having very open relationships and affairs left and right why can't Roland?

Tebix likes this.
  5. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as he benefits, as the famous saying goes, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do".

juniorjawz, Dusk, Tebix and 1 other person like this.
  6. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Affairs left and right" don't pop up when I think of Roland. From my impression of him, he seems to be a very smart hard working normal guy with relatively normal values. He doesn't seem to be the type of lecherous philanderer who is into one-night stands. Maybe the previous Roland, but not the new one.

He also doesn't seem to be the type to have open relationships. I don't see him pining for girls left and right. He seems relatively loyal to Anna. Also, since he was a 21st-century Chinese citizen, I doubt he's into open relationships. Chinese/Asian culture is relatively conservative sexuality-wise. There aren't many who practice swinging culture, open relationships, nudist colonies, etc in the West, let alone China. But hey, maybe he's the 1%.

Sure, he can have affairs and open relationships, but he doesn't seem the type of person to.

True. But is polygamy a thing in the Release That Witch universe? I can't recall any nobility having more than one wife. But since it's loosely based on medieval Europe, it would be logical to infer that the marriage system is similar.

If it's marriage for benefits, there would be little point in him marrying Anna and Nightingale since they are already loyal to him. Marriage isn't going to change their loyalty. The most beneficial marriage I can think of would be him and Garcia, his sister. That way, the Western Territory and the pirate fleet is united. Incest is a little weird, but it was common among European nobility and hey, when in Rome do as the Romans do.

Also if he had the whole "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" attitude, we wouldn't even have the story of Release That Witch. It would just be Roland burning Anna at stake to keep with the witch hunting customs.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Ishmael, Dusk, Human and 2 others like this.
  7. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 269: Bruh, Roland's plans seem to be getting larger and larger. Turning Border Town into a city? Nice. Though I'm also curious to see how they deal with the Months of Demons. I mean, sure, it should be significantly easier compared to the previous year, but it can't be easy to such an extent where it's only mentioned in passing right? It's only the second Months of Demons since Roland has passed over, and I wanna see how he deals with the Months of Demons, and slowly encroach upon the lands in the west.

8. IRandomGuy

IRandomGuy ohhh, custom title...

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking it's going to be fairly easy, given that he have a whole year to prep. This mean he should have the wall, better troops, improve witches, and most importantly, more realistic information on the beast instead of second hand info like last time. Oh right, and his sister is coming. Those chapters will probably focus more on the relationship of the two pro-witch faction then the danger of the beast.

9. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as it benefits him, basically cherry picking base on the situation ;)

10. Pyre

Pyre Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Roland is just like you said, a normal guy with normal values. However, he is, like any Chinese nerd, awkward when it comes to relationships, and doesn't quite know how to turn a woman off. Aaaand don't forget, Nightingale isn't any woman, certainly not a modern woman who you can just expect to find someone else to love. She is a witch who: 1. has been hurt by "regular people" in the past; 2. cannot bear children; 3. serves as Roland's personal bodyguard, and probably will keep serving until the whole story is resolved (i.e. god knows when). Sure, Roland may find polygamy a bit weird and not quite in line with his values, but it's really not like he is so firmly against it he is not even willing to put in some effort to see if a mini-harem can work out.

Action likes this.
  11. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link
    I think, to Roland, as long as both Anna and Veronica are ok with it, He would be more than happy to oblige... as for after those two others are interested (scroll, wendy, etc), who knows...

Action likes this.
  12. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love hearing everyone's opinions. I think that's half the fun in reading.

Anyways, @Pyre and @no168_92 , I would laugh my ass off if he ended up with a woman because he didn't know how to turn her down. How I imagine it mentally going down:

[ Nightingale throws herself at Roland. ]
    Roland: [Stiffens, with a blank expression] I guess this is my life now
    Wendy, Scroll, etc: Holy shit that works?
    [Wendy, Scroll, etc throw themselves at Roland]
    Narrator: [In a deep Morgan Freeman-esque voice] And thus, Roland, who erected the first cement wall and steam engine, would become the first to erect a harem. Truly, a man of firsts.

You guys have kinda swayed me into believing that it might be possible for Roland to be the soft-hearted kind of guy to permit himself a mini-harem. If it happens, I hope the author gives us a good reason.

