LCD Returning from the Immortal World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shin Ah, Oct 10, 2016.

1. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's kind of realistic. There's been quite a few instances where someone related to an official or rich family in China commits a crime and it gets covered up. Only if there's enough outrage is anything ever done. And small-town America isn't much better in that regard.

All xianxia novels, not just the modern-day ones, have antagonists that act like this. It's an easy way to introduce an antagonist without a lot of depth and having us hate him immediately. It's a somewhat-overused trope, like corrupt nobles or the guy who bullies rookie adventurers in JP isekai/western fantasy novels. Doing something more original or nuanced is just too much effort to go into for many authors, especially when these antagonists are usually simple foils to show off the MC's awesomeness.

Yes.

gpn159 likes this.
  2. pothb

pothb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit... is he actually going to let the Zhang go? facepalm. If he does, no wonder he got betrayed.

3. TrueNineLives

TrueNineLives Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who’s Huang Jie

4. bob3002

Reading List:
    Link
    She's introduced in chapter 158. Teacher at Regal Classics Music Academy, hears MC play the zither.

pothb and TrueNineLives like this.
  5. pothb

pothb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I figured it out because of dialogue but man, such an obscure character for you to remember and chapter to boot!

6. bob3002

Reading List:
    Link
    Teaser helped me remember who she was, and I was able to find it from the chapter titles.

7. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope this novel doesn't turn racist. If tang xiu this 10,000 old monster hates on all japanes because of the past ill cry.

The amount of hate they showed is realistic though. Here hoping it doesnt transtorn everything from hatred, at the end all nationalities aside, countries are made of individuals.

8. bob3002

Reading List:
    Link
    It's less racist than many other novels, while still being somewhat nationalistic. The MC cares enough about China to help it become the top nation, but it's not as if he hates others just because they're foreign. But in the end nothing is more important to him than the strength of himself and his subordinates. This makes a lot of sense if you consider he's only lived on Earth for ~20 years but in the immortal world for ~10,000 years.

9. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly people who find racism annoying should read kr/jpn novels instead of CN.

what the japanese did to china during WW2 was terrible and propaganda ensures that the young are reminded every so often. not to mention that they still have friction with each other over the island and so on. not to mention that there are still people living who suffered during WW2 like my grand parents. even overgeared has mentions of the japanese and is a little bit offensive but yea

10. Shance

Reading List:
    Link
    It was done well this time though, everyone hates the japanese, but don't just think of them as mentally retarded monkeys, or lesser beings. That's the level of racism that would make me drop it like a potato.

Just hating the japanese? Having no good will and an aversion to them? Understandable from what you said of wwII, even realistic, just at least make good japanese villains if they have to be monsters.

So I like how they did it this time.

Even when mentioning the slave for 3 years thing, and about how weird japanese were, I can see that as fiction and move on.

11. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Every nation has suffered under an other nation during entire history of mankind. There are people who were even more terrible than the japanese were to the chinese. Being stuck up about it just makes it that nobody will ever progress. Of course what the chinese suffered doesn't make it less bad than it was, but still these novels take it really far. There are in novels where they kill innocent japanese and korean people just because of what the did like a century ago. Not only that but these chinese novels not only include the japanese into the racism, but every white/ black person hates the chinese people and every time have to call them chinese monkeys, just so the mc can destroy entire families and kill innocents and make it justified. Some nationalism in novels isn't bad, but these people act like everyone aside from chinese people is racist against them and only their country is the best, while being targeted a dozen times and almost killed by their fellow chinese people. It's like when a young chinese master hates the mc and tries to kill him it is only that young master and his clan fault, but when it is a foreigner, suddenlly all foreigners are bad. It gets annoying and alot of potential good novels get ruined by this nationalistic bullsht.

