Discussion [Spoiler] I just began Immortal Executioner

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Mooreja1, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Mooreja1

Mooreja1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone tell me about the five phases. I've very confused about what they are.

try not to spoil anything about the novel please. I just started reading it

Case solved

Thank you for everyone who replied

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. DesuDiem

DesuDiem Surviving College

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you talking about the way he cultivates.l? If it is then is like Martial God the MC is cultivating in a way that the 5 elements are in balance and support each other.

3. Mooreja1

Mooreja1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just given the name phases?

4. Stesira

Stesira Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If my memory is correct, the five phases should be the five elements: fire, water, wind, earth and metal(?). Each element also has a 'ying' type and a 'yang type, so there are ten elements in total. The elements (specifcally the ying & yang) should be kept in balance, however they can exist in an imblanced form, although this is inefficient.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Mooreja1 likes this.
  5. ZhangYeNumberOneFan

ZhangYeNumberOneFan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    5 phases are the traditional 5 chinese elements. They are the main/basic elements. Remember pokemon and how water was supereffective on fire and fire wasn't very effective on water? Like that, but with different labels, i guess. For specifics, look up wu xing (five elements on wiki)
    water generates/ gives rise to wood, so it's not very effective against wood. In IE, the 5 phases are further divided into yin/yang types, each phase has 2 types that the translation calls first wood , second wood, etc.

fuck this 10 posts thing
    http s://en .wiki pedia.org/ wiki/Wu_Xing#/ media/ File:W u_Xing .png <<-- ignore the spaces in the link

Mooreja1 likes this.
  6. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you mean Zhanxian then its simple. there are 5 elements, fire, water, metal, wood and gold i think it was? well no matter, each element has Ying and Yang so that makes up 10 total elements.
    So thing is like first wood, second wood and such thing, i believe the odd number was yin while the even was yang??... So to advance with a solid fundation they need to power up both yin and yang elements of their chosing, so in a fire cultivator he needs um first fire and second fire?....
    It goes like this, not neccesarrly in this order. First wood, second wood, third water, fourth water, fifth fire, sixth fire, seven metal, eight metal, ninth gold, tenth gold.

CodeZero, Mooreja1 and Shance like this.
  7. MineralWater

MineralWater NU's BS supplier

Reading List:
    Link
    Yin Wood, Yang Wood, Yin Water, Yang Water, Yin Fire, Yang Fire, Yin Metal, Yang Metal, Yin Earth, Yang Earth... confusing stuff

Mooreja1 likes this.
  8. Gatsu

Gatsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    qi gathering, foundation establishment, core formation, nascent soul, spirit severing, dao seeking...

9. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link