Novel Rise of an Emperor (Chapter 8)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Alverost, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Alverost

Alverost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This will be my first attempt in writing a novel so I hope you can guys will bear with me in this long journey. Feedback are always welcome and I know the prologue is short.

Genre: Xianxia?(sort of), Fantasy(once again, sort of), Adventure, Action, Kingdom building.

Synopsis: Every boy dreams to be the hero of the prophecy, will our protagonist be the hero who will save the world? Or will he just be a fallen genius whose ambitions were too high.

Cultivation Varieties: Qi, Spirit, Body

Qi
    stages: Human Realm (Apprentice, Warrior, Master), Absorption Realm (Earth, Sea, Sky), Self-Enlightenment Realm (Divine, Origin, Heaven,)

Spirit Stages: Human Realm(Apprentice, Warrior, Master)...

Body
    Stages: Human Realm(Apprentice, Warrior, Master)...

Note: these stages will change later on as the story develops
    For all type of cultivation the body realm is the base but each the method of cultivating are different.

Beast Ranks: Basic, Intermediate, Advance, Hyper, Superior, Extreme, King, Emperor, Ancestor.

Cultivation Method Ranking: Inferior, Elementary, Human, Earth, Sky, Divine, Spirit

Pillar Elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind
    Supreme Elements: Lightning, Ice, Wood, Light, Darkness
    Origin Elements: Yang, Ying, Time, Chaos

Table of Content

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue: World of Cultivators

Every mortal dream to be a cultivator, every cultivator dream to be an immortal. Immortals never spend time dreaming, they only desire for more. Immortals can decide the fate of a nation and millions of lives with a flick of their finger. That is why they are worshiped by the puny mortals who lust for power and a never-ending lifespan.

What are cultivators? They are mortals who dream for an everlasting life as they master their body, absorb the Qi of heaven, practice the art of cultivation and comprehend martial skills to get stronger. Cultivators can be the reason why a war start if they get into a conflict with another cultivator but they can also end a conflict if they are dominating enough. Statuses of clans and sects are decided based on how strong and how many cultivators they have.

What are immortals? They can be considered as gods, who will never die to old age. That doesn’t mean they never die, the world of cultivators had existed since the beginning of humanity and there are countless individuals that were labeled as Immortals just so that they would die later on due to reaching a bottleneck and not being able to breakthrough. Even after living so long, there are individuals that still have greed and are always so prideful of their cultivation which can lead to their downfall.

Cultivators are ranked according to their cultivating stages and the stages are also categorized into different realms. After reaching the peak of the realm there will be a bottleneck and the difficulties of these bottleneck varies from people to people, some will never break through it in their entire life time while some will only take days.

In order for cultivators to get stronger they need heavenly resources, cultivating method, martial skills and most important of all they need talent. Talent means everything to a cultivator if you are talented enough every sect will want you. If you are talented, every mortal will worship you and if you are talented enough then you may even reach the apex of the world of cultivators.

Talent in the world of cultivators are measured in many different ways but there are 2 main ways. Cultivation level will always be how cultivators are judged, if a 10-year-old child can enter the stage of an apprentice he can be considered average.

The second way of measuring how talented a person is through their comprehension, a talented cultivator would be able to cultivate a complicated cultivation method or master a martial skill within days. While a Genius can further improve the skills, and can even make the skill reach the next rank. Monstrous Evildoers would be able to combine different cultivation skill and create a brand-new skill that is stronger than the original.

Talented, Genius and Monstrous Evildoers are fated to shine in the world of cultivators. However, while many geniuses will appear, but how many of them will actually reach the end? How many will become immortals? How many would live long enough to rule the world with an iron fist? The world of cultivators is shrouded by bloodshed and many geniuses will fall, flying too close to the sun and thinking they were invincible.

Just because you are talented doesn’t mean you are invincible, just because you are strong doesn’t mean you won’t be killed one day. Some people are simply just frogs in the well and every single one of them doesn’t last very long due to their arrogance.

In the world of cultivation anything is possible, there have been cultivators that have created their own empires that will last millions of years or created new plane of existence and even creating a world where they themselves are gods.

However, wherever you go in this world there you will always hear of the one rumor that known to all, one that is feared and worship by all and one that can determine the fate of nations. The rumor is the prophecy of the human race, that one day a hero would be born and not only would he be the human’s only hope against the disaster that is hiding in the darkness of the world. Every single cultivator dream to be the hero of the prophecy and every sect and clan desire to have him to lead them and help them rise to become one of the strongest.

In the continent of Azazel and the county of Fire, there lies a woman giving birth to a baby boy.

“Push, push harder I can almost see the baby”

“Whaaaa” The infant cried out

“A boy! It’s a boy”

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  3. Bro-Shield

Bro-Shield Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An emepror xD

4. Unde-kyun

Unde-kyun 【FLOATING】【Rowing a rowboat】

Reading List:
    Link
    There! We can assume that it will be generic.

5. BabaNovac

BabaNovac FUYUKAI DESU Seraglio e youkoso SchrodingerPanties

Reading List:
    Link
    i think that you have read many stories so i expect to see something different from the norm.The story seems interesting enough ! Good luck and don't give up!!!

6. Vex

Vex Eat-Sleep-Repeat

Reading List:
    Link
    Well first just correct the Emepror. it's Emperor.Umm...secondly put the chapters in spoilers. Lengthy threads are a headache to navigate.
    And finally...all the best

7. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    you need Harem to make it awesome (y)

8. Vex

Vex Eat-Sleep-Repeat

Reading List:
    Link
    With elves...XD

9. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    You know it ................................

10. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember this is from the prologue and the story can get better with your feedbacks.

11. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    oops... that was embarrassing, not a good start at all, thank you for the advice.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Vex likes this.
  12. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that add pressure :D. I'll try my best!

BabaNovac likes this.
  13. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha I'll see how the story develops.
    Elves ... huh i didn't consider using that race but I think I'll try to add different humanoid race into the story now thank you very much!

Vex likes this.
  14. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1: First step

The county of Fire. A county located north of the continent of Azazel, boarded by the county of water and wind. Controlled by a single clan famously known as the Crimson clan. While the county of water is ruled by the Aqua clan and the Ventus clan lead the county of wind.

