Discussion resident evil 4 tips and tricks

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by DollHead, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Dedrater

Dedrater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When in a cliff aim up to see ashley's pantsu

2. boop

boop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Snakes are awful, knife everything moves at a generally slow pace so you can get in a few good knife strikes whenever someone is on the ground getting up. Running around areas to scout it out is a legitimate strategy due to this.
    Abuse doors, I repeat abuse the hell out of doors and windows.
    The first handgun isn't that great and so every shot should either be to hurt them in a tight situation or to set them up for a kick because the head(knee too) shot into kick and knife them a few times is great early and is useful throughout.
    You can only use green herbs to heal so combining yellow and red is always good and yellow is if I remember the most rare so never combine it with green and use it (yellow/red/green combined raises max health).

Beating the game once opens up the game to a lot more fun with different costumes. Ashley in armor is amazing and hilarious.

3. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    a tip from the dark side. . . .
    finish the game with your own. . .
    then use gameshark. . .
    smirks*

4. noisypixy

noisypixy Sacatunn que pen, que summum que tun.

Reading List:
    Link
    1. When you feel like you'll find a boss, buy the rocket launcher.
    2. Buy the TMP. It's a nice way to save ammo (e.g. by shooting a few bullets to their feet and suplex-ing them).
    3. Don't buy the mine thrower, that shit's useless.
    4. In the island, buy a infrared scope for the rifle.
    5. If you're short on money, kill one of the merchant. You'll get back some of the money you've spent on them. Make sure he's not behind something, otherwise you won't be able to reach his corpse.
    6. In the lake, kill as many fish as you can, they'll give you ammo. You can get the drops with the boat.

5. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    need to find the infrared scope on the island else u gonna want inf launcher cuz them parasite guys annoying 2 kill w/o it as he would need 2 waste lotsa ammo 2 kill:blobpeek:

6. noisypixy

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember when I was a kid those things scared the hell out of me. The dogs too.

7. infinit3aura

infinit3aura [Infinit3 Clan] [delirious army] [meowstic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont give in to their taunts. Sure u may think that why does this tip matter, but think about it. U constantly listening to their taunts screws u over. U either start panicking or start to look for the taunter only to get spotted by a lot of enemies, etc. Keep your cool throughout the game and think about your options.

8. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    That's probably because you play smart.
    Alot of people don't kill with the knife and just use the gun... which results in a very quick loss of ammo.

9. noisypixy

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

10. keny2020j

keny2020j Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    try Red9 and upgrade it to maximum. U might able to use it till end of game

11. noisypixy

Reading List:
    Link
    B-But wasn't that thing weaker than starting pistol? I remember it used rubber bullets or something, at least on PS2.

12. ishira

ishira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Few that i still remember:
    - Always shot at the head, rush in, then kick. This is the most effective move to save your ammo, hit multiple enemies. and knock them down. If they still alive after the kick, knife them down. Except when you in the castle, shot the knee then suplex (almost 90% kill move)
    - Forget handgun type gun when you unlocked TMP. Sell all your handgun type gun to limit ammo drop to TMP. Because enemy will drop handgun ammo most time if you have a handgun type gun in your case.
    - Why TMP? Because it hold most ammo, very effective when upgrade the ammo cap when the gun ammo is empty (see tips below). And TMP deal almost same amount of damage to early handgun with faster rate of fire, thus make your life easier if you use headshot/kneeshot then kick (more ammo = more kick delivered)
    - Always upgrade your gun ammo capacity after you empty it, it will refill your ammo to the new cap.
    - Never ever fight a boss without a bazooka. The price is worth it than emptying your ammo stockpile (like using TMP or shotgun to kill a boss)
    - You may forgot bazooka for boss after you unlock Broken Butterfly with upgraded firepower (if you have magnum ammo to spare)
    - Always sell your treasure after combining them (duh)
    - Use flash grenade to kill crowding crow, cheap and it kill all of them.
    - Always use additional stock for better accuracy
    - Sell Punisher when you already destroy all blue medal (+1 firepower, fetch better price when sold) and empty the clip first before you sell it
    - Early game, save up grenade and shotgun ammo for the chainsaw man
    - If enemy are in higher ground and near a stair or a place where you can jump down, wait for them to near it before shooting them. Shooting them near such places will make them fall and dealing more damage.
    - At episode where you trapped in a house with Louis and Asley, Try to block all window first, then do knife job when enemy try to climb the window. This will make them fall and save some ammo. Also always aim for the head, try to make as much as headshot and show the creature up, wait until some creature appear, then use your flash grenade to kill them all in one move.
    - Never ever choose the left gate at first run after the house episode, there are 2 chainsaw sisters there XD
    - Always shot grenade threw by enemies as soon as possible
    - Always use Magnum or Rifle to shot at creature in the island until you unlock infrared scope (also, try to keep aiming at the body, never shot in the leg because it can squirm around XD)
    - When Asley got kidnapped by flying cockroach, you can shot down the nest by shot it 3 times using Broken Butterfly to get some eye-gem.
    - When facing crowd of enemies: Throw fire grenade, or you can use shotgun once (stagger them), switch to TMP, start headshot-kicking, knife.

Phew, so those are few of tips trick i can remember right now, with those i think you won't ever run low on ammo, because i never ran low of ammo on my play through (i even need to sell some of my ammo). I haven't play it again though, because even running on hard is too easy.
    Also, my equipment on most run:
    - Handgun
    - TMP + stock - Replace handgun when available
    - Rifle
    - Semi-auto Rifle - Replace Rifle when available
    - Shotgun
    - Striker - Replace Shotgun and the other one (i forgot the name)
    - Broken Butterfly - You get this free on castle, don't use Killer7, BB have better firepower on special upgrade
    - A Bazooka - Only when facing boss

noisypixy likes this.
  13. keny2020j

keny2020j Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has the highest damage for single bullet handgun in game. but other than it was lower compare to other. so it will depend on your skill

noisypixy likes this.
  14. DollHead

DollHead NYAH HAH NAHA

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooooooo no mine thrower cuz my friend said that without it u can't beat the kid boss

15. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Fits perfect. That's why 4 was the best.

16. DollHead

DollHead NYAH HAH NAHA

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah well I actually when i start a video game at start at the very beginning I already finished 1,2,3 and the four is just weird (PS I didn't play the spinn off between 3 and 4 I hate downloading emulators