LCD Skyfire Avenue

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Asf, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the amount of errors have actually decreased

2. DubZer0

DubZer0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The level of translation is consistently above average in quality. Does it even matter if their are a few typos or grammatical errors?? I don't get people like you, is it below your level to read if it's not put through 3 different editors?? Enjoy the freely translated story and point them out if the translator asks.

3. DubZer0

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody else feel like the Pharmacist's reaction to the fact the North literally tried to kidnap her daughter and keep herself hostage lacking?? As well as Lan Jue's?? Fuck, she didn't even blink really and it was totally like it wasn't her daughter the Terminator was threatening?? The emotions portrayed were seriously lacking by all parties on the Avenue's side. It was like they thought the Terminator was just pulling a prank the whole time.

It was already shown through the dumb wine couple (Bize and whoever the dude was) that Paragons aren't computers, they can't do everything perfectly, they aren't actual paragons of humanity, just the most powerful beings, in the very literal sense as the Terminator can probably wreck a planet with a punch. The fucker tried to kidnap somebody's daughter right in front of them and yet apparently, all's forgiven b/c they failed to do so. It's like mugging an undercover cop with a knife and having them pull out a gun, they won't just let the mugger walk away. I don't give a shit about some encroaching threat to humanity, and I refuse to believe the Pharmacist would either. Or even Lan Jue for that matter, otherwise he'd hand over Satan's daughter so Satan could train her to become his heir/another Paragon.

4. ultragunner

ultragunner Self-taught Mage

Reading List:
    Link
    Thing is, they already know about the reinforcements. And the part they mostly reacted to is how much the North invested in the effort.
    Remember that the Pharmacist already sent her daughter to the ship.

We also don't know if they will get revenge on the north something soon (probably without risking humanity in the process)

I actually believe that the Terminator will sacrifice himself for the greater good. Remember that we still don't know why their new clairvoyant stated that he is a good guy.

TsukiKun likes this.
  5. DubZer0

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't give a shit about any of that. Somebody tried to kidnap harm my children, humanity can go fuck itself, I'm not going to pretend like it was no big deal. No parent would either. The resolution to the whole thing was fucking pathetic and completely stupid.

If I'd been MC, I'd have used all the energy in that stone in his hand to leave a scar on Luo called the Terminator's Folly for trying to fuck with me like that. What's a few earthquakes compared to complete planetary destruction if the Paragons actually duked it out.

Read the bolded part of my post.

6. ultragunner

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you are a moron the same level as cn scrubs.

Why the f would you attack someone who has the clear home court advantage? And they (skyfire paragons) don't want to fight because they know that if they do they could blow up the planet relatively easily. Which if you aren't able to comprehend, WILL KILL THE KID along with all others who aren't paragons.

PARAGONS are better thought of as nukes. They basically go straight to M.A.D. route if ever they fought in a place other than a deserted space. And if you haven't read my comment, we still haven't read about what revenge they have cooked up if they even do. This isn't a stupid cultivation novel where MC is stupid and doesn't think of the consequences of his actions on those around him and humanity as a whole.

TsukiKun likes this.
  7. samanvith984

samanvith984 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He
    He didn't try to kidnap her from mother, he tried to force both (Pharmacist and Daughter) of them to join North Alliance, not separate them. And they took it coolly because they already anticipated Terminator's move. So, it's really DUMB to try to kill yourself by doing the above mentioned stuff, as the humanity you wanted to fuck includes the (your) children.

8. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye. Got it. And yes. It is extremely well translated in comparison to other CN. I have come to expect a certain level of quality for any CN on WW. And SA is one of my fav out there. So I definitely don't want that quality to be destroyed because of increased chapter release rate. I am a leecher. So all I can do is hope that XL is not over exerting himself~~

9. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link

She had the proper reaction because she knew ahead of time that her daughter was already safe and that the Norths plan would not work at all.
    Nobody thought of this encounter lightly. Or did you forget that the Avenue sent 4 Paragons to ensure their safety?
    The only reason you didn't get the reaction you wanted is because the east was too smart to let this situation become as dire as it could be.
    You shouldn't be pissed. You should be happy.

