Spoiler Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu romance

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Wry Warudo

Wry Warudo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure Uryuu is Sakura's family name.
    I read somewhere that Reika gets framed for bullying Wakaba. Do they ever find the real culprit?

Also, Reika x Wakaba ftw

Lazy hypocrite likes this.
  2. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sakura's name is Fukioka
    yes
    Why not by Reika ? xD
    Wasn't their first meeting at the school festival ?
    I think her appearances were :
    -The school festival (where she acted exactly like Sakura did)
    -some party were Reika, Kaburagi and Enjou were present (I kinda don't remember which one), she glared at Reika that time
    -Yukino's birthday ? (I don't remember if that's the case though)
    -Yukino went at Reika's and called his Nii-sama for permission. Enjou apologised to Reika about his brother's selfishness and then we can hear Yuiko (that scene was creepy and scary as fuck)
    Wait, now that you're talking about that, he kinda act about Enjou the way Maihama Ema act about Kaburagi with Reika "so you went to Kaburagi's detox plan just to get his mother's attention !" "there's an eyesore around Kaburagi !"
    I could ship that just to see Kaburagi's reaction xDD
    That "Mr" is simply a translation of -san. And Kichijoin is probably not that much of the mark. Kicho-in and Kichojoin sound quite similar after all.
    ---
    The most funny thing about Kenkyo Kenjitsu is that Reika's reincarnation's "advantage" got simply reduced to going to McDo and eating cheap snacks and not having a crush on Kaburagi in elementary school. I mean all other reincarnators are smartass starting from 3yo that excells in study/magic/etc and perfect grades . And miraculously remember things like how Cocoa is processed/how to create cosmetics from scratch/some miraculous remedy for some illness/finding potatoes/creating banks/etc.
    Reika is like "wait this elementary school program is a bit too much for me to handle. Should go to cram school.."
    EDIT : And she kinda have no special informations about characters. Other reincarnators know the guy's route/how to win his heart/his past/etc. Reika just got the information "Kaburagi is some super cool dude called emperor that is best friends with Shuusuke Enjou and fall in love with Wakaba and later destroy Reika".
    I'm someone who is really not into slice of life, but Kenkyo Kenjitsu is one of my best reads !
    and Kenkyo's universe kinda relate to us fans. I mean there are people shipping Reika with other guys (us fan's job.) and these occasionals Enjou x Kaburagi fujioshi comments. Enjou's reaction about these is priceless xD

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  3. Wry Warudo

Wry Warudo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked and you're right. Hm, when I read the 'fanfiction' Maihama called Sakura Uryuu(chapter 156) Sorry.
    Ooh, so around which chapter do they find the culprit?

4. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, after all "Kimidol" is manga not otome game. So some background characters can be not as specific as the one in otome game.

Yukino's birthday party has two part. First party for his friends after that is for his families. Reika attend the first party, where Yukino requested Reika to make him some dished for his birthday (there is Kaburagi too who bring Yukino a cake from Wakaba's desert shop). When the first part party finished, Reika then go to home then one the way to go out from Enjou house, she met Yuiko who will attend second part of party (as she is Enjou cousin, so she was a family member). Of course this part is the most vivid memory of Yuiko (as I treated her same as Maihama. *hopefully she will out of the story)

Kittsune, kiara8 and Lazy hypocrite like this.
  5. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 250 ~ (the culprit being Ikoma-san. Some external and a hardcore Reika fan that thought that Wakaba was some homewrecker)
    speaking of which when searching for the chapter I saw in 243-244 Kaburagi locking his conference door where he demand advice from Reika and then Enjou tried to enter and Reika tried to dissuade Kaburagi saying that it was an fake(or sham/impostor/fraud) and then Kaburagi ignore her warnings and open the door and Enjou give Reika a black smile saying "Hello, Kishouin, I heard you called me an impostor ?" scaring her and then Reika apologise xDD)
    And fellow stalking horse appear in 245-246 ! Mizusaki-kun is best guy ! What should Reika do for you to fall in love with her ? TELL ME !
    That's what I was saying '^'

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  6. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what i love about Kenkyo Kenjitsu xD personally i am not really fond of "Mary Sue" flawless reincarnated villainesses who suddenly got their memories from their previous lives (and miraculously they were detailed in certain otoge they played in the past) then love bloomed at 3-4 yo then they became talented geniuses etc. While our Reika appeared to be one, she in fact a cute glutton with funny way of thinking and actions xD

7. yukionna

yukionna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi gokigenyoh~
    I saw that someone mentioned that they read further with Chinese translations. Can anyone be so kind to share the link with me?
    Este is trying her best and the quality indeed is excellent,but my stupid cat curiosity :cry::cry:
    Thanks!