Still, I personally don't like harems. I don't even know how you would write it well. But if Vladimir Nabokov can transform pedophilia into Lolita, surely somebody can write a harem into the next Romeo and Juliet, or should I say, Romeo and Juliet, Cordelia, Portia, Ophelia, and Desdemona. (Portia best girl <3)

What I don't like about harems is that they usually turn into some emotionally shallow and sexually rampant story. It just becomes a "gotta bang 'em all" sexfest. (Cough Martial God Asura). After all, it's hard to develop emotional romance when it goes like:

Anna: Roland, you are my whole world and the only person I will ever love in this lifetime.
    Roland: I love you too.
    [Nightingale glares daggers at Roland. Feeling the pressure, he turns toward Nightingale.]
    Roland: Oh, and you too. I love you too.

It just doesn't have quite the same feel ... =__=

I would rather see a cute subplot about Roland and Anna's burgeoning relationship. They are both romantically inexperienced people and it would be so so adorable to see them fumble through their relationship together in that sort of awkward nerdy way. Or maybe all of this is my delusional rose-tinted dream. I'm a sucker for cute romance and it would be so nice T_T

Anna: My love for you is like the function y=x^3—unbounded, with no limits, and goes on forever.
    [All the other witches stare in confusion because they've only gotten to multiplication tables.]

Raneday, Human, Tebix and 5 others like this.
  13. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    if it gotta have something like harem make it feel legit not Mc pussy magnet~
    [​IMG]

Human, no168_92 and Wowafay like this.
  14. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link
    so far, veronica has been a very understanding third wheel?? as she always gives room/privacy to Roland and Anna whenever they are going lovey dovey.. basically, she knows her place.

but for Anna, I dont know, as to whether she truly dont knows about Veronica's feeling or only PRETEND to not notice...

but, you could understand why the witches could fall in love with Roland, although he doesnt directly tries to seduce them. He's kind, give them good treatment and accommodations, respect them. what not to like? and moreover, he's a prince (not sure about the charming or on a white horse part).. hahaha...

15. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao that was a random wayside skit. I was just trying to show how unromantic it is when Roland has ten other girls in his back pocket. Anna would be like "oh Roland, swoon, you are my whole world" and Roland can only reply with "oh Anna, you are 78.3% of my whole world since I still got Veronica and Wendy." Seriously, how the fuck do you write a good harem without it sounding emotionally shallow?

Good question about Anna. I think she doesn't know at this point. Veronica hides it pretty well and Anna isn't that quick to catch on to things.

Hahaha Roland has definitely got the charms. Not the sexy charms, but definitely the charisma charms.

16. Pyre

Pyre Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Anna's your quiet, introvert and ultra-perceptive girl so yeah, she knows. Both Roland and Nightingale don't know that she knows though lol. I'm putting this in a spoiler tag because this is not my speculation but what actually happens in the story later.

Human and Action like this.
  17. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same way you can love more than one child.

Action likes this.
  18. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Morals and romances depends on the society really.

Lets say Given the situation, where the witches do not have any options to have children except with mc. Would Anna and Mc be considered selfish if they dont share?

Tebix and Action like this.
  19. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read your spoiler and now I really wanna read ahead ... Like whaaaaa....? I love her even more now. Anna, marry me. I'll turn les for you. Come at me, darling. Or if you are the guy version of her, hit me up

True... how did I not think of that? But idk if family love = romantic love. If it does, is the Roland harem bandwagon gonna take off?

Personally, I don't think so because I believe in autonomy overriding altruism. Yea, it's nice to be selfless, but do that after putting yourself first. Like, would I be considered selfish for dropping $100 on a nice blazer instead of donating that money to the needy? To each their own.

20. Mangochic

Mangochic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But why would it be considered selfish when they know their limits and know they won't be able to treat the other witches/unborn kids as they should be treated.
    It wouldn't be the only option as they can adopt orphans and raise them as their kids. In addition, Roland isn't amused with the whole fighting siblings for the sake of power so he wouldn't put himself in a situation where he will have multiple kids who may end up killing each other for the sake of inheriting his throne.

Flyingfrogslash and Human like this.