Someone keeps deleting my reviews (possibility of staff abusing power)

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by I Eat Monsanto, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryarc

Cryarc 『Procrascinating Illustrator』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, lets assume that NU is a house, moderators and site owner are the house owner, with users as visitors. It's a common sense for visitors to comply with the house owner's rules when you're at their home, isn't it? If the owner said don't bring animals inside the house and the visitors are violating that, don't be pissed off if they're getting kicked out.

From what I've seen NU has always been neutral - the staffs never taking sides or favoring a series that clouded their judgement - as long as the users are complying with the rules. Negative critiques/reviews have been allowed in both NU and NUF as long as it's within the rule's boundary, heck I've even writing them and got no problem whatsoever with it; even if they judge my contents as inappropriate here then I'll accept that.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Fr0stb1te, Loriel, MrSplashy and 3 others like this.
  2. ImmortalDreamer

ImmortalDreamer [7 Sins][OriginPrince][Ero God][Phantasma]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wew. I like NUF for its neutrality. I've even heard the mods have a round table discussion when they are dealing with huge problems and so on.

Afaik, as long as the review is in concord with the rules, it won't be deleted. Tony isn't someone who would delete one just for no reason.

Here's a great example~

[​IMG]

:)

Loriel, AliceShiki and Aiiee like this.
  3. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    wouldn't it be possible for the one that made the thread. after all NU pages are also similar to a thread that was added by someone, so i'm think that person would be (probably) able to delete the reviews.
    well, assuming that, some people had deleted my comments in NUF threads (because i had pointed out that they had big iris (eyes) but skinny pupil.. ).
    so i think it might be possible for the person that had made thread for the book, would be able to delete reviews. (if not, then idk..)

4. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm the only person that can approve or delete reviews on NU so if anyone has any questions on why your review is deleted or is not approved, you can PM me directly.

Tramsloof, Loriel, AliceShiki and 2 others like this.
  5. Heyu

Heyu Not enough space

Reading List:
    Link
    After you rate: You're done! Writing a review is optional.

You can technically one star all QI novels without writting at all

6. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    your post probably got reported. either by the OP (the one who made the thread), or other users. the OP however, has more 'voice' on their thread.
    normal user can only delete/edit their own post in a thread. on the other hand, they can delete any post on their own profile page.

7. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, well I'm sure it didn't got reported, but just got deleted by the one who made it,

8. Seregosa

Seregosa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... well, I've also had a lot of reviews being removed. It's quite annoying when you take time to write something only for it to get deleted without so much as a warning or given reason. I also never know if they've been deleted until I happen to check the novel out again for one reason or another and find out that, hey, my review is gone.

For some novels, I can agree that I might've been too fired up and venomous, but for other ones(like kuma kuma kuma bear to mention one of quite a few unreasonably deleted reviews) I clearly didn't write anything wrong nor was it a rant. It was also up for a fair while before being deleted. Sometimes I really wonder what the heck these guys are doing. They're clearly deleting things depending on their mood for the day. Not every review gets deleted, not even if it's a rant, but many of them do and it's a huge waste of time and I'm left wondering what I actually did wrong, what was the reason? How can I improve my reviews and avoid taboos if I don't even get a small note on things that made it get deleted? It's especially annoying when you see a lot of other reviews that CLEARLY should've been deleted and are far worse than your own, yet they're left up.

9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    1) All reviews are approved/rejected by the site owner, mods don't have this power.
    2) You should check the review guidelines.
    3) Don't post on threads that did not have any replies in the last 3+ months.

Oh, and this is important I guess:

runsing and LaDyViL like this.
  10. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Locked for necro.

Crazyh3 and AliceShiki like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.