As the morning sun rose in the county of fire, incredible heat could be felt in every corner of the fire county. Even in the county of Wind can feel the scorching heat. Below the county, there is a rumored lava flow that has been said to contain a Spirit Fire that is the source of the heat. However, no one knows if the rumor is true or not because no one has been able to withstand the heat as it become stronger as you descend.

Spirit Fire is an Elemental Soul that can only be born from nature something that is blessed by the heavens. Every single Elemental Soul will possess a conscious and a playful personality making them hard to find and hard to capture. However, if someone do manage to capture one of the Elemental Soul it has been said that they will experience either great boost in their cultivation or they will explode due to the Crystallised World Qi that the Elemental Soul possess.

Normal cultivators can’t absorb Crystallised World Qi unless they have at least reached the Earth stage when they have mastered their body and the Dantian has been awaken and will begin to absorb the Qi of the Earth. Even when reaching the Earth stage very few will try to absorb an Elemental Soul. Therefore, even though there is a chance that an Elemental Soul which is a heavenly power may be under the county it has not lead the county to a disaster by the greed of cultivators because people fear it.

The Crimson Clan has controlled the county of Fire for so long that no one can remember how old the clan actually is. The current clan leader is to be said at the Earth stage, which is enough to rule the County of Fire without any resistance from other clans that reside in the county.

An old man that appeared to be around his 60s and a young boy can be seen in the courtyard of the Crimson Clan. The boy possesses the characteristic of the Crimson Clan which are red hair and matching red eyes. If you look carefully the boy had an innocent and naive aura while the old man with a big scar covering his right eye emitting a solemn aura.

“Ignis, before we start our lesson tell me what you’ve learnt so far” The elder said.

“There are 3 realms in cultivating; Human realm, Absorption realm and the mighty Self-Enlightenment realm. In the Human realm, a cultivator trains their bone and muscle and to reach the very peak of the realm they must be able master the body and know every single inch of the body. Some Human realm master that can completely change how they look and some train their body to resist many poisons because they fear of dying. As for the other 2 realms, I have no idea.” The boy carefully said.

“Hmph, you will know of it when you need to, continue” The elder responded.

“We, the Crimson clan possess the bloodline of the chaos dragon and we have the highest affinity with fire elements and darkness. However, the chance of a person with the darkness affinity is quite rare because it’s is one of the supreme elements so typically most of our clansman has a fire affinity.”

“What else?”.

“Eh? uhmmm” The boy confusedly responded.

“Boy, listen to me carefully I will only repeat this one more time.” The elder sternly said.

The 6-year-old boy responded with a nod
    “In a battle between cultivators, there will be many unexpected factors so you must never underestimate your opponent, they may have backers that are far stronger than you might expect. A lot of cultivators die because they are frogs in a well and offend crouching tigers and hidden dragons. Never be arrogant or it might be the cause of your death and even the Crimson clan won’t be able to avenge you if your murderer is strong enough.” The elder said coldly.

“Now follow me, yesterday you turned 6 years old so now you can start cultivating and participate in the morning training session. First up we must check for your element affinity and then we will decide on your cultivation method.” The elder then started walking toward a heavily guarded area where there is an another old man sitting in front it.

The old man has an aloof air and he look like he was sleeping.

“Hmph! Reigs, wake up!” The elder snorted and said coldly toward the man in front of the heavy doors. He then slammed the table which woke up the old man.

“Aurelius what did I say about disturbing me when I’m meditating” Reigs was furious and shouted at the old man.

“Hah, if you do meditate then I wouldn’t disturb you now would I? Ignis, this is Reigs he is in charge of security of the library behind him. In the library there are 5 levels but you will only have access to the first level. However, we are here because not only does Reigs protects the library he is one of the few people who has an origin crystal that can test your element affinity.” Aurelius introduce the old man Reigs to Ignis who was curiously looking at the old man.

“Haha, so it’s Zephyrus’s son huh. Hmm, boy you don’t look like your father at all. Instead you have your mother features.” Reigs laughed.

“Enough talking! Reigs test this boy’s affinity now.” Aurelius looked coldly at Reigs.

“Hmph, hurrying me it’s not going to change anything, so take your time old man.” Reigs snorted.

“Okay boy place your hand on this crystal” Reigs then produced a crystal out of nowhere.

Ignis followed the instructions and once his hand was on the crystal, a bright red light shined out of the crystal followed by a dark aura that suddenly covered a small part of the crystal.

Aurelius expression change very quickly showing different emotions ranging from shock, happiness, curiosity and lastly wariness. After taking a deep breath, he calmed down and gazed carefully at Ignis and then looked at Reigs.

“Reigs” Aurelius solemnly said.

“Hmph, I know what to do” Reigs snorted and then the crystal in his hand disintegrated.

The eyes of Ignis displayed his confusion but he didn’t say anything since he could sense the mood of both Reigs and Aurelius.
    “Ignis, you have fire affinity like all the rest of us and unlike your father you didn’t inherit his lightning affinity. Don’t be sad, you should be happy because majority of our cultivation method belongs to the fire element.” Aurelius informed Ignis of his affinity and consoled him.

Ignis nodded without understanding what Aurelius meant.

“Ignis follow me, remember you can only look at cultivation method on the first floor” Reigs waves his hand gesturing Ignis to follow him and then open the heavy steel door behind him.

Ignis followed behind without saying a word and entered the dimly lit corridor.

The corridor had eerie atmosphere while there is no one except Ignis and Reigs. Ignis could feel people watching his every movement and action.

“Reigs, is there someone else here in this room?” Ignis said nervously.

Reigs was shocked momentarily but he quickly recovered without letting Ignis notice his expression.

“Haha, boy who else could be there. Don’t be a coward, you are the 2nd son of the clan leader you must be brave because you will be a cultivator. Never show you fear or else you would lose not only your face but also the face of the Crimson clan.” Reigs heartedly laugh.

They continue walking through the corridor until they finally reached the room filled with shelves of books.

“Ignis this is an important step, choose your cultivation carefully. Remember don’t aim too high when you have chosen your cultivation method go back the way you came from.

Ignis bowed as Reigs left the room.

“You guys can come out now”

Suddenly 2 shadow appeared out of nowhere

“That boy, he felt our presence. How is that possible?” One of the shadow commented

“He has a bright future ahead of him” The other shadow praised Ignis and send another gaze at the direction of Ignis.