Shance likes this.
  12. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    u can say and think whatever you want and you obviously know nothing about what the japanese have done and you didn't live through it nor have people you care about get killed and/or disappear for no reason and still have no clue where their bodies are till today.
    if you are interested, just google the things they did and you'll be appalled too

but anyway enough of this, like i said, if you are offended by racism, you shouldn't be reading cn novels because i will say this again, people who were living during ww2 are still living today and propaganda ensures that both they and the young are reminded every so often.
    also china isn't like the US where racism is bad

edit:
    u also need to remember that alot of adults today in china have their grandparents/uncles&aunts/parents killed or went missing during WW2. you could throw a stone in a shopping mall and hit an adult who know of someone who suffered during ww. it wasn't that long ago to them

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    mrttao and MarxDarkBear like this.
  13. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Firsta
    First of all i am extremely clear about what the japanese did. To better understand the ancient novels I did research on the history of China. And I didn't say not to hate them, it is like saying to forgive the man who murdered your mother. No matter how muchi try to sugercoat it, it still happened. So eventhough i don't fully agree with the hatred, I can still understand it. And I will understand it if some of that hatred on the japanese is transfered in the novels.

But that is clearly not where that stops. It is like you guys are taking out your hatred on the entire world. There is not only racism against the japanese in these novels. There is racism against black people, white people, every nation that is not china is hated upon in these novels. These writers clearly took a stance and that is either you are chinese (if so then that is that aside from having a few conflicts with the mc) or you are not chinese (if so you are the big bad foreigner that is extremely racist against the chinese and it is up to the mc to show these people their places that is obviously below the chinese). There is no inbetween. It doesn't include the people who are friends with chinese people, people who are married with chinese people. All the nations that have chinese restaurants and chinese workers, etc. No all foreigners are bad! And this is the problem that everyone has.

The writers clearly think that china is the most superior country. Some nationalism isn't bad. But when every foreigner in the novels becomes an enemy of the chinese mc. At that point it is just plain retarded.

Xuanyu likes this.
  14. SunnySadBunny

SunnySadBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more curious about the latest chapter about his dad. I have so many questions:
    1. Will he even tell his mother
    2. Does his mom know what happened to his father
    3. Will he help his father
    4. Can he cure his father
    5. Will he forgive his father
    6. Will the Tang family intervene into his business and life
    For the first I believe he is gonna tell but not immediately, and I think she knows somethings about her husbands family, that why she keeps warning him.
    I think hes gonna save his father after he tells his mother and she convinces him to help and let go of his anger.
    As for the Tang family I believe they finding out about him will get his business some attention, its gonna be both good and bad

Any thoughts on my theories?
    Can someone explain to me in detail, his cultivation method's realms. Every time I read it it still confuses me.(edit)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  15. bob3002

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the raws, so I know the answers to your questions. Click the spoiler button if you really want to know (No details included, just yes/no)
    1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. Mostly no, surprisingly
    Also his cultivation realms are rarely explained, so I don't remember them at all. Most of the time he'll mention the new name when he levels up, then compare it to the other cultivation system in power anyways (foundation stage, golden core, nascent soul, etc.)

16. SunnySadBunny

SunnySadBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice, I really am liking this story so I can't wait for that to come.

17. Shance

Reading List:
    Link
    You are exagerating, or are reading different novels that I have.

When it appears its mostly against japanese, and that hatred is great. But saying that all novels and all chinese hate on everyone else is basically racist.

18. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh it's not a big deal too. it's probably one 1 line or maybe, a paragraph of racial slurs on the people who are trying to kill the mc in most novels. yet these people just go OMGGGG ITS RACISTTTTTTTTT !! I GIF U HALF A STAR AND MUST TELL EVERYBUTTIEEEE!! I FEEL SO OFFENDED HUFF PUFF AND BLOW YOUR HOUSE DOWN!!!

but yea, they so angry they should just stop reading cn novels

19. kestroll

kestroll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This buying construction equipment and planes is humorous, nobody does that. You would have to wait years for new equipment. If he had wanted it quickly he would rent. Also, the people are the hard part, you can't find pilots and construction workers just sitting on the saipan beaches waiting for work, it's just easier to rent someone else's and pay their pilot at the same time.

mrttao likes this.
  20. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 321: I thought by now his company would’ve been up and running. Making him lots of money...

Also I’m quite surprised his dad is rich away from what his family has.