Everything most definitely isn't forgiven. You think the Pharmacist is going to forget they tried to steal her kid? She and Lan Jue will remember this for when they become stronger. But why in the holy fuck would they intentionally piss off the people who hold their lives in their hands.
    If Lan Jue did attack them or their planet for whatever backward sense of retribution you have then an all out battle would have broken out where only the paragons would have survived and the entire planet was destroyed.
    Had Lan Jue done that he and the rest of the Avenue delegates would have probably died. Hell even Jun'er most likely wouldn't have gotten away because the Norths Military would just go and pick her up after.
    For any of them to physically retaliate at that time would have been the absolute last choice anybody would have wanted. It would have been moronic to do anything else before all options were exhausted. Which they obviously werent.

You are way off point on Mija (Satan's Daughter)
    If Lan Jue handed her over (Which she doesn't want btw) she would become a Paragon by giving herself into her evil powers. She would stay in the dark citadel and become a real evil bitch. Lan Jue is trying to get her to become a paragon by controlling her powers. Not by becoming subservient to them.
    And to establish that because of this one thing Lan Jue doesn't give a shit about humanity is halarious. Remember how he sacraficed himself for Taihua?

Lol, don't get shamed by him. It is okay to say you've noticed more minor errors.
    Ignore the virtue signalling.
    All your doing is asking if what you've noticed is being noticed by others.
    It isn't insulting to a translator to say you've noticed some minor errors.

10. DubZer0

Reading List:
    Link
    Luo is the capital of the North, there's no way the Terminator would actually go all out and fight three Paragons on it. NO matter what Lan Jue did as long as he didn't try to blow up the whole fucking planet, the Terminator would have to swallow it, otherwise not only would he practically destroy Luo, he'd have started a war with the East.

@ultragunner The whole incident has been completely tossed aside. I'll bet it's only mentioned in passing in the future. Paragons aren't nukes themselves, it's not like Luo would be there one second and gone the next, their battle would slowly destroy the planet. Lan Jue can move as fast the speed of light and he has the phylactery so he could unleash his full power if he was pressed to. It would have been simple for him to get to his ship.

If somebody tries to rob a house and the homeowner pulls out a gun, he's not just going to go back to sleep, which is what happened here and what you people seem believe in. Even if Lan Jue fucked shit up what exactly was the Terminator going to do, come back and be like "Yeah, let's go to war!" No, he'd walk the fuck away b/c he started all of it and he doesn't have homebase advantage, Luo was going to be fucking wrecked if he tried to force things.

@Viole NO matter what Lan Jue did out of retribution (b/c your post makes it seem like your okay with people just walking all over you), the Terminator would have been forced to accept it unless he wanted Luo to be destroyed (which would be unacceptable b/c Luo is the capital of the North).

There's nothing that says Mika is on her way to becoming a Paragon under Lan Jue's mentorship. Who has a better understanding of her powers, Mika and Lan Jue or the man who has the same power and became a Paragon with it; Satan?? I didn't say shit about Lan Jue not caring about humanity, I said if he was really willing to swallow everything for the sake of humanity, (which is what you guys are pushing, being a fucking doormat as long as humanity survives) he should have had no issue's giving up Mika. He's willing to sacrifice his life, so why not MIka's?? Even if she became evil, Satan can still think logically and even teamed up with the Pontiff when he visited the Avenue, so a Paragon Evil Mika would stand beside humanity.

11. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    We obviously disagree and you are being a huge ass over all of this. Let me reciprocate.

You are wrong. If Lan Jue attacked them he would be forced into action at least against Lan Jue. The novel has described the Northerners as fanatics many times already, especially so on their home planet. If Lan Jue attacked the Terminator would be forced to act against Lan Jue. When you are in a gang fight and have a two way stalemate you don't take that opportunity to take a cheap shot at the other side and think you get to leave just like that.
    The Avenue came specifically to gather their people and protect Jun'er.
    The Conclave came to prevent 4 people from leaving.
    When the Paragons showed up both sides had equal power with the North overpowering the Non-Paragon fighters. The east was at an obvious disadvantage in terms of overall power. Not to mention the North has a shit ton of spaceships somewhere close by. Far far closer than any Eastern ships.
    If Avenue attacked anyone there, it would start a war. Even if they weren't attacked at that moment. The mere act of attacking the planet (even if warranted) would start a war. The avenues goal in coming to Luo was to prevent the North from taking their people by showing them the consequences of taking such actions. They executed their plan perfectly and got away with a perfect mission. Sure the north got shamed but they won't go to war over that. They would go to war over an easterner attacking their planet you imbecile. Especially when he is a part of the Avenue.