“Hmph, don’t give him that idea. We all know, no matter how talented a cultivator is there is always someone stronger and arrogance can ruin a genius cultivator.” Aurelius suddenly appeared in front of the 2 shadow and Reigs.

They all nodded seemingly agreeing with Aurelius.

Thank you for the feedback so far please do continue to give me more feedback. Also it would be amazing if you guys can suggest some name because as you can see I'm terrible with names.

Edit:
    Changes were made, Elemental Soul contain Crystallised Qi rather than just normal Qi.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  15. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2: Inheriting a Legacy
    Within a dimly lit room there stood a young boy with a frown on his face looking through various books in a shelve.

“Even though grandfather Aurelius and elder Reigs told me that I should be careful in choosing my first cultivation method. I don’t know which one suit me the best.” Ignis sighed.

“Burning Sun, inferior middle rank cultivation method. Requires the cultivator absorb the sun rays to strengthen the body.”

“Infernal Body, inferior middle rank. The cultivator has to enter an area with massive fire Qi and absorb the Qi from the outside and transfer it throughout the body.

“Rising Spirit, inferior upper rank. The first step a cultivator has to take is mastering the body however you must at the same time train your spirit so that when you reach peak of Human realm you can enter the absorption realm.”

After spending a long time reading all the books in the shelve, Ignis put back the book he just read.

“So many cultivation methods, Infernal body is the most common choice in county of Fire because of the high amount of fire Qi making it a very suitable choice. It is a well-known fact that if you are able to cultivate Rising Spirit then you achieve the absorption realm. But so many people have tried, only few can truly cultivate Rising Spirit due to its difficulty.” Ignis sighed.

Ignis then decided to sit down to think about the different cultivation method and was wondering which one was the most suitable for him.
    Suddenly an object caught Ignis’s attention it was a small book that on the ground next to him.

“Where did this come from” Ignis wondered as he picked up the book and removed the dust that it was covered in.

“Solar Eclipse, no ranking? That’s strange even the most uncommon cultivation method in the library has a ranking how come this one doesn’t.” Ignis even became more confused as he continues to read the unranked cultivation method.

“While other cultivation method is split up into many stages this one only has 1 stage, Chaotic Origin. The cultivator absorbs the energy from the fire and darkness Qi. Using that Qi rather than just moving it through-out the body, the practitioner must concentrate all the Qi into the right hand but by doing so create immense pain for the practitioner. However, if a practitioner successfully complete Chaotic Origin a punch released by the cultivator would not only contain the power of 20 bulls but will also contain the burning heat of fire.” Ignis swallowed his saliva as he read the description.

“Not just Fire qi but also darkness, one of the supreme elements.” Although Ignis seem like a clueless boy however he was quite clever. He also knew the fact that he didn’t just possess fire affinity due to the reaction of the Origin crystal and the expression of Aurelius and Reigs.

“I am Ignis, a cultivator of the Crimson Clan, son of the famous Zephyrus. I must be strong so that, father will be proud of me. Even though this cultivation method will cause me pain, I must become strong. In the cultivation world only the strong will thrive while weak cultivators will be devoured. This is what grandpa Aurelius told me.” Ignis looked resolute as he firmly holds the book of Solar Eclipse.

Ignis then glance around the room to find the exit in the dimly light room. Even though he is a young boy who has not taken a step into cultivation yet, he had extraordinary senses which allowed him to sense people watching him before. With his senses he found the exit easily in the dark and started to walk towards it.

As Ignis left the room, a laughter can be heard and a shadow suddenly left the room in a different direction that Ignis went.

Outside of library there stood Aurelius and Reigs waiting for Ignis to come out.

“Aurelius what do you think the boy will choose? I think he will choose the rising spirit, even though he doesn’t look like his father their eyes are almost identical. His crimson eyes have a burning fire that very few people have.” Reigs said as he looks at the heavy door.

“Rising spirit is good but it is also very hard to cultivate, Sun Rise would be a better choice. Even though many people look down on the cultivation because they think it’s an inferior version of Burning Sun. What they don’t know is that it is the origin of Burning Sun and has secret truths that normal people simply can’t understand.” Aurelius think carefully before answering.

Then suddenly the heavy door started to open and a young boy walked out of the room, it was Ignis. As he left the room, he looked back and see the doors automatically close. Even though he was resolute in choosing Solar Eclipse he still has doubts in his choice. Aurelius and Reigs both being experience martial artist, noticed what he was thinking and both became curious of his choice.

“So boy, what cultivation choose?” Reigs laughed as he asked.

Ignis, then lifted his right hand which was holding the book and then gave it to Aurelius to look at.

When both Reigs and Aurelius took a glance at the book they were both shocked and this time they couldn’t hide their expression. Ignis too felt surprise when he notices their expression and he became even more curious about the origin of this cultivation method.

“Ignis, where did you find this book?” Aurelius then looked at Ignis and asked in a hurry. Even Reigs didn’t have a smile on his face this time.

“After I finish reading all the cultivation method on the 1st floor that was suited for me. I decided to sit down and there it was next to me. I wonder why I didn’t notice it before.” Ignis carefully explain as he sees how Aurelius was so nervous. Which was a first for Ignis because Aurelius is usually very calm and stern.

Aurelius and Reigs then look at the book for one more time, then they look at each other. Aurelius then gave the book back to Ignis but he didn’t say anything and looked like he was in a deep thought.

“Ignis, that cultivation method you have chosen is a very rare cultivation method that disappear ages ago. Currently in the clan, no one has cultivated this method, the last time someone successfully cultivated this method. It was thousands of years ago, his name was Zaphkiel, he was a genius he got to the Human realm at the age of 5, the absorption realm by the age of 10 and the self-enlightenment realm by the age of 20. Not only did he possess this cultivation method but he also not only has fire affinity but also the supreme element darkness element.” Aurelius carefully explained the history of the cultivation method to Ignis while doing so he had a solemn look and the contrasting excitement on his face.

Ignis carefully listened to Aurelius and has a fascinated expression while Reigs quietly listen to Aurelius he looked at Ignis.

“Ignis, I know you are a bright boy so you must also know that you not only possess the fire affinity but also the darkness affinity. Similar to Zaphkiel, so you do possess the requirement to practice this cultivation method.” Reigs also carefully said to Ignis to make the boy understand his circumstances.

