LCD Shrouding the Heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Azure, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    Shrouded's just getting started and this is the strangest Truck-sama I've ever encountered.

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    synopsis seems interesting. linked this thread to novel.

3. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    Is anyone actually familiar with the lore for this novel? I've never seen a xianxia based on Buddhism instead of Daoism.

4. Gunji Murgi

Gunji Murgi Overlord of all Things Feathered

Reading List:
    Link
    Truck-sama?

5. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Likely refrence to the trucks that appear to kill of mc's before the start of reincarnate stories like the one that got Rudeus or Kazuma

Gunji Murgi likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah a little bit, basically they are on a journey through the mythology of eastern religions. If my guess is right they are headed toward basically the throne of creation where they will be able to become gods. Its kinda like journey to the west meets Fengshen Yanyi. The group will fight though all sorts of challenges and i suspect will slowly split into two factions. One will become the new gods and the other will become the new demons.

Probably this is a cycle that has continued forever, up until the last group failed completely, and the coffin had to make its way back to earth the long way. i'm also betting that if anyone manages to get back to earth their power will be proportionate to how far they made it down the road. (heroes -> Legends -> Demigods -> gods.)

7. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the process for becoming a god like?

8. faulcon

faulcon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it stranger than the truck in "I’ve Became Able to Do Anything with My Growth Cheat, but I Can’t Seem to Get out of Being Jobless"?

The MC narrowly avoids Truck-sama who crashes and after considering the crash leaves it to other bystanders as he has to hurry to a job interview. Except Truck-sama was carrying several horses that had just been stolen who stampede away from Truck-sama and trample the MC to death.

Gunji Murgi likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean in the legends? Basically its a bureaucracy where you get your name put on the list of gods with your position and get the powers. (or you have the powers and get a position that matches them) Or you as a hero defeat certain monsters and acquire certain items to gain the title of god at a certain power level, which grants you access to some plant or substance that makes you immortal.

I've only read the current translations. So i couldn't tell you how the novel is going to handle it other than drawing upon the basic parallels between it and the older Chinese literature. My best bet would be that those items they keep picking up are part of the process, as they kill demons and monsters and used/gain those artifacts they are going to fit more and more into certain roles that will correspond with certain gods and legends

The most important link is that the class had 33 people starting out which may or may not link the class to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty-three_gods of hindu lore; there are some pretty clear parallels so far. But the author may take it another direction.

Azure likes this.
  10. Gunji Murgi

Gunji Murgi Overlord of all Things Feathered

Reading List:
    Link
    Accha...
    So now we have a trinity then?
    Truck-sama, Cliff-kun, and the Onyon Ninja..

11. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been ignoring this novel so far, but reading some of the things on this page has really peaked my interest in it. is it really that good so far?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  12. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.

13. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hard to say, its interesting, but the author is a touch long winded and i wish he'd stay a little more on target, i was going to give it some more chapters before i decide.

14. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    It hasn't really done much so far, it's really still in the opening stages, but it's pretty unique. That said, I think it has all the foundations for a really good xianxia in the future. MC is calm, fair, and calculating. Fully capable of being shamed without lashing out or even getting bothered by it at all. Speaking any further about it would probably count as spoilers, since there's so little translated so far.

15. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm Ima give it a chance then

16. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Best of luck to the translator. If I remember correctly, shrouded is a rather tricky one to translate. :D

17. Gentlemens laugh

Gentlemens laugh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Check out
    Check out issth and others which I forget the name of

18. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Already read this and the next few chapters of this novel on the previous site, but it still angers me. Though it's true that YeFan is pretty suspicious.

19. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    These shitty guys..... why they fucking with their own classamates and the MC so much.... Assholes.

20. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    Assholes got eaten. Gg. Hopefully, they are truly dead. Gonna suck if they come back powered up.

Chiaroscuro likes this.