Discussion Shi XiaoBai (Absolute Choice)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by nick1mname, Apr 24, 2017.

?

Do you think SXB would be a good king?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Maybe

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. No

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. Other. (Say below in the comments)

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. nick1mname

nick1mname Nick is not my name but it can be.

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was reading the latest chapter of AC (c. 360), then it hit me how much I thought Shi XiaoBai would be a good king.

So, what are your thoughts?

2. henrywolf123

henrywolf123 『<(-.-<) kriby master』

Reading List:
    Link
    Shi XiaoBai would never accept a position as low as king.he would only be satisfied as a god.

zentetsuken, nick1mname and zeus like this.
  3. Deleted member 43009

Deleted member 43009 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Pshhhh as if he would accept something lowly as a god,more like the Universe creator

nick1mname likes this.
  4. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Shi Xiaobai would never accept a position as low as the gods'. He would only be satisfied as the King of Humans Who Rules Over All Things

5. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry. Not good enough! Universe Creator God King!

6. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolute Choice pisses me off the more I read it, the author makes the MC sound like this well rounded, humble person that would make a great king but in reality he is just an oblivious naive 13 year old kid, maybe he gets older and that changed idk because I dropped it (story isn't even funny)

7. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure how far you read, but he progresses a lot during the story and becomes less and less naive. His intuition of god also helps in that regard.

As far as it being funny or not, that is the reason why comedies do so badly in overall ratings. Because the thing with comedies is a hit or miss based on sense of humor. So if the sense of humor is not to your liking, comedies end up seeming terrible. That said, most people tend to find Absolute Choice pretty funny as shown by its overall popularity.

8. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea I assumed this would change as he matured, and it isn't even that he is young and naive that I am so mad, it is the fact that he is young, naive, and oblivious and yet the author tries to make the MC look like he's wise and precocious when he isn't.

I never liked the comedy in Absolute Choice but I kept reading up until he unlocks his super power because I thought it would be worth it. A good super power was going to be the saving grace of this story (for me) but I was ultimately disappointed. Not only was his super power blatantly ripped off of an anime (much like the characters in the story) but it requires someone else to activate! That is literally the WORSE possible super power you could have, one that you need other people to use!

Time travel is good, cloning is good, teleportation is good, almost anything. But the Author gives MC a power that he can't even use by himself and it is blatantly stolen from anime to boot, I dropped the story right there.

9. lnv

Reading List:
    Link

The MC is a 13 year old, he is as wise as any other 13 year old. The only reason why he ends up being somewhat right is due to the Intuition of God. Which is a 6th sense like ability. But he does learn and get wiser due to experience.

As said, for comedies, if the comedy is not to your taste of humor, it tends to become pretty unbearable. So your reaction if the comedy does not suite your taste is understandable.

No, his superpower is a bit more complex then what it is initially stated. It is definitely a Rank S superpower. Not only is he able to borrow powers, he can custom tailor that power by molding its shape. He also has another ability within his superpower. He also has another side of his super power that is not mentioned till later, if he dominates someone, he can permanently steal their super powers.

His super power is the perfect super power for a king. A king burrows power from his subordinates and makes it his own and also conquers others and makes their stuff his own. That is what his super power represents, the power of a king.

Also, as far as story goes, it is good that MC powers are situation limited, this creates room for growth and other powers. If he has a 1 trick poney that worked for everything, that is when a story really gets boring.

10. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    blah blah blah king gets is power from his subordinates, sounds nice a beautiful, poetic even, until he finds himself in a 1v1. Then it's as good as having no powers at all. At the very least it's nice to know that he can get other powers later on down the line

11. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    I am guessing that you didn't get to the part where they said that someone with super powers is not that much stronger than someone without. It only gives them an advantage but that is about it. The whole obsession with superpowers is more of the novelty and advantage in early game. Hence why one of the factions had someone with no superpowers as their main candidate because of their A class cultivation.

Even one of the stronger people they meet later on (sunless) has 2 superpowers. But by the sound of things her sword skill surpasses her superpowers. The whole superpower thing is gravy on the side and useful in niche situations. The high level skills like crab steps, leaking turtle and his sword truth is where he gets most of his reliable power from.

12. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he would be kind king, for his people, that for sure

13. Nykooo

Nykooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not that far into the story yet. So my opinion is subject to change. He's got the basic down, some growing up need to be added up to the current him (currently day 2 of a 3 day training camp with One-Pun for where my reading is). I registered a maybe. It's somehow interesting as a story, I was not sure at the beginning but their is enough there to keep me turning the page at each chapter's end.

14. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, um, the name of the title and its mechanics are taken straight from an anime. You know that, right? And there is a notable character called "One Pun" who is taken straight from an anime. You knew that, right?

So... why was the superpower over the line, when it wasn't even as close a copy as the two abovementioned bits?

15. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    Drop the condescending talk. Talking in a manner that makes you seem as though you are smarter than others does not make it so (see I can do it too).

I am well aware that many of the characters are based off of anime characters but, suspension of disbelief, I managed to ignore it. Besides, a character's design or personality is never completely unique to begin with, sharing som commonality with other characters or being the same character entirely, there's hardly any difference to me. But directly ripping the super power off another anime? That's too far.

Put another way, the author has copied character designs directly out of anime, as you said he also copied the title I guess, and now he just took the MC's power from guilty crown and gave it to his MC. At this point this isn't even his own story but a sickly fanfiction.