“However, this cultivation method is extremely hard. Zaphkiel was the only one who successfully cultivated this method but he wasn’t the only one who possess the requirement to cultivate this method. There have been many people who has fire and darkness affinity but they failed and the result of failing in cultivating this cultivation method was death. There have been many talented clans man that failed in cultivating this method so when the cultivation method disappear many people were happy at first so that it would stop ambitious arrogant clans man from dying. However now it has reappeared in your hand.” Aurelius interrupted Reigs and began to tell Aurelius the danger of the cultivation method trying to scare Ignis from cultivating it.

However, it seemed like even though Aurelius was scared initially he was still firm and wanted to cultivate this method. Which caused Aurelius to have a long sigh and then look carefully at his grandson, thinking how mature he is for someone so young.

“Since you are so adamant about cultivating this cultivation method, I will not stop you but I want you to be careful” As Aurelius said these word, Reigs look shocked once again and then suddenly look at Aurelius.

“Aurelius…” Aurelius interrupted Reigs before he could finish with his hand.

“Let him do it, I can’t possibly stop him if he is fated to cultivate this method. Ignis follow me” Aurelius solemnly said as he slowly walks away from the heavy doors.

As Aurelius walk away as the sun set, it created a sorrowful atmosphere. “That old man must be the one who gave this cultivation method to Ignis” a thought appeared in Aurelius mind.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  16. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry that i released this chapter a bit late. Its because I've been quite busy with school work and home work.

17. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3: Uncle Reynold

The sun has just set in the county of fire. The temperature of the county dramatically dropped creating a freezing environment. While its known as the county of fire, it also has the name of Twin Ice and Fire. This is due to the temperature being scorching hot in the day and the freezing cold in the night. That isn’t the only reason, the Fire Qi in the county completely disappear and an immense amount of Ice Qi appears as its replacement.

Due to this sudden change, not many cultivators in the county of fire, cultivate Qi in the night instead they meditate to try to understand the truths, laws and secrets of the world. However, this doesn’t apply to established clans where they possess Fire Crystals. These are rare stones that are created when there are high amount of Fire Qi and these crystals naturally form within this environment.

Fire Crystals are part of the Elemental Crystals and are categorised in the basic crystals due to the fire element being a pillar element. Never less even the basic crystals aren’t something ordinary family can get their hands on. These crystals contain Qi in one of the purest form however they will still contain impurities. These crystals can save a cultivator a lot of time for body and Qi cultivators but isn’t very useful for spirit cultivators.

Due to the 2 different cultivating environment that the county of fire has. While there are a lot of fire affinity cultivators in the area but there are ice affinity cultivators. However, Ice is a supreme elements and very little number of people will have them so the amount of Ice cultivators is very low but they are all powerhouses and people who can’t be offended. If they do, then the red moon will appear and it will rain blood in the county.

With the freezing temperature, majority of the Crimson clansman are in the house for a few exceptions.

“Grandfather, why are we outside after the sun has set. I thought you thought you told me not to stay outside when the Ice Qi arrives.” Ignis shivered as he asked Aurelius.

Aurelius glanced at Ignis, before the sadness within him slowly disappear and is replaced with warmth. He let out a small laugh and smiled.

“Child, we are going to meet someone who can help you in your cultivation. The reason why we are out here so late being because that lunatic only comes out this late.” Aurelius responded to Ignis in a caring tone and continued walking.

“Lunatic? Oh are we going to meet uncle Reynold?” Upon the realisation on the purpose of them being out so late. Ignis facial expression exchanged from exhausted to fascination.

“I heard that uncle Reynold is quite an eccentric person and that he sleeps all day. Are the rumours true?” Ignis asked Aurelius with a curious expression.

“Hmm, the rumours are true however the reason he sleeps all day isn’t because he is lazy but it’s because of an entirely different reason.” Aurelius responded.

Ignis then continued to ask Aurelius question about Reynold and Aurelius calmly responded to the questions.

After walking a long time, Aurelius then stopped in front of a small house in the outskirt of the Crimson clan.

The house looked very worn out, it was due to the fact that no one has even attempt to clean it for a long time. It was a simple house with normal decoration and furniture that all Crimson clan have. Except for the fact that dust have covered everything outside and inside the house.

“That boy, he is so concentrated on his cultivation that he always ignores these things.” Aurelius sighed.

“Ignis, let’s go in and remember if you we see him meditation don’t disturb him.” Aurelius said to Ignis

Ignis nodded and followed Aurelius into the worn out house.

Once inside the house, Ignis found a man meditating. After a few seconds, Ignis also discovered that the room temperature was very low and this was due to the concentrated Ice Qi in the room.

“Uncle Reynold, he is an Ice cultivator? Aren’t Ice cultivator extremely rare, how is it possible for an Ice cultivator to appear in our clan who are known for our Fire cultivation?” Ignis was extremely shocked and asked multiple question in a small voice, afraid that he might disturbed Reynold’s cultivation.

Aurelius let out a small laugh and then said “Yes, an ice cultivator is extremely rare and even harder to find in out Clan’s lineage however Reynold’s mother, my sister-in law was also an Ice cultivator and he inherited it from her. It’s not impossible for other affinity to appear in our clan, you father is an example.”

Aurelius then stopped talking and looked at Reynold waiting for him to finish his cultivation.

As if Reynold knew Aurelius’ intention, he stopped cultivation and stood up. “Uncle Aurelius, what are you here for?” Reynold seemed confused and questioned Aurelius.

“I’m here to introduce your nephew to you” Aurelius then took a step to the side and showed Ignis who was behind him.

Ignis bowed to Reynold.

“Nephew? Cousin Zephyrus had a son? How come no one mentioned this to me.” Reynold became even more confuse.

“Hmph, you? You are always in closed cultivation and refuse to come out how could anyone tell you?” Aurelius in a scolding tone.

“Hehe, so it is my fault. I have a nephew now huh?” Reynold looked at Ignis with curiosity and warmth.

Ignis seemed to be at a lost because his uncle seemed nothing like he had thought.

This is due to typical Ice cultivator to be quiet cold to other people.

“Anyways, uncle you have introduce my nephew to me but I doubt that’s the only reason why you are here.” Reynold once again questioned why Aurelius is here.

“Of course that isn’t the only reason why I’m here. Ignis, here he possesses…” Aurelius was saying.

