Japanese Snow White of the Antique Shop

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by WhiteWolf42, Apr 22, 2017.

1. WhiteWolf42

WhiteWolf42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Snow White of the Antique Shop
    リリー骨董店の白雪姫
    Raw Link: I can provide the raws, just ask (3 LNs)
    NU Link: Doesn't exist
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I personally thinks the story and setting sounds interesting (at least from what I could understand through machine translation), I'm also a huge jewelry and antiques lover and cursed antiques are so exiting, so I really want to read it and maybe others are interested in it too. And the story takes place in Great Britain, in the 19th century. A reason more for me to read it, since such a setting is quite rare in asian novels.
    Description:
    In 19th century, Great Britain--. Claire, the heiress to the Earl of March, decided to open an antique shop. For a young woman to set up a shop is unprecedented but Claire, who can hear the "voices" of antiques, was searching for the key to unlock the "Curse of Lady Ann Jewel" handed down to earls. One day, a young man - the owner of a jewelry shop - visited to ask for an appraisal on a legendary jewelry...!? The curtains rise on an English love story guided by jewels.

Here are the raws of the first chapter:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ruihxu51b6vv561/Snow_White_of_the_Antique_Shop_Teaser_Raws.zip
    Important Note: I won't share my raws anymore with people, who just wants to read the novel for free. For this purpose I upload the raws of the teaser. If someone is getting seriously interesting in translating this novel, then I will share the complete raws with him/her. For someone who just wants to read it, please understand if I say: "Please buy the raws yourself." With this you are also supporting the author and the artist.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    so it's true another romance vibe

Hate likes this.
  3. Hate

Hate born

Reading List:
    Link
    unfortunately
    a web novel has more chances of picking up than an LN thanks to DMCA stuff

let's just hope one of the LN translators get interested in this

asriu and Indiboy like this.
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh well romance have lower chance cuz well it's romance~ good thing cuz it rarely see romance LN it rare see romance LN to anime these day~
    >.> I'm not particularly put attention to anime so I may have make huuge mistake~

Hate likes this.
  5. StormHawk

StormHawk I’m Back To Drop Bombs

Reading List:
    Link
    'Shivers' gosh I hate romance vibes. I never read anything that smell like that. The smell of threesome and reversed Harem. Bad memories.

6. Ilinox

Ilinox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Skimmed the raws for the first volume (thanks @WhiteWolf42 again!) and the language is quite easy to read, so I think a MTL could easily handle this one. Not much to say about this; it's a detective-y mystery adventure story.

I read around 2 chapters and heroine was pretty okay. Nothing outstanding about her but nothing horrible either. She has a really cute pet squirrel who keeps biting the male lead whenever he gets touchy |D it's funny. Male lead is pretty fresh too; he's one of those "always smiling" men and is very casual and affectionate. The black-haired guy in the cover is actually her step-brother (he's the resident tsundere and insults the heroine a lot to show his worry and affection lol) and I don't think there's any romantic vibes there, at least there were any in the first volume.

Hm, yeah, I don't have much to say about this since I didn't get hooked into the story and you have to stick with a mystery book from start to finish to really get the payoff. If you're all about mystery adventure stories though then this isn't a bad one.

Claire Lilly likes this.
  7. WhiteWolf42

WhiteWolf42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I uploaded the raws of the first chapter if someone is interested.

8. Claire Lilly

Claire Lilly ~Fairy of the Moon Blossom~

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems a bit similar to 'Hakushaku to Yousei' (incidentally I've just read parts of it, but it was very good). I hope someone will be interested and pick this up.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  9. Claire Lilly

Claire Lilly ~Fairy of the Moon Blossom~

Reading List:
    Link
    Since WhiteWolf42 deleted all her raws, here is a raws sample of the first 60 pages of volume 1.

10. Diviana

Diviana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    This sounds neat