Discussion Smite vs DotA 2

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    So I've played DotA 2 it was alright but the community was and is trash. Other than doing my own thing I couldn't enjoy being on teams mostly playing independent characters that didn't need help well I liked playing IO as well but only when I was really bored lol

How is Smite in comparison?

Fenrir is FAV! From picture alone Skaldi is Bae!

2. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Smite, Be A God like me.

Anyway, it's very good, and you need to be fast since the look is from 3rd person so someone can backstab you and the like, you need to dodge things and target carefully, with future path prediction.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  3. Shratath

Shratath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you will get bored later there are lots of problems that need to get fixed btw (idk if they are fixed no lol its been 4-5 months since i deleted smite)

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  4. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most communities in games are trash, they remind me of the arrogant young masters from Cultivation novels.

ElTorroLoco and Okuri Ookami like this.
  5. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't met many trash in Smite.

6. corrr

corrr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Smite vs DotA 2 vs LoL
    dont forget lol

Lonelycity likes this.
  7. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    every moba community is toxic AF... u need to be lucky to get decent team.. when teaming with random

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  8. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Played Mobile: Legends close enough

9. Yipie

Yipie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "I" haven't played it, but saw a review of other games and has tempted me to try smite.

The Dota2 equipment/level up system totally turned me off the game and I haven't touched it in a long time.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  10. Kanna Kamui

Kanna Kamui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am 4k mmr player and i always play at midnight because there's too much garbage/trash playing in the afternoon . My rage meter is always full everytime i dont play at midnight . I'm talking about dota 2 btw .

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  11. letmeusefilter

letmeusefilter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    smite gets really repetitive compared to dota 2
    fun while it lasts though
    unless ur a guy who plays the same game for 2+ years

12. Dont_Don

Dont_Don Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heroes of the Storm!

At least til smite does a rework of kuzenbo

13. Valyrian6

Valyrian6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dota 2's community is always trash, just like Lols (y)

14. corrr

corrr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but not the same :facepalm:(okay almost), you get a difdifferent feeling:blobhero:

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  15. jersanxx1

jersanxx1 『Lost Toy』『Mostly Lurking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, first of all, EVERY moba community is toxic AF. Secondly, I bet you're on a lower level playing field on DotA 2 that's why that is your impression in the game. So, my advice? Git gud.:blobhero:

You cannot compare DotA to Smite. Yes, while they are in the same genre, but play styles are vastly different. In playing DotA, its like playing old RTS type games, but in Smite, you're playing your hero in Third Person Shooter style. I may not know Smite's features now(I played like two years ago), but I assure you, it is like playing clunky Dragon Nest in PVP that has bigger Map(Also, tends missing skills a lot if lag[especially, Ne'Zha's one-on-one combo]). The scales are different, so Get in the Higher playing field of DotA first(5k+ MMR), before level your impression of the game as "boring".:blobexpressionless:

P.S. I get the impression that while you're playing as casual, but outraged at PUB(most toxic) player's lack of skill and competitiveness. Which is, quite insulting that you compare a game like you judged a country's quality by living in the slums.:facepalm:

P.P.S.
    Fetching a hero akin to stick... Bite a god and drag him wherever you want.... for a few seconds.

Game wise, That's cool because you can completely Isolate an enemy.

Lore wise, That Effing sucks... They treated the mighty FENRIR like a trained dog.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Kanna Kamui likes this.
  16. MaskMe

MaskMe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just play paladins the opposite team cant chat with you so minimum toxicity only a little bit of salt here and there

17. Casshern080

Casshern080 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed that smite community isn't that bad or wasn't when I played which was surprising. I'm not sure if it has changed. I also had a bit of fun being a league player it was a totally different experience and have to say was fun. Didn't keep playing it though since like most games you need friends to enjoy it. Overall I would yes try smite it's different its fun and it has a nice community or used to. Also their skin design is nice, if you forget about some of the copyrighted versions lol.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Okuri Ookami likes this.
  18. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah I've n played a blizzard game to my knowledge so almost all the heroes are lost on me. Killing most of the enthusiasm. But I'm a myth lover so Smite is up my alley.

Played for maybe 2 or 3 months from December to Feb so yeah I'm low tier DotA wasn't boring but it just didn't excited me having a team member blinking your position on a Pilar while you have no scrolls or any method to get down... This is one example.

Lore wise Fenrir was trick and used / abused but think Hati, Skoll, Garmr these are keenings of Fenrir. Being raised then tricked by those envious and fearful of your unmatched strength is pitiful. He gree to embody retribution that the Norse believed promise breakers deserve! Fenrir at his weakest devored Tyr's hand, As Garmr he led Odin to the gates of hell where he met rejection. As Garmr he howled to welcome Ragnarok! As Skoll and Hati he devored the moon and sun. As Fenrir he was Ragnarok (well not literally) Swallowing the all father and sending him to Náströnd

19. Notaborax

Notaborax 『Woeful One』『Poet』『Epi's & Azuka's Cat』

Reading List:
    Link
    well smite is a 3rd person over the shoulder 3d moba, where you have to aim to land skills and attacks. so thats something to prepare for.

community wise its pretty good i guess? i never met anyone toxic yet. you can easily find someone to play with you with the several clans out there, pretty ez to join one and then if you ask in the chat someone would prob be down for a game. its pretty chill for now

20. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Used to have a nice community. During my time playing the game, i must have met the toxic discharge from all other mobas everywhere.
    Leavers every game (either 2-3 my team or 2-3 their team, never on both side for some kind of balance), teammates with mouths bred in the garbage dump and opponents as arrogant as the villainous young masters we keep reading about (one time, it was 3 players gone and the other 2 afk for a quick end, then High-Nose-Against-the-Heavens shouts "GG EZ NOOOBS!!!11" like they did most of the work, yet had the worst score of all).

Bad experience is everywhere because some people sometimes don't realize what they have and how easy it is to lose it.

Anyway, you all should totally try playing Strife, which is another moba you've never heard of and has about 20 players at peak hours (me included).