“He possess the lightning affinity same as his father?” Reynold interrupted Aurelius.

“No! Let me finish, you don’t have any manners at all do you” Aurelius berated Reynold.

Reynold embarrassedly laughed.

“He possess the fire affinity and the darkness affinity.” Aurelius finally finished what he was saying before.

Reynold expression suddenly changed from embarrassed into shock and then into happiness. Reynold then let out a laughed. “So a cultivator of fire and darkness affinity has once again appeared into our clan. This is great news, what cultivation method did he chose? Shadow Embrace? Chaotic Ruler? Darkness Supreme?” Reynold questioned Aurelius.

“He got the Solar eclipse.” Aurelius calmly responded.

Reynold expression suddenly changed and was extremely shocked by this new information. “No! How could this be. You can’t possible let him cultivate that method.”

Aurelius shook his head in response to Reynold questions. “It has never been my decision when it’s comes to Ignis’s cultivation. For him to even find this book must be by the work of those ancestors who are hidden in the library.”

Reynold frowned upon hearing Aurelius’ words, clearly dissatisfied. “Sigh, so what is it that I can do to help Ignis? Since you obviously came here for my help” Aurelius sighed.

“I need you to bring Ignis to the city of Earnest when Ignis reach the age of 9 however that isn’t the main reason for why I’m here today. Once a week I need you to bring Ignis to the Ivern forest to help him get use to the environment of the forest and hunt demonic beast.” Aurelius explained

“Is that it? But I must ask why me?” Reynold was baffled

“Besides you who else can I ask? Everyone except you are busy and all you do in the day is sleep so you are the best choice to train Ignis” Aurelius sternly said.

“Okay that’s enough talk, Ignis we should leave now” Aurelius said and gesture Ignis to follow him.

Ignis nodded and then bowed towards Reynold and followed Aurelius.

“Nephew huh, Iris I have a nephew now. Iris, where did you go.” Reynold solemnly looked at the departure of Ignis and Aurelius.

Reynold and Ignis was now walking towards their own residence.

“Boy, besides the reason I told Reynold, there are other factors that made him a suitable to be your teacher. He is the one who knows the forest the most in our clan even better than our hunters, so he will be able to teach you a lot of things” Aurelius revealed to Ignis, his reasons.

However, Aurelius also thought to himself. “I hope, not only Reynold can help you but you can help him with his problems. Sigh, Reynold has not been able to advance and has been stuck at the Sea Realm all these time. Iris, I shouldn’t have you agree for you stay with him that time.

New Info: Elemental Crystal, Body and Spirit Cultivators, Demonic Beasts

Note: Changed Body Realm => Human Realm

18. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4: Destined Partners

The difference between a normal animal and a Demonic Beast is that Demonic Beast have absorbed World Qi and change them to Demonic Qi in doing so have formed a Dantian in their body. Demonic Beast body are a lot stronger and Advance Rank Demonic beasts will have developed a special skill called Demonic Skills.

In the wild, the strong will eat the weak so typically only the strong beast will survive and their natural instinct get stronger so that they can survive. These beasts experience danger the moment they are born so they heavily rely on their instinct and this has been honed for generations and generations making many a Demonic Beast have keen senses and an ability to sense danger.

These beasts lived in a world of blood since the first day they were born in this world and when compared to humans, these creatures can be considered superior than humans. If compared, an Advance Rank Demonic beast would be stronger than a human realm apprentice cultivator.

The ranks of the demonic beast are of the following; Basic, Intermediate, Advance, Hyper, Superior, Extreme, King, Emperor, Ancestor.

Similar to human cultivators, demonic beast also has bottle necks at Intermediate and Extreme. It could be said that Ancestor is another bottle neck but no demonic beast known to man has been able to break through that stage. These bottle necks are even more difficult comparing to human’s cultivation but while its more challenging once broken through grants these beast unbelievable powers. It is said that while Advance rank beast are comparable to Human Realm Master stage, a Hyper rank beast are comparable to Sea Realm cultivators.

While Demonic Beast are considered as animals of the forest and nature. There are Spirit beast who are companions of humans. There are wild Spirit Beast and raised spirit beast, wild spirit beasts are demonic beast who have been captured, tamed or mastered by cultivators. The demonic beast is then to go through a spirit ceremony to change them from Demonic Qi beast to Spirit Qi beast. Raised spirit beasts are beast that have been hatched from spirit eggs and have been raised from birth.

Wild Spirit beast are known to be more powerful and ferocious but raised spirit beast tend to have more loyalty to their masters. Similar to Human cultivators, Spirit and Demonic beast have their affinity to certain elements, these elements correspond to their race. Storm Wolfs have wind affinity while the Chaos dragons have fire and darkness affinity.

Sometimes there may be mutation and these may lead to even more races. An example of this are the infamous blood dragon, they originated from the Fire Drakes however there was a mutation and a new dragon was born. The dragon didn’t have affinity to fire but actually has affinity blood, this race gets stronger as the more blood it baths in. Every year there are more beast race that are discovered and some of these are insignificant mutations while others can change the situation of a whole nation.

In the courtyard of the Crimson clan, there is an old man cultivating the Fire Qi around him. The speed of the absorption was not fast or slow, it was a steady pace. Once the Qi enter the body, it flows through the spiritual vein, some of the qi will be absorbed into the muscle and the bones. For people who have reached the absorption realm, the energy will be directed to the Dantian of the cultivator instead.

The biggest difference between a Master stage and an Earth stage cultivator is the Dantian. This difference may seem little but one Earth stage cultivator can face against hundreds of Master stage cultivators. Having a Dantian can mean worlds of difference, this is because energy stored in a Dantian can be used to perform martial skill. The Dantian allows cultivator to use Qi in their execution of martial skills and this can bring out destructive result.

The Qi stored in the Dantian also can be used to improve the healing rate of a cultivator. Not only can it increase the healing rate but depending on the cultivator the Qi may have its own characteristics. Cultivators with fire affinity would have explosive power and incredible heat while cultivators with earth affinity would have unwavering defense.

The Dantian has unlimited usage depending on the cultivators but it also the difference between a mortal with a strong body and a real cultivator. Body realm cultivators are still considered as mortals and once someone step into the absorption realm would they be truly recognised as a cultivator.

