School for Traps

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kyzer, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything possible if it has a hole - Aegir Hardlett From Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi :blobsmirk:

*Run's Away~ :sushi_sorry:*

2. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the greatest mysteries in life is that how are these guys (and w/ transplants) able to cosplay so well the female characters?! Traps! Traps! Everywhere!

3. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    0.0 So they are teaching transgender men to act like the ideal female? Shouldn't the transgender men knows how to be the ideal women already? If not, how do they feel they are more woman than man?

4. Lurker of the dark

Lurker of the dark [Just a bored lurker]

Reading List:
    Link
    God...what has humanity become...
    traps only work in anime and manga don’t they?

5. XD

XD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just gotta say, you're an insensitive jerk.
    There are biological women who are unable to have children because of infertility issues. That's why there's a lot of money in fertility clinics, egg donation, etc.

Let's talk about transgender men: They don't necessarily KNOW how to be the ideal woman. Many of them feel like they were born as the wrong gender (because of society - i.e. Men are supposed to be strong and not cry and blablabla - or because of personal preferences - wanting to look beautiful or cute and not macho - or other reason). Some in the transgender community avoid or ignore these tendencies until they're way into their adult life, and because they never learned makeup or anything like that as a teenager, they know nothing and would usually resort to youtube.

"How do they feel they are more woman than man?" How do you know that you're a heterosexual man? Do you feel sexually aroused when you see a sexy lady? Do you feel jealous or desire to be like "that guy." Do you buy clothes because you want this image of being "jock" or " suave" or ... whatever?
    I imagine that transgender folks are similar.

What are you implying, exactly?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Ai chan likes this.
  6. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    But it's the truth no? There will come a time where male and female will look the same through science. But I don't think a male will be able to support a child, be they donated or their own.
    And I meant from the male side too, there are woman that trangender into males, they too won't be able to have kids.
    Calling me insensitive, making a problem out of nowhere, taking things out of context.

Edit: I didn't even mean that being unable to have kids made you less your gender. or whatever. I meant it as the only thing that won't be able to be "changed"

Gotta say, you are a sensitive prick.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  7. Shance

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to understand that there are no ideal woman, there is what's expected of women.

Many women don't know how to act "like a girl" the same way a man doesn't know how to act "like a man" it's all taught since little, "girls don't do that, girls have to act like that" "boys dont do that, boys don't cry, boys are tough" Normally being transgender is a choice, or at least the parents don't act on it, so they are never taught how they are "supposed to be".

8. XD

XD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right, I was a little sensitive on that side. I just read a post from a friend on how she had three miscarriages and her heartbreak, so it triggered me.

But stating that the ONLY WAY TO KNOW that they are transgendered is their inability to have children is incorrect.

In the first place, who cares if they're transgendered? It only matters to you if you're the one who wants to marry the person.

9. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I don't think so. The ideal women have all the traits we expected women to have. They r the same thing, at least for me. Indeed, genders r taught. This teaching isn't just taught by family or parents, but society. It's weird to have class about this. We have classes that study gender not teach them. But I guess if this is what this population needs, why not. I would like to listen to what they got to say about being more feminine.

I don't think being transgender is a choice. No one wants to feel different about their body. Transgender in how I have understand it, is when the person doesn't feel that his or her traits fit the body he is she is in. I would not say they have a choice in this. It is a misconception that they do. We didn't have this choice to choose gender when we were socialized so how can the people who are transgenders have the choice? They don't.

There was an unethical study done some years back, where the researcher tried to swap gender. The participants were two little siblings. The boy was taught to be a girl, doing and dressing like a girl. The girl was taught to be a boy, doing all the things a boy would do. It was unsuccessful, the boy still like things that r for boy and so did the girl.

On another documentary, the parents spoke about their little boy who became a girl. They noticed that the boy liked to play with dolls and do girly things. The boy knew he was a girl, but his physical self didn't reflect that.

10. Shance

Reading List:
    Link
    You are right, and I guess I wasn't all that respectfull either. But I do bealieve that in the future, science will make it possible to look exactly the gender you want. To imitate everything, down to the reproductive organ, and the people that go through this is normally because they feel they are that other gender hence act like it. I don't think though, that science will make it possible for a woman made man to enseminate someone with their genes, the same way I don't think a man turned woman will be able to have their own eggs and carry them to term.

I don't mean now, but in the future, distinguishing them will be basicly impossible without maybe blood tests or being bisected maybe?

But well, it is as you said, who cares, until you are marrying the person. but that's another can of words completely.

Also, my condolences for your friend, it must be absolutely heartbreaking to go through something like that.

XD likes this.
  11. Shance

Reading List:
    Link
    Just as you said, "The ideal women have all the traits we expected women to have." who expects woman to have what traits? It varies from culture, to family, to individual.

What I meant with there not being an ideal woman is in the subjectivity of the subject. Some may feel a demure woman that is compliant and does nothing but care for home to be the ideal woman. I do not think so. hence I do not believe there is one woman that is ideal.
    What I meant with choice is the change to their body. You could be the perfect male biologicly, feel like a female. What I believe to be transgender is not only that feeling but acting on it. Acting on it is a choice. Modifiying your body, dressing as another gender etc is a choice in my eyes.

I could be wrong of course, I have not gotten into an in depht study about the subject, neither have I asked the people involved in this ways of thinking about it.
    I guess you are right, I just do not believe that the way a person raises does not change you, maybe not in such a fundamental way, but yes in the mannerism, your thinking of what is right and wrong etc. To convinve me there would have to be a study of many children doing this kind of research, and a comparison on their attitude to life in contrast with a more traditional upbringing.

12. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    This kind of study is unethical that if it is conducted it is would in silence where the public will not know of it. I apologize, I remember the information wrong. Let me correct myself, it was actually two boys. One was taught to be the boy and the other a girl because of a medical accident with his genital. You can find information on youtube by searching David Reimer, a transgender experiment. It is quite interesting, yet very unethical.

This idea of an ideal woman can be personal, group, culture, or projected by the media. It is indeed subject to the subjectivity of the viewer, yet we must not forget that the viewers is influence by their environment. So can we say that in actual fact, our ideal woman is conceive through the things, events, and views of others? There is no one ideal woman.

Lol, It's like making pancake. Some pancakes can be light and fluffy. Others are heavy and thick. Some people like their pancake plain, like me. Other likes their honey, maple syrupy, or other dipping sauces. Is there a universal or ideal pancake? That rather is subjective.

I am wondering if such a class, is a way to normalize them. Why can't they do their own research? Why can't they practice and learn from interacting with actual real woman? Don't you think this kinda go in hand with the idea of wanting to fit in? If they can't act like "a woman" why do they feel they are better fit to be a woman and not the gender that goes with their biological sex? I guess before you can go into the palace, you must know palace mannerism.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Shance likes this.