Question So... About WMW (possible spoilers).

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by JustDiededed, Apr 14, 2017.

1. JustDiededed

JustDiededed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading WMW for a few months and recently started reading it again. I'm at chapter 350 or something like that. But my question is more related to the base of the novel.
    I kinda of remember that when he became a Warlock, it was said that his power would come from rare bloodlines, and I even remember that he bled a girl that he saved in his first trip, because she had a bloodline.
    But... I was under the impression that he could "absorb" multiple bloodlines, and not only strenghten the snake one, which was his original. Recently he found a meditation for the dragon bloodline, but often complains that he can't practice it and can only use it to complete other manuals. So, can he on can he not have multiple bloodlines?

Awe 128 likes this.
  2. Deleted member 36162

Deleted member 36162 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    While we are talking about Warlock of the Magus World, do anyone of you know about Card Levy that was mentioned in the last chapter of the novel ???

Awe 128 likes this.
  3. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he can not have multiple bloodlines. He uses them to strengthen himself but the bloodline, bloodline limit, and innate spells stay the same.

JustDiededed likes this.
  4. Maxlan

Maxlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He indeed cannot have multiple bloodlines, but he can absorb them to mutate/strenghten his own.

5. Deleted member 36162

Deleted member 36162 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he can't absorb other bloodlines.
    And why would he ???
    His blood line came from The mother of ten thousand snakes and who's a level 8 limit creature .

6. Maxlan

Maxlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he absorbed that sun creature bloodline though. I read the raw really quickly, but didn't he first upgrade his mankestre snake bloodline to become a king mankestre snake bloodline? Afterwards, according what I remember (I might be wrong), he absorbed the sun creature bloodline or something similar.

Awe 128 likes this.
  7. faraonj

faraonj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your wrong his bloodline came from a lvl 4 creature not the mother.

xalienxgamerx likes this.
  8. Bikersmoke

Bikersmoke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understand he dosent absorb them, but experiments on them to find a way to upgrade his bloodline.

Nyarlathotep likes this.
  9. nyuu1224

nyuu1224 Heaven's Grip System Engineer

Reading List:
    Link
    It is only a reference for improving his bloodline? Who cares how he uses it. But one thing is for sure. As for the moment he has kemoyin blood in his veins. And can only use that bloodline. Having multiple bloodlines makes you a mutt or a mongrel. If were given a choice I would want to be a pure blood. But I can't since all of us here on earth are mongrels.

10. s0hlless

s0hlless Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    doesn't he go all deadly sins on everyone and transforms his bloodline like that?

11. KnightofGlory26

KnightofGlory26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah that's not true,

Leylin became a Warlock by using a rank 4 (Morning Star) snake, one that is a breed that's a servant of the mother of snakes.In the novel it is explained that Warlocks at cursed or 'shackled' to their bloodlines, it basically means you can't grow stronger than the bloodline/creature could (in this case rank 4).

The part of him strengthening himself with other techniques is using the A.I chip to create more levels in his meditation technique (he only had up to rank 2) so he could get to a Morning star (rank 4). However, Warlocks can't change their bloodlines as it's connected to their souls and no one knows how to un-connect them, well until the protagonist obviously comes up with some bullshit way.

Hope it helped :p

12. Evanbond

Evanbond Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow looking at the comments above made me realize that how fickle and with carelessly I read the novel. I don't have that much of an "in depth" answer but I think he doesn't absorb other bloodlines. What he does, is that, he takes the data from those bloodlines and compare with his through simulation of AI and from the meditation techniques, he customizes his kemoyin pupil and other aspect of his powers.

Nyarlathotep likes this.
  13. TH3unknown

TH3unknown Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but it's just a multiple headed snake like a hydra

14. CCaprice

CCaprice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He can't have multiple bloodlines. The bloodlines of others he gathers are to study to better understand himself and to use in ritual/spells to strengthen himself and his bloodline.

The dragon meditation technique requires one to be a dragon to use and other meditation techniques are either for magi or some other bloodline etc.

In order to learn other meditation techniques, he would have to remove his old one from his consciousness severely damaging his mind and spirit/soul. This would make him less than and acolyte, basically back to the very start of the novel only severely damaged. Heal the damage which took him decades to do back when he was a rank 2 warlock and that was only slight damage. After that he would have to meet the new prerequisites for the mediation technique (race/bloodline etc) and then start from scratch again.

All that is why he uses the other stuff to improve his current self and meditation technique instead of changing.

Nyarlathotep and nyuu1224 like this.
  15. nyuu1224

nyuu1224 Heaven's Grip System Engineer

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. He extracted the blood of a mankestrake whatever snake to get a kemoyin blood then used the said blood to become a warlock not the other way around. The sun blood is currently being stored for further study or for future uses but im 50% sure that leylin cannot absorb and use other bloodlines. Cuz if he can then their would be a sea of blood. And it is scary.

16. iiBootlegz

iiBootlegz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Found bloodline in a ruin from another warlock --> remove impurtities and improve bloodcells etc (basically his bloodline from the snake % went to atleast 90+%) then improve his strength with other warlocks but can't use the abilities from those bloodlines. But atm he can't get past rank 4 with his bloodline of the snakessss

JustDiededed likes this.
  17. s0hlless

s0hlless Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he obviously has a work around to upgrade his bloodline to other things or why else would every spoiler say that he reaches rank 9 and is a hydra.

18. Maxlan

Maxlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant kemoyin, I read the novel a really long time ago. He does get past rank 4 to rank 5 though, as I said before he became the king/emperor kemoyin snake which is the absolute pinnacle of the kemoyin species. He broke away from the mother of all snakes and became pretty much the rules of the kemoyin species.

nyuu1224 likes this.
  19. KnightofGlory26

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. so true

20. KnightofGlory26

Reading List:
    Link
    really? I haven't read in a while is the translation up to their?

nyuu1224 likes this.