The old man that was cultivating in the courtyard, has a white beard matching with his white hair. He wore a set dragon pattern clothes and he had a calm atmosphere around him. As he was cultivating the door to his courtyard slowly opened and revealed a young boy wearing crimson coloured clothing matching with his hair and eyes.

The boy saw the old man and waited for the old man to say something first.

“Ignis, you have come” the old man suddenly said as he stopped cultivating and stood up.

Before Ignis even said anything, the old man said “I know. You are wondering why I asked you to come here.” The old man then began walking towards the entrance of his courtyard. “Follow me” he said to Ignis. The old man turned out to be Aurelius.

Ignis then ran up to Aurelius and walked by his side. This was a privilege that only a grandson of Aurelius has, if it was any other cultivator they must walked behind him to show their respect. Unless it was someone stronger than Aurelius then it would be Aurelius that would be walking behind.

Aurelius and Ignis then exited the Crimson clan and was currently on a busy street with many people walking and some people have shops where they were trading and selling items. “Today I’ve decided to show you around our county. This is so that you know where to go for specific reasons and know which place you should avoid.

The first place we are going to visit is the Agora Market. In this market all the locals or visiting merchants and travellers will set up stalls so that they can trade items.

When doing business in the Agora market you have to be careful and be observant. Sometimes there are rare heaven defying treasure that will appear but sometimes there will be also be fake items.” Aurelius explained to Ignis, he also told Ignis of small but significant places as they go pass them.

“Heaven-defying treasures?” Ignis repeated what Aurelius said and gulped his saliva as he said the words.

Aurelius laughed at his grandson response. “Yes, heaven-defying treasures however the chances are very low and you must be able to recognise the different items that will appear or else you would only be scam. While having strength is important, intelligence is not any less important. Do you understand?”

Ignis nodded at his grandfather question. What Aurelius said might be common sense but for a naive child, like Ignis who only dreamt of cultivation it was like a new door open in his mind. It was as if a new road was starting to be build alongside Ignis’ road to cultivation.

Agora Market is one of the most popular place in the county of fire due to gathering of rare resources and treasures. It is located in the north part of the county and the only reason it’s not located at the centre is because that is where the Crimson Clan is located.

“We’ve arrived. Boy look closely this is the Agora market, let’s go in now.” Aurelius didn’t wait at all and immediately went in.

Ignis did not mind at all and was actually happy that his grandfather didn’t say much. He then followed Aurelius in, as he went into the market he was stunned on how many stalls there were and how noisy it was.

Everyone in the stalls were shouting out their merchandise trying attract cultivators. There were stalls that were packed with people and stalls with no people at all.

“Ignis, since today is your first day here. If you find an item, you like I would buy it for you.” Even though Aurelius said that he was willing to buy multiple things for his grandson.

Ignis eyes light up as he heard Aurelius’ word and he rushed in and to look for a treasure. However, before he got any far he spotted few eggs on a stall. Behind the stall there was a person that wore a mask and cloak hiding his face and body.

Ignis rushed to the stall with Aurelius following behind him. Aurelius was too intrigued about the eggs on the stalls.

As they arrived the stall, Ignis was curious about the eggs while Aurelius was actually shocked.

“These eggs. Are they Spirit Eggs?”

The mysterious man behind the eggs let out a laughed and said “Yes, they are spirit eggs.”

Aurelius then frowned and then looked at Ignis’s happy expression. He sighed and then said “Okay, Ignis remember what I’ve said before I can only buy you one thing in this market choose carefully what you want.” Deep down he thought, “Usually Spirit Eggs are sold by the Celestial Hall, so buying a spirit egg that isn’t from Celestial Hall is quite risky. However, I can’t see this cultivator’s cultivation realm and the fact no one else notice this stall meant that he has put down a formation. Even I didn’t notice this place until Ignis saw it.”

On the stall there contained 9 eggs, all of them were unique and had different patterns and aura. However, when Ignis saw the eggs there was only one that was in his vision the whole time. It was a red egg however it had a holy aura surrounding it.

Once the man noticed Ignis expression and how he only had sight on the red egg and seemed like he was drawn into it. The man let out a laugh. Today was the last day I was going to stay in this town and this is your first time here in this market. I’m someone who believe in destiny so meeting you here could be part of destiny. I’ve decided to give you this egg”

Ignis was shocked and then became very happy and excited. While Aurelius was just thoroughly shocked. This is because while spirit eggs aren’t rare they are still extremely expensive. This is especially true for these spirit eggs that Aurelius himself can’t even recognise. The action of the man, made Aurelius extremely suspicious of him. However, he took no action because this was beneficial for Ignis.

Ignis then looked at Aurelius for his approval and Aurelius nodded showing his consent.

Seeing how Ignis was still being obedient to his grandfather while being excited made the man laughed again.

The man then gave the egg to Ignis to hold. Upon the first contact with the egg made Ignis felt a certain connection with the egg. It was a first time for Ignis to feel this way.

Ignis was very thrilled holding the egg in his hand and then the egg started shaking and cracks appeared on the egg. Once again Ignis was baffled and didn’t really understand what was happening while Aurelius too was shock but this was because he knew what was happening.

The eggs shell fell down revealing a furry creature in the eggs. The creature had small white wings on its back and exhibited a holy aura. Its eyes were closed, the creature was a lion with white wings and the body of the creature was of a red colour.

“It hatched! Grandfather it hatched!” Ignis said to Aurelius

“Yes, it indeed hatched. However, the question is what creature is it.” Aurelius was curious of the race of the spirit beast.

He then looked away from the beast and then look up to ask the man however he was surprise to find that the man disappeared with the other eggs.

“Huh, where did the old man go?” Ignis was confused at the man’s disappearance and was looking around to find him.

Aurelius decided not to look for the man because he knew that since he didn’t even know when the man left then it meant that the man cultivation was a lot higher than his own cultivation. “Ignis, he already left you don’t need to look for him anymore.”

“Okay…” Ignis was disappointed that he couldn’t say thank you to the mysterious man but he was happy once again when he saw the sleeping creature in his hand.

“Ignis, what do you want to do now?” Aurelius asked Ignis

Ignis then went quiet and thought carefully before saying “Grandfather, I know that it took a while to get here but is it possible to go home now? I want to bring Solace home.”

