LCD Sovereign of the Three Realms

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Elusive

Elusive New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems you've missed my point as I've never stated that they were some no name characters. My point was to know whether the young Huang'er would prove her identity to some random-ass cultivator or just simply use her "mysterious" strength to show dominance by peeing on him *Scratches the last part*. Nevertheless, SOTR is like a drug to me atm and I want to keep deducing the next parts.

2. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 431: tch the forefather Thousandleaf got played a little by the Iron guy. Oh well it's not a big deal as long as the guy was sincere! And Sunchaser and co didn't turn up yet. They're for the end to make an entrance by being fashionably late huh~ is that other guy going to turn up with them? The one from that super power

3. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He should have taught the forefathers and dragon-phoenix the formation that his birds use.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  4. Elusive

Elusive New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite a good idea, but nevertheless, only 4 forefather would not make that much of a difference since it was said that JC'c formation need at least 8 people with similar strength. Thus, it is more reasonable to say that JC should've taught his sect's elders the formation, but since he just arrived at the sect i'm afraid he had no actual time to do all of that.

5. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think they need to have similar strength or else JC wouldn't be able to use it with the sword birds like he keeps doing. He could have instructed one of his guards to pass it on to those three. They'd probably learn it rather quickly since they're in the origin realm.

6. Elusive

Elusive New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't remember the exact detail's but from what i can remember from the novel, it has said that at least 8 practitioners are required to set up the formation. Moreover, JC made 8 sub-sets as a core and made a huge sword bird army as a whole formation and all of them were similar in strength while the core of the formation were spirit ranking birds. So, he would need at least 8 origin realm cultivators to act as a core which is quite an unrealistic feat, considering the number of individuals that has reached origin realm in 16 kingdom alliance as a whole.

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, at least 8 practitioners but I don't think it ever said that they had to be the same strength. He just has the highest level birds lead the sections of the formation because they're the strongest and smartest.

8. Elusive

Elusive New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, similar in strength. It's never stated nor there's a saying that there was a true qi sword birds in the spirit ranking line up. Plus it would upset the energy flow in a whole formation. Take a look like this, there's a big concrete wall in front of you while right behind that wall is a row of balloons, once someone hits the wall the wall itself will take no damage or whatsoever, but the balloons will suffer from the vibrations which will result in them popping-up. Meanwhile, if all the walls are concrete the damage wouldn't be so severe even if you destroy the first wall, the rest will be left with little or no damage.

9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously it's better if stronger people are in the formation but it's not a requirement. He's working with what he's got.

10. Elusive

Elusive New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, stronger the core is the same goes for the rest. Admittedly, it's better for 8 adults to push a cart instead of 4 adults and 4 children. Even if they replace the rest of the 3 slots with highest ranking elders of their own sects it still would not make perfect formation.
    Eight Trigram Assimilation Formation (八荒攝靈陣): A battle formation in which eight people become one. The formation locks down the eight trigrams (directions) with spirit power and divides the air into eight sectors, completely locking the space down. Participants are able to attack and defend within and without the formation.
    While there are no strict condition on the level of the individuals in this formation, i think overall it's better for higher ranked cultivators to act as a core. Moreover, it do states that "eight people become one" which means they need to have some similarities, be it their cultivation level or bond by trust, it can be anything :D

11. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
  12. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 435: I find myself skipped by these last few chapters. Bring out the star of the show already. Let Jiang Chen amaze everyone with his improved strength~

13. jmj1011995

jmj1011995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm happy that someone other than an MC was finally capable of just dodging, even if the person in question likely didn't have to dodge. On the other hand, I am also unhappy because if that guy can do it, then why on earth can't anyone else?

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I want the MC to come out but it's not like these chapters are bad.

15. Ranz

Ranz 『Legend Death』『Necromancer』『Pokemon Master』

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they're not on earth? :p
    It's called favoritism by the author. You've got to suffer from it in most CN novels. When others try to do something the MC does, it will not succeed. For example, MC walks on a road. Another guy walks on the same road. The guy's going to trip from slipping over a banana peel or have a comet fall over his head. Lol

16. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    indeed, i'm finding it tough to really care about a bunch of people getting stomped when the only thing that'll matter is once jiang chen actually show up. would have atleast been a bit more interesting if it wasn't "earn a single win". some guy goin all out and nearly killin himself to snag a win would be a bit better than a handful of chapters of people getting curbstomped until "the hero always arrives late" kicks in. Jiang Chen's really gotta get a proper alarm clock or something.

unless they're part of the protagonist's faction, in which case they're nearly as capable or even more so, depending on how long their existence will be dragged out.

still a little annoyed at this whole pissing off a new faction before he's even properly moved on that they seem to be leading up to. it's not even foreshadowing of conflict at this point, but a continuation of the same grudge he's been dealin with since the beginning.

17. pothb

pothb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a common thing in novels in general. I actually think it's a good technique to use for ongoing stories. Introduce a new issue as the old issue is dying out. If everything is introduced at once, you tend to forget and get bogged down by excessive information. With this way of story telling, you can also stretch stories. It tends to happen with arcs or books.

Though, I do agree that it isn't done well here.

I also prefer this to being blindsided by a completely random element that just seems to pop out of no where. AKA Mindlord. WTF was that?

18. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 436: fillers be everywhere.....but @etvolare is right. Yiu can't skip it as you might miss the little details. Which can pop up in future chapters making you think 'I don't remember reading that' lol~

Now back to the chapter~ Jiang Chen appeared which is a happy occasion of course. But what I'm glad to see is that he appeared early. It's not a case of the MC comes to save the day right at the end. And he's going take on the all 3 opponents together~ Now since it's out of nine, would that count as 1 match or 3?

19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not even filler. The author is clearly setting things up. People just don't want to read it.

20. GenericName

GenericName Generic Title

Reading List:
    Link
    uhhh what a cliff hanger that title of 438, is he ´in the Origin realm ???
    Or not, maybe it is the other girl which he plans to heal at some point.
    Who knows.

But I am ready to read about some major ass whooping.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    emry likes this.