On another hand, reading this thread got the fangirl within me stirring!
    Let's go Reika-sama,create more fluffy scenes for your loyal village citizens!

MiloSalad and Lazy hypocrite like this.
  8. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno about the chinese translations, but here's the link for the japanese web novel :
    http://ncode.syosetu.com/n4029bs/
    you go to the number of the chapter you want to see, you google translate it. And read ~
    Reika being translated sometimes as Liu Hua or Lei Hua
    Enjou as yen castle or circle
    Kaburagi as bamboo tree or just tree
    and Aira-sama being referred to as Mr.villa
    And Wakaba as young leaves (sometimes being referred to as Highway)

And if you're just at Este's translations, there is a translation of Kenkyo Kenjitsu at fanfiction.net
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12561123/1/Kenkyo-Kenjitsu-wo-Motto-ni-Ikiteorimasu
    The quality doesn't match Este's quality, and a bit litteral but they're really enjoyable too ! You can feel that translator's hard work !
    I know right ? I have a thing for novels/books/mangas/animes/films/whatever with decent character developpement. And there's no time skip like you would expect something where the story begin as 6yo and where the heroine come when they're all 15/16yo
    another author would've made Kaburagi unnaturaly give up on Yurie earlier one and start noticing and interacting with Reika more and more for the sake of the plot, and act tsunderely with her while she doesn't notice. But I like how they all stayed in-character !
    And how Reika instead of acting like they were no rank gap between her and people and forgive people that pick on her while the male lead get angry at her place (Maihama, I'm talking about you !) properly apply etiquette and snorted mentally at Maihama, called her a small fry like the vilainess ojousama that is within Reika , retaliated, while that Bakaburagi was just being useless in a corner

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  9. Azure_1802

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, and the fact that Reika doesn't fall for either Kaburagi or Enjou is refreshing, but I really really really hope there will be romance for her (and with none of the mentioned two)

10. 199sweetheart

199sweetheart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is reika scared of yuiko? Is she that scary or what? Please I need more details orz

11. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    I think looking at Yuiko make her remember of Sakurako. You know, Sakurako is a kind of scary in her own way~

12. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i wouldn't say she's scared of her per say. Its more that reika doesn't like confrontation with people. She tries her best to avoid conflict. I also think its cause she doesn't want people making weird rumors of her fighting for enjou or kaburagi's affection.
    cause really its none of her business and i like that about her. she isn't the type of mc to be nosy and try to butt in on everybody's business

13. Azure_1802

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps because Reika cannot tell what that Yuiko is thinking. Reika is really weak when facing people with personalities different from their looks. For example, Enjou or Sakurako. However, those idiots that faced her head-on (Maihama, Bird brain Katsuragi, etc.) are just small fry xD
    Or just simply because Yuiko is creepy lol

14. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was reading the chapters being translated at fanfiction.net when. (chap 178)
    Waah you're shameless, Reika-chan ! I like shameless people ! (Well I stopped seeking shameless protags after seeing some annoying OP harem protags/Swindlers with Plot armor/chinese novels protags, but I like people being mildly shameless in their thoughts)
    And Reika got a potted plant from Kitazawa, and Kaburagi pissed her off in an other chapter
    Reikaaa xDDDDDDDDDDD Must have scared the crap out of Onii-sama.
    And all these flags crushing is so refreshing.. Marry me Reika ! I may be a girl but I'll never give up on you ! Screw Bakaburagi and Enjou's duo ! (but I may abandon if Mizusaki-kun were to make a move on Reika)
    damn, Reika is my favorite MC of all times xDD
    --------------------------
    I don't think Reika is particularly scared of Yuiko, but I kinda feel as if all her appearances are creepy as fuck (especially the time where Yukino intruded in Reika's home and Enjou talked with Reika on Yukino's phone, and then she suddenly intrudes getting all "Shuu", scared the crap out of me)
    In another hand, Yuiko scared Yukino on her first appearances, and Reika noticed his unease upon Yuiko's apparition.
    Reika get jealous of all couples. But her irritation at Enjou x Yuiko is on another level. (my ship is sailing~)
    During a party (I dunno which one but it isn't translated), Yuiko glared at Reika (that's all I can remember) and Reika refered somewhere in that chapter that Yuiko was a big boss. She also dumped Enjou in the arms of the monsters of said party despite his attempts to let her stay (Stop destroying flags already ! at least Enjou's !)
    Yuiko also act like Sakurako, and Sakurako in herself is already scary enough. But Yuiko have an even better social standing than Sakura-chan (how else can she be Enjou's fiancee candidate ?), and have that same fragile yamato nadeshiko charisma.
    That's all we get of informations concerning Yuiko (+the hypothese that Enjou's gone on a white day date with her)
    So Reika isn't THAT scared of Yuiko but getting tense and uneasy around her is natural.
    I disagree ! Although I totally think that Yuiko and Sakurako are totally similar, Reika never explicitely made the rapprochements !
    I also disagree on this one ! Not being able to tell what another person is thinking is natural ! Why the hell should Reika know everything that people about her think ? That's just a notion coming from novels with smartasses MC. Especially knowing that she saw/heard Yuiko like four times in the whole novel ! (that would be creepy if she knew Yuiko's personality from that)
    And Reika's really good at reading Enjou, when he's not jealous ! and here another of my posts at Animesuki :
    I think I can probably find a lot of others instances where Reika can read Enjou.(I just don't want to read these 292 chapters again from scratch, please have mercy on me)
    And Reika is totally scared of Kaburagi too ! While one may say that Kaburagi does have a different personality than his looks, Reika isn't scared of Iwamuto-kun or Class Rep or Umewaka (just learned that he wasn't Umekawa). Reika's critier to get scared is not to have a different personality than outer apperances, she's simply scared of other wolves !
    Reika does get scared of Sakurako, but she can totally tell what Sakurako is thinking in th instances where she get scared of her.
    And while she can tell what Kaburagi is thinking, he still scare her.
    As for Maihama, she was way too pathethic, never thought an Ojou-sama could get so creepy and desperate (even Reika the 1st wasn't THAT desperate)
    And Katsuragi is a retard , doesn't have much allies (as he's usually spotted yelling to Reika alone), and doesn't have a flashy social standing. (so much that Ririna casually bullied him with his gang). He's just plain pitiful, having a personality that match the interior have nothing to do with that.
    And Yuiko is a wolve, and didn't bother that much to hide that when with Reika, thus she makes Reika uneasy.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  15. PamelAxiah

PamelAxiah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did, masaya date wakaba? In which chapter?

16. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're not going out, although Masaya took Wakaba on dates quit a lot (seeing dinosaurs, a french restaurant, eating commoner food, studying, and went on dates on that overseas school trip etc), but we think it's still unrequited at the moment. We suppose Fellow Stalking Horse is closer to Wakaba in this novel than how he was in the manga (but we're not sure. Heck, we're not even sure if he hold romantic feelings toward her in the novel, although it's strongly implied)
    There isn't a clear chapter where they go on dates, it's mostly seen in Kaburagi's bragging to Reika (and Reika saw him in the same boat as Wakaba on that oversea's school trip)

17. Mukuro

Mukuro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone have a good physical description of Mizusaki? Like what he looks like? I can't remember if the story ever described him or if it did, what chapter.

18. Azure_1802

Reading List:
    Link
    I only saw her for a short time, but her distinct presence. The frailty of a moon's reflection on water. Serika-chan and the others seem to notice, too. They're subdued compared to when they were trashing Wakaba-chan. Yeah, she was scary. I probably can't beat her.
    I mean Reika couldn't explain Yuiko's action. Reika usually can explain/read other people's actions (in her way, and sometimes her interpretation goes wrong way), like with Oniisama, when he asked her whether she wanted to go to a zoo or an aquarium (after Reika found out Ichinokura had a slender salad eater gf), and he said since there wasn't much damage this time so it would be a day trip. Reika didn't really understand but she interpreted it as "a trip with a usually busy oniisama". While the readers could more or less understand Takateru wanted to heal his lil sis's broken heart xD
    Or with Aoi-chan, back in when they still weren't friends, she didn't response to Reika's "friendliness" and used to back away from her. There were times Reike thought because she looked like a bully and got depressed.
    Therefore, the thing that Reika can read Enjou's actions, whether it was right or wrong, we can't be so sure. And there was the time he used his smile to ask her someting, she got scared because she didn't understand his inner motive
    He's handsome, he's masterful as the student council president, and treats students equally, whether Pivoine members or regular students. That credibility and character make him popular among everyone."

Yeah, Mizusaki is handsome

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  19. Mukuro

Mukuro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant like actual physical description such as hair colour, eye colour, does he wear glasses, etc. But thank you for the chap reminder!

20. PamelAxiah

PamelAxiah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any moment when reika use the fan to other people? Other than the one in the meeting club. Also, did we get the identity of the guys who look like her cousin in past life?