Aurelius let out a smile “Haha, of course it’s possible the idea of bringing you here was so that you can experience it. Hmm, Solace huh? So that’s the name you have decided to give to your new companion. It’s a good name fitting for such a spirit beast but Ignis, you have to remember this carefully. You are his master and it is you how much take care of raising it, not only is Solace your pet but also your companion you must treat him well.”

Ignis nodded at Aurelius’ teaching.

Aurelius and Ignis then walked out of the Agora market and headed home as the sun was setting creating a serene atmosphere.

Aurelius and Ignis arrived back at the Aurelius’ courtyard when the sun has already set. The temperature was once again freezing cold due to the emergent of Ice Qi.

Ignis was having deep thoughts as his face had a face was expressionless which was unusual for a cheerful boy like Ignis.

“Grandfather may I ask you a question?” Ignis asked Aurelius

“Go ahead, ask this old man any question.” Aurelius responded to Ignis. As he was an observant person he knew that his grandson was thinking of something serious.

“Grandfather, I’m grateful for Solace. Yesterday, you have introduced me to uncle Reynold and today you showed me around the county of fire and gave me my first spirit beast. At the same time, why you have not given me time to cultivate?” Ignis questioned his Aurelius

Aurelius expression changed and frowned. Aurelius then sighed and looked Ignis then looked away. “I said I won’t stop you in cultivating that method however you are still my grandson and I wanted to delay you cultivating because as I’ve said before it is dangerous. In the end I can’t stop you, I can only offer help and watch you grow.” Aurelius solemnly said.

“Tomorrow you don’t have to visit this old man anymore, you can start cultivating.” Aurelius managed to squeeze out these words but it also hurt him since he was sending one of his grandson on a treacherous path that would be stained with blood and be full of violence.

“Thank you, grandfather. I won’t disappoint you.” Ignis then bowed toward Aurelius and while carrying his spirit beast he left the courtyard.

With Ignis gone, there was only Aurelius left in the courtyard. Suddenly someone entered Aurelius’ courtyard. “Dear, I’m back from my small trip.”

“Oh, welcome back. How was the trip?” Aurelius replied without even turning his face toward the person.

“Hmph, you won’t even look at your wife who just came back.” Replied the mysterious person. It turned out to be Alyssa, Aurelius wife.

“Ignis, he will start to cultivate tomorrow” Aurelius then said.

Alyssa then quieted down and then said “The moment he was born he was destined to do something great. On that day there was a solar eclipse, the moon covered the sun, the darkness encompassed the source of light. Those old man in the shadow probably started planning since then.”

Aurelius then sighed and said the words “I know”. He paused for a while the continue “How was the result of your journey to county of Earth?”

Once Alyssa hear Aurelius question a smiled appear on her face and she then said “I found this during my journey.”

Suddenly an orb appeared in Alyssa’s hand.

Aurelius sense a source of energy suddenly appearing and turned around to look what Alyssa was holding.

“You found it?” Aurelius was surprised as he saw the item in Alyssa’s hand.

“Yes, I was fortunate to find it in the county of Earth.”

Aurelius then let out a hearty laugh. “It seem like the plan will have to start soon.”

Aurelius and Alyssa then went into their house.

19. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    If you spot any mistake, please do tell me.

20. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5 is finally out after months, I'm terrible sorry about it. This is because I was not in the mood to write due to my grades/school life. However recently I just got my re-sit result and it turned out to be good enough for me to worry-free for a while. I was also lacking time due to my school life and now that I have time, I'll begin to write at a more steady pace. If you spot any mistake or have any idea to how I can improve please do leave a comment.
    Chapter 5: Understanding Oneself

Alone in a house was a boy because his parent wasn’t home and was away. He sat in the center of the room with a book beside him and a spirit beast on his lap.

The boy is Ignis who has a frowning expression on his face. Ignis sat alone in the tranquil house with Solace on his lap, who was sleeping comfortably. Even though Ignis is only at the age of 6, he is still part of the Crimson clan, a force that is in control of the Twin Ice and Fire city. From birth he has been raised to be a calm and mature by his clan even though sometime he act his age. While he is alone in his room, he wasn’t sad because his parents aren’t around, he is depressed because he felt that he has wronged his grandfather.

Even though he is dejected, he doesn’t regret in doing what he did because like all the youths, he desires to become strong. Because in this world being strong means that they control world as they like and have anything they desire and not following the orders of others.

In order to be strong, he would need to take his first step into cultivation. Which for him is by cultivating the mysterious yet dangerous cultivation method which only one of his ancestor has succeeded. It could be said that while Aurelius is saddened by Ignis’s choice, it could be even be said that it was his teaching that let Ignis to have enough courage to choose and cultivate such a method.

He calmed his heart and steadied his breathing, then he placed the sleeping Solace from his lap to his side and began to read the ancient cultivation method. After spending an hour or so on reading, he then put the book down.

“Just like the description said before, I need to absorb the Fire and Darkness Qi form the air and into my right hand. However first up I must be able to sense the Qi.” Ignis sighed.

The Qi mentioned is simply the World Qi that exist everywhere in the world, Cultivator can only absorb the Qi into their Dantian once they enter the Absorption Realm. Before that, they can only draw in the Qi in the air into their body to train and nourish it.

Every mortal dream to be a cultivator who can defy the heaven however there are requirements that must be met first before they can even take a step into the cultivation world. One of this requirement is to be able to sense the World Qi and its mystery through their mental energy. Despite Ignis having a Fire and Darkness affinity this doesn’t mean that he can sense the Qi. Instead, this just mean it improve the chance of him sensing the Qi.

As every experienced cultivator know, this small requirement is a test for young cultivators to know of their talents. An average cultivator would take month before they can start to sense the Qi and a talented cultivator would take weeks while born geniuses would take a few days.

Once his heart has settled, Ignis started to concentrate and use his body to try to feel the energy around him. Upon doing so, he started to feel fierce heat surrounding him, he also felt a hint of a calm, an intimidating and a rigorous energy.

The fierce energy that he first felt was the fire Qi that was in abundance due to the environment, following that fierce energy was the tranquil energy was the water Qi. The intimidating energy was the earth Qi and the rigorous energy was the wind Qi. These 4 Qi are the most basic of the World Qi and are in the largest amount. They are also known as the foundation Qi.

Despite of only having Fire and Darkness Qi, Ignis could sense the other foundation Qi because they made up the planet and was everywhere which meant that it is all around, making them simpler to be sensed.