So what if Lan Jue could get to his ship after attacking their planet like you so desperately wanted him to. He would be chased down by an Armada and killed in space. Great plan you got there.
    The only reason the Avenue was allowed to leave was because they were on Luo, in a fight Avenue Paragons would have died before any Northern/ Pontiff Paragons did.
    The unspoken agreement between them was, you get to leave because i don't want Luo damaged. Then what? You want to damage Luo and still be allowed to leave? Stupid. Everyone would have died with a couple Paragons maybe making it away back to the East.
    You've read one too many cliche Xianxia where the MC gets away with anything and everything. Sorry, this novel is a bit better in those areas.

This isn't going to be forgotten. Go back and re-read the damn novel because you obviously missed a shit ton of it. The conflict between the East and North has been steadily growing as the novel has progressed. even if it isn't the main focus.
    We have had a dialogue between the Epochrion and Terminator where they are eluding to the fact that they are only postponing their plans against the East because of the Aliens. They said their plans against the East are too far along and that they will fall one day.
    Lan Jue also discovered that the Northern Military is using Pirate Fleets to attack and weaken the Eastern Economy. They even have a Arachnid Class Battleship "patrolling" the Pirate Territory to prevent the East from stopping them. Pile on this recent attempt. As soon as the Avenue is a good deal stronger than the north and after the aliens. Then they will retaliate for all the shit the north has given them.
    You don't start a full blown war when you aren't yet ready for it. But they will be sooner or later.

It wasn't the East that got walked all over. You have this mixed up. It was the North that got walked all over. So yes, you are right. I am okay with that.

It has said before that Lan Jue is helping her how he can in her path to Paragon. You are just plain wrong with that assertion. Check yo facts.
    She doesn't want to give herself up to her power. She would lose who she is if she did that and she doesn't want that. The power of Satan made Paragon Satan kill his wife, it wasn't until much later that he regained his sanity. Mika doesn't want to be corrupted by her power. It isnt Lan Jue's choice, it is hers.

ultragunner and kaisis like this.
  12. ultragunner

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I think I know how Mika can be paragon without losing her shit.

Remember the dark citadel? It's already a fact that "faith" has power here. And MC being built up as a "hero of humanity" added to his strength. So it goes to reason that Satan, being a hereditary title also knows this and takes advantage of it with his carnal Disney Land.

What if, that "faith" is what corrupted him? So what if Mika changes the "core" of her power to something she can control. I know it's easier said than done, but it's a nice pet theory right?

Viola likes this.
  13. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure how much faith the Dark Citadel gets but It is an interesting idea.
    We would need a bit more of an explanation on how faith works to say for sure but that'd be a convenient way to help her out for sure.

14. ultragunner

Reading List:
    Link
    With it being a carnal amusement park, I assume they are getting lots of faith from those pleasure-seekers.

Also I think we already got a glimpse of what faith does or entails atleast from Lan Jue. It probably either influences you to be more in line with the faith of your subjects, or you only get faith from things in line with who you are or maybe a combination of both?

I remember (although not certain) reading about that faith power-up thing affecting Lan Jue in some way or other

Viola likes this.
  15. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right. They probably do get a bunch of faith in one way or another.

From how I read it it helped him with his Cultivation Base in some manner.

But if faith does actually help your cultivation by increasing it or making it easier then the Citadel should be running amok with Paragons at this point because of all the faith power they get.
    So my assumption is that either
    1) The Citadel is full of the most untalented people in the Galaxy.
    2) Faith Power actually has nothing today do with helping your cultivation base. Perhaps it's more of a Temporary boost of power today draw upon when your are running low on juice? Maybe?

16. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lan Jue... grow a third ball already...

17. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The 0 downtime trend continues. Not a second to spare.

18. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, plus he is really dragging out Qianlins confession. It's getting infuriating at this point.

19. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm real tempted to just put it on hold for the year or two it will take to finish translating. If I was reading it as the Author was publishing I would be furiously commenting.

Is it a law of nature that an MC in motion has to stay in motion? Does he really need to go to Jue Di NOW? He can't sit and fucking wait for a measly 2 days while the girl he loves sorts some shit out? Why the fuck does he have the feeling of needing to run? He just spent half a month in an intense combat tournament and had many gains in between fights to meditate on but now that he has a reason to stick around and contemplate on them (like he was between fights) he can't even sit still? And now he's going to encounter that weird space life form so here comes even more delays, not to mention the obligatory training that will probably happen when he actually does reach Jue Di.

I swear, the longest he's ever been focused on a single thing is that student training class on the desert planet. A whole month without flaking off juggling 2 or 3 tasks at a time.

20. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Daddy is getting rikt by auntie.

TsukiKun likes this.