Spoiler Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu romance

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 1, 2017.

1. LivB

LivB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she liked Kaburagi's actions and perceived personality from the manga... but in real life there's more to be desired LOL
    I definitely want a Serika/Kikuno POV!!! I feel like we'd finally see what they actually think of her!

2. insteadofdeath

insteadofdeath Faith

Reading List:
    Link
    That's probably it. Things like, the "Emperor" nickname coming from a cavalry battle, his stalker tendencies, the poetry... Not that she doesn't acknowledge how cool he can be, like when he's playing piano, but yeah, real life =/= manga lol

3. Myross17

Myross17 [Queen of Underworld] [Immortal Cultivator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone give more KaburagixReika scene? Just more cute scene about them hehe

......I happen to scan all of your spoiler here but I can't seem to find any accurate scene for them. I know you all ship EnjouxReika (so am I, after reading your spoiler lol) but I just want to know more scene about them 'cos you vaguely tell about their scene and more about EnjouXReika...

Lazy hypocrite likes this.
  4. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I searched.. And there are a lot of comedy scenes between them, but that's it. most of the times it's him being stupid (too blunt or can't read the mood or have weird misunderstandings) and Reika getting pissed off, may have been more romantic in any other WN but here it's just..
    And I don't see what's so cute about KabuRei '-' Plus he's already madly in love with Wakaba, so..
    If you really want a scene though, in 274 there's this
    https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=6041852#post6041852
    (there's quite a lot of KabuRei shipping in Animesuki and Reinjou bashing, you should take a look)

5. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    I admit that Kaburagi can be pretty sweet when he's calm, but he's too much of an idiot I cannot help but facepalmed at his actions. He's kinda like Reika in which as long as they don't open their mouth, people would think of them as the highest form of existence in Suiran. Though different from Reika who looks cute even when she spoke bizarre thing sometimes, Kaburagi doesn't