His inability to sense the Darkness Qi is mainly due to it being non-existent in this current time, the Darkness Qi would only emerge once the sun has set and the moon rise. Even then, Darkness is one of the Supreme elements making it extremely hard and strenuous to the body and soul to cultivate.

To be able to sense the Qi in a short period proved that he is a talented and worthy of inheriting the cultivation method that once belong to the strongest cultivator of his clan. Even geniuses would take days to be able to sense the world Qi but for Ignis, he only took a few moments.

This could be contributed to his rare elemental affinity and inheriting the genes of his powerful parents however what can’t be denied is his talent that he was born with. This talent that he was blessed with could make all the different and has placed Ignis on a higher starting ground than other cultivators.

His talent would bring him fortune but will also make him experience more tragedies and set back due to his cultivation path would be full of boulders and enemies that envy and fear his talent.

In the cruel world of cultivator, if a cultivator can’t convince or persuade a talented cultivator to join them. Then, they would destroy the bud before it blooms so that they won’t be a threat to them.

Even of one of the strongest powerhouse has carried out such actions, the Demonic Lord of the Abyss, Everlyn. It is embedded in his nature to remove any small obstacle that may pose a threat to him in the future, no matter how small it might be. Due to this he was able to grow and his vicious nature lead him to the Dao of Annihilation and made him to go on the road of the demons.

Ignis let out a smile after being able to sense the Qi and let out a breath of relief.

“Phew, so this what it feels like to sense Qi” Ignis then closed his eyes once again.

Due to his ignorance of the real world, Ignis had no idea that he had just accomplish a miracle. Once he closed his eyes, he started to try to sense the Qi however this time he began to familiarised himself with the Fire Qi and disregarded the other elements. After a few hours, he was able to fully familiarised with the energy.

As the sun was still up, all Ignis could do now is to attempt to control the Fire Qi and try to absorb the energy with his body. In order to control the Fire Qi, first a cultivator must familiarise themselves with the Qi which Ignis has already accomplished. Then through their mental energy and using a cultivation method to attract the surrounding Qi into their body.

Due to the nature of the first stage of the Solar Eclipse cultivation method, the Fire Qi would be absorbed into the meridian that is located in the hand of the cultivator. After a few hours of trying to control the energy, Ignis frowned and opened his eyes.

“Hmm, sensing the Qi is one thing but actually controlling is completely another matter. Even though, I have familiarised myself with the Qi. I still have yet manage to move the energy at all let alone controlling it.” Ignis sighed and felt down.

“Maybe I should ask grandfather or uncle Reynold? No! I can’t, if I ask for help so early on that means I have no future being a cultivator.” Ignis resolved his will once again.

Relying on oneself to solve all problem and complications has been ingrained in Ignis’s bone through Aurelius teaching. This is how all Crimson’s cultivator are raised and this is how the Crimson clan became the overlord of the Fire County.

The nature of the Crimson’s cultivator made them resolute, unyielding and persistent on the path of cultivation is undeniable key to become strong as a cultivator.

It doesn’t mean a resolute cultivator would be an overlord but all overlords are resolute and unfaltering. Those that are weak-willed and spineless would never go far and would never be a powerful faction that can influence the gargantuan world of cultivators.

This is why all cultivator clan, sect, academy and sect teaches their young to be adamant and unshakable. However, this also increased the conflict between cultivators this is because cultivators would uncompromising and stubborn about their Dao and own path of cultivation and since every cultivator have their own path this causes conflict of believe and way of the cultivation.

Due to their uncompromising and unshakable nature once a conflict started it would end in a blood bath or else if ended in mere words then would make damage their Dao path and they would never be able to reach the apex of cultivation.

After a few more hours of contemplating on how to control the energy, Ignis finally felt the fatigue and decided to stop since he wasn’t making any progress. He and Solace, who was now awake, stepped out of his house on to his backyard where the stars in the sky.

It was now night time and the intense Ice Qi has surfaced, Ignis and Solace lay on the ground staring up on the starry night.

“Solace, I wonder how grandfather is feeling?” Ignis asked and faced Solace who was beside him. Solace then let out a low growl as if he understood what his master asked. Ignis smiled and let out a laugh.

“Since I can now sense Qi I wonder if I can sense the Ice Qi that made this city so popular for Ice Cultivators.”

Ignis then began to try to sense the Qi but after a moment he immediately sat up and abruptly open his eyes. His whole body was sweating, unlike the Fire Qi that was suited him due to his affinity, Ice Qi was the opposite and was incompatible for Ignis. Since it was his first time sensing the Qi he somehow accidentally controlled the energy and due to this Ignis body went into a shock and his mental energy was exhausted.

Ignis let out a few breaths as if he ran a marathon and was thoroughly exhausted this is because being mentally exhausted meant that he couldn’t think and his brain processing became very slow. After a while, he then calmed down and his mental energy was restored for quite a bit. While it was quite dangerous for Ignis it was a blessing in disguised because he was enlightened on how to control and attract the Qi.

It could be said that Ignis was very lucky not only did he survived his careless mistake but also go a benefit from this disaster. Being able to sense and attract the Qi on the first day of cultivating can mean a lot to cultivators.

This is simply because while now at a young age he can start cultivating while for others they can only cultivate after a long time. This made Ignis take an early start in the young generation of cultivators. This small head start can mean one whole cultivation stage in the future and this could even mean that those that belong to the same generation as Ignis could only follow behind on his footstep.

However, this wouldn’t happen so easily, this is because Ignis is not the only genius in this world. While Ignis has, a head start due to his talent, others would also have an advantage due to their background and resources that are given to them. Not only that, while Ignis is tremendously talented, the world of cultivation has never lack talent, there may be people in the world that are talented as Ignis or even more talented.

After comprehending his enlightenment Ignis let out one long breath and smiled.

“Solace, let sleep here tonight.” Ignis, who was still exhausted, said to Solace who agreed with another small growl.

Edit:
    It came to my realisation that I made a mistake with cultivating Qi so I added a small paragraph in the chapter to explain it:
    The Qi mentioned is simply the World Qi that exist everywhere in the world, Cultivator can only absorb the Qi into their Dantian once they enter the Absorption Realm. Before that, they can only draw in the Qi in the air into their body to train and nourish it.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017