Discussion Skip level fights

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by DocB, Apr 29, 2017.

?

Best auxiliar method

1. Body refining

17.9%
  2. Hidden weapons

3.6%
  3. Poison and pills

7.1%
  4. Spirit weapon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Beast Companion

1.8%
  6. Stratagems

8.9%
  7. Duo cultivation/Harem powers

8.9%
  8. Spirit armor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Plot armor

28.6%
  10. Gradpa in a ring

14.3%
  11. Face

3.6%
  12. Soul Power

5.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    haven't done this in a while so RANT!!!

what is the best way to make a character OP, give it a level 4 and have it beat a level 10.
    now common sense would make you scream at the screen, "what is the point of progessing to levels if that can happen?". So the author will constantly remaind you that the diference between levels at a higher realms is bigger and harder than all realms previous and that the MC is a genious because he cultivates an auxiliar techinique that allow such disparity in strength.

example of this are all cultivation novel that have the mc doing body refining, and as such he was a body level and strength of level 15 while his cultivation is level 4.

Now imagine that the auxiliar technique is actual the standart of power, yes you will end up with a strong MC sorround by weakling, but the genious status is lost to the others cultivators cause even not having talent for the auxiliar techniques they manage to reach an high level of cultivation that allow them to battle the MC

So should the MC be a complete balanced character or does the disparity between the level of several aspect of power be use to undermine or hype his power? Also vote on the poll what is the best auxiliar power to make an OP MC orsugest your own

runsing likes this.
  2. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it adds a certain badass element when the MC beats people above his level... i mean come on im not reading a novel to watch someone trash noobs.

runsing and elengee like this.
  3. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    it my point if you change the perspective of what is the power level the MC stop beating genious young master to beat noobs

4. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link

Cryarc, kuu0haku, Shio and 4 others like this.
  5. Archaic pickle

Reading List:
    Link
    Well are you going to be throwing out Saffu quotes all day? <.< if this one gets a ton of likes im gonna laugh

Esperreal likes this.
  6. Aebriol

Aebriol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the soul power ... because the MC is reincarnated and took over the body of some poor bastard, his soul is exceptionally strong, and therefore he just cultivates so fast and learns skills so fast, because, souls are important you know.

namige and Xonarag like this.
  7. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Fengling Tianxia does it perfectly

8. Archaic pickle

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the fights the mc has are not going to be even... and you know in most CN novels the plot Armor does NOT come off at any point

9. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Mysterious grampa that come out of nowhere

10. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it when is a difference in comprenhension and not of power. I mean i don't see any credit in overpowering a enemy of a higher level. I like it when the mc uses special methods such as traps , lots of low level treasures (power of money) or simply has a higher attainment in the path of the warrior and can pinpoint the weak point of his enemy and grasp the momentum and flow of the battle to shift it to his advantage. Like for example exploiting a mental weakness of your enemy or a distraction.

namige and Xonarag like this.
  11. Archaic pickle

Reading List:
    Link
    <.< Dohering is beastly <.< if your talking about Ring Sensei >.> even xaio yan had one <.<

12. Xonarag

Xonarag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well since you already mentioned it I want to say that those power levels were 1 level difference means you can't even touch your opponent are the most infuriating thing ever. I believe it shouldn't even be necessary for MC to have some extra stuff to defeat someone stronger than him fighting technique, weapon advantage or sneak attacks etc. should also be able to make a difference. Like in video games were a 50 lvl. difference of course leaves you basically with no hope but the possibilty of "outskilling" a slightly stronger opponent can make things way more thrilling. Sadly most author hardly ever care for this

namige likes this.
  13. Xonarag

Xonarag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YOU! I like your thinking.

14. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link

15. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    The author should just say:
    The difference of a level 10 1 star card and a level 1 5 star card, in game terms XD
    Damn itttt, the grinding in my game is hard to upgrade those cards

16. Archaic pickle

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't that how it is in most reincarnated novels though? since they have high comprehension due to past experience they can forgo the level gap.

17. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a sucker for mental strength.
    I also like it when MC is proactive and sets up traps...to bad MC with array skills never.

Lastly, I think the best OP aspect that needs to be considered is Words Per Chapter.
    The longer the realm description and the more it can be compared is the best.
    Probably Beast companions that follow a different cultivation path...

So Beast Type, Beast Combat Potential, Beast Realm Name, Beast realm level, Beast realm level value, and cultivation type, and maybe add in an element for good messure.

Excellent ranked Earth Feline mid 5th level Emperor ranked ghostly warrior can beat a poor ranked fire canine low 6th level Emporor ranked armor warrior due to elemental negation.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  18. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    More or less. They usually get special bloodlines/bodies that allows them to be more powerful than some higher level fighers , there's , of course , also time where they use their experiance and wits to win against someone more powerful than them.

19. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Stratagems of course since that way the character can even win against top fighters while being at the beginner level, by for example making other people fight in his stead.
    Hard to write well though since it require the author being able to come up with smart ideas that isn't just pulled out of his ass.

20. Archaic pickle

Reading List:
    Link
    I like when they use there wits alot more then the bloodline troupes <.< i just feel like those have been overdone and most of the time later in those novels (like 50 chapters) the bloodline becomes redundant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.