LCD Skyfire Avenue

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Asf, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jun er is clairvoyant's daughter confirmed?!?! Probs not tho.

2. Luruxi

Luruxi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see why the pharmacist would lie about it or why the clairvoyant would ignore his daughter if that was the case. Her real father is probably some no-name military adept that we never heard of that lost his memories, got imprisioned or something like that (I don't believe he is really dead) and that's why he can't go back home to his wife and daughter.

3. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    So no matter how good Lan Jue is... there just can't be any way for him to beat Sariel who is 4 ranks above him... right?
    I feel like he is going to have to merge with Qianlin since there is no Protogenic Power allowed and using his Martial Arts power would give him away to the Pontiff.
    He had enough trouble against someone was was 1 rank above him let alone a genius who nears his level of talent and is 4 ranks above him. I just don't wanna see some cop out victory against someone who is not a pushover with only raw power.

4. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eeeeythey finally noticed.

5. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    i am starting to feel that the world is filled up with Albinos....

6. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    that child is so adorable!!

7. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yay OP MC wrecks face! On a side note, would their combining with each other make them sexless in a sense?

8. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think so. They are probably going to end up together so their union is just a more intimate form of sex. No pleasure but a really deep spiritual connection. So Spiritually i still see them as separate people.

Physically Lan Jue is the Main Body at all times so it is a no to that one as well.

PS. The wolf finally throws away his sheep's clothing. YES!

9. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lanjue: wakes up in bed naked with girl he likes but can't do anything about it. lol

Viola likes this.
  10. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only got caught up to recent chapters a few days ago.

I originally thought Qianlin was Hera through some sort of revival mechanic with her power which might still be possible but it seems more likely that she has Hera's body, or some message that was meant for Lan Jue.
    Was said that she is inside his consciousness, so her body doesn't exist and his physical body has no changes besides the power thing.

11. Viola

Reading List:
    Link

There was a side note written by the author when Lan Jue was on Lir and he had a night of drinking and called Qianlin thinking she was Hera.

In his side note he said that even he doesn't know if Qianlin is Hera.
    Granted that was a long time ago chapter wise but just from that statement he made i wouldnt jump the gun removing possibilities. Obviously he is very conflicted about which direction to take her character.
    Either way though I think it'll be masterfully done and I can't wait for the mystery to unravel.

12. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many flags has the author stuck true for? "I need to tell you something when we get back" is a clear death flag, if not a death flag there's likely some sort of stalling.

The major problem I've had with the story is that MC has pretty much no downtime in between any of these events. He supposedly spent 3 years in a depressed state on the Avenue and as soon as the story begins it's event after event after event. Sometimes events during events.

Really the only "break" he's seemed to have is the 1 month spent on An Lun (think that was the name? Frontline planet used for training) with no major events, just training the students.

13. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    You are right, that is a classic Death Flag but i don't think he will take that route. From the first chapter it seems more likely that Hera is alive somehow and somewhere.

Qianlin could be Hera or she could well and truly know everything that has been going on. Given the very ambiguous intro and the authors own indecision concerning Hera's fate i don't see him killing off the only known link to those answers. We are over halfway through the novel at this point and i think it is about time we got some answers concerning her true fate.

I am also a bit confused what this has to do with my post.
    The side note i am talking about was written by the author to the readers. Not through the story, it wasn't a flag... just a statement he made separately.

14. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure anymore, probably just wanted the extra reply potential since I saw how inactive this discussion is. Might have gone off on a tangent about Qianlin knowing he was drunk and since she was lonely wanted the intimacy of Lan Yue speaking with Hera, thus saying that she was Hera; but deleted it.

15. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I was just curious. This thread really does need some action. Such a great novel and it's LCD isn't even as active as TDG's. It is sad.

Lol she most likely Did that. Knowingly played along so she could pretend (at the time) that they were together. They were both imagining better times.

16. ultragunner

ultragunner Self-taught Mage

Reading List:
    Link
    All the readers of skyfire avenue are too busy enjoying fine wine and making a 1 page reaction to each sip, then an analysis to the wine's effects on their surroundings, the world at Large, and society itself.

Viola likes this.
  17. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind the spoilers. Can someone give me a detailed summary of what this novel is about? I have tried reading, but I kept getting lost.

18. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More and more like a death flag...
    I don't think there's much to get lost about. How detailed?

This is basically how the premise goes

Vague - Strong guy loses wife, wallows for a few years. Tricked into believing his wife is still alive, meets girl that looks the same as his wife and becomes her bodyguard. Incidents happen.

A very strong person loses wife in some planetary incident, spends a few years drunk in a special place with other strong people. Someone finds him and tells him his wife is still alive but in order to find her he needs to complete a task for them. He does the task and crashes the wedding of the girl he believes is his wife, brings her back to his place but she's been drugged with some aphrodisiac so he "becomes the antidote" and screws her. It's revealed she was a virgin and is actually the younger sister of his deceased wife, in order to somehow make amends for what he's done to her she tells him to be her bodyguard while she's attending school which will last a few years. He does so (haphazardly if I say so myself, always having other shit to do, leaving her unattended) and conflicts/romantic developments occur

19. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Humanity is gettin rekt.

20. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be great if someone asked the clairvoyant why Lan Jue is the only hope for humanity and then he said while coughing up blood or smthn, "the plot armor has got his back!"