Feature Request Slight issue with 'Last Read/Latest' on reading list

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by eharper256, Aug 20, 2017.

1. eharper256

eharper256 Purveyor of Dubious Medicinal Elixirs [since 1885]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is kind of not a bug; so its a request... but basically, when I've ticked a novel to show I've read that chapter, then a few days later that novel has had 2+ releases, you have a slight issue that the Reading List doesn't show the next chapter you're supposed to read.

It shows the last one you read, and the latest one released, but neither of these are the ones I wish to click on, so I have to go into the individual novels page and find the next release and click that.

This is also an issue when you start reading a novel that has an established chunk of chapters (lets say 100; you start reading it up to say 25 and come back the next day to pick up where you left off~ I want start at 26 in this case, but in the Reading list, I can now only click 25 or 100).

Not critical, but it's annoying extra clicks, so could there could perhaps be a 'next chapter' column tucked in the middle? It could use a simple (LAST TICKED + 1) logic, right? (though admittedly that could cause problems when multiple translations exist).

I guess the whole thing could be subverted by getting into the habit of only ticking the last but one chapter; but in that case, the "I've read the latest chapter!" button needs to be also revised with that logic, since I use that all the time.

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    next chap?
    reading list is next release~ what if next release is chap 7 while previous release is chap 251 cuz translator re translate?
    hence you got current one~
    yup I laugh cuz previous chap is chap 200 something while next is chap 9~

3. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why you have the [Book] icon on your reading list aka "Show me chapters I haven't read!", which opens a popup with link to the last read chapter + 3 next releases.

4. noisypixy

noisypixy Sacatunn que pen, que summum que tun.

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, you get used to the weird design decisions after a while.

5. zemega

zemega Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish that book icon can show a little number that highlight more than 1 release difference thatn the chapter you have read.