Question Road to Kingdom (resolved)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Lilqban, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilqban

Lilqban Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone else reading this aware of the 20+ chapter update by this new person?
    Is this a situation where it gets taken from the other site or what?
    Like I wanna read it but I feel dirty thinking it might just have gotten picked up away from people already translating it.

Update: so I guess it all just up and got resolved from first it's on nats own website then later on it all gets placed on with LNT with the newest announcement.

So is is a NU problem updating shit it ain't suppose to ahead of time or something? O.O

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    VOLX98 likes this.
  2. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, no what? You are right this got mega stolen.

3. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    It was untranslated for over three months, so someone else picked it up. I am not sure what you mean by new person when it was posted last year. Did I travel back in time? o_O

08/10/16 larvyde c22 part1
    12/25/16 Manga0205 c22 part2

VOLX98 and Indiboy like this.
  4. Lilqban

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the people over at light novel translations didn't drop it >.>
    Dude said he was picking up someone to help him with it

5. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    wow 20 chapter.............

VOLX98 likes this.
  6. Lilqban

Reading List:
    Link
    No sir light novel translations picked up few chapters ago o.o

7. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone just up and uploaded up to 56 I think, which I was sure wasn't the last one. Last I remember reading this should have been today or yesterday and it was when the ex-prostitute jacked off that kid who became a servant to MC, and now suddenly there are a bunch of new chapters in a new site by a translator I never seen before and checking the date on the translation it seems like this has been going on for months, WTF is going on?

8. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking back on the last chapter I read there was this posted, lol totally missed it because I never read the author notes.

"Hello everyone! First I want to say my thanks to both Nathaniel.H for donating to Himekishi Ga Classmate! and also Entzer.Y (I’m glad you enjoyed Chapter 98 of Remaster Magic xD).

I have a REALLY exciting announcement to make for Road to Kingdom, first I wanna say that I put a lot of work into this chapter going as far as to edit it myself, but that’s not the good news trololol~. The awesome news is that I will be having a translator come over to work on Road to Kingdom with me and his translations are quite impressive. I’m going to be releasing a string of chapters for Road to Kingdom and I will be making a Big Introduction to the new translator working with me at Light Novels Translations so stay tuned as this announcement will appear along with a string of chapters that he has translated!!

On a side note, sorry Himekishi fans, I’m going to start on the Himekishi Chapter next so please don’t fret, I’ve been working hard . Without further ado."

Zeckzen likes this.
  9. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, that NU's chapter page is a mess, there's like 4 different group/site/TLs in there around same time lol. this one might be annoying to look into, based on these mixed up dates....

10. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad, I misunderstood your post. :oops: I thought you were saying that someone took over the novel when it was still being translated at 20+ chapters.

Yeah, Nat's Kimochi suddenly picked up the novel after FF did, then Light Novel Translations did as well.

Edit: Wow, this is confusing.

11. Lilqban

Reading List:
    Link
    My good sir, tis the reason I made this read to find the truth!....
    AND to get an answer to the question I had if this is consider "stealing from another site".
    Like i get this random dude is doing it for "fun" as I would believe cuz it's what his/her site says buuuuuut yea...

12. Lilqban

Reading List:
    Link
    All good buddy :D

ongoingwhy likes this.
  13. Lilqban

Reading List:
    Link
    I had copy and pasted that as well but immediately edited it out. I had assumed it's just for Light Novels Translations and not for this other persons (Nats I believe?) site ya know? Plus I didn't notice this big introduction if this nat is said person o.o

14. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe Nat's just slipped under radar somehow and got added to NU recently, and all the chapters he had were also put into the list at this time?

Tebix likes this.
  15. ContagioCuriositas

ContagioCuriositas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And according to the newest announcement Nat joined light novel translations which will result in the novels progress skipping to 56 seemingly. And before that FF who translated a bit started to collaborate with LNT as well.
    Got no idea about who "stole" the project from whom though.

16. Lilqban

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes... it basically came out of nowhere for me. Like starting from where I left off on I this 32 from light novel translations all the was to I believe 56?
    Skeeeeetch o.o

17. ContagioCuriositas

ContagioCuriositas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On that note. Do Light Novel Translations produce quality translations? Do they have good editors? Just asking if Im supposed to be happy about those chapters or not.

18. bedullah

bedullah stab from behind. half alive. thank you very much.

Reading List:
    Link
    larvyde didnt give any announcement?

19. Nefarian

Nefarian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey I'm the translator from Light Novels Translations. I've had a chat with Nat a couple of days ago and he's happy to collaborate with me on Road To Kingdom, he's given me permission to post the chapters up on my site after I do some editing on them to fix any spelling/grammar mistakes and just coordinate character names to match as closely as possible.

I don't think Nat was aware that there is a process in the translation community and I don't think he was trying to aggressively steal or take Road to Kingdom away from LNT. Hopefully this resolves some issues as I was also taken aback at the sudden mass upload of chapters to the NU databases.

Edited: For those interested, here is Nat's Announcement on working together with me! https://natsuukashiiblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/21/announcement/

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    VOLX98, Tebix and ongoingwhy like this.
  20. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    I misunderstood the post. I thought he was referring to Manga0205 picking up the novel, but he was actually talking about Nat's Kimochi's recent chapter updates. However, judging from how Manga0205 only posted after three months, I am guessing that larvyde didn't.

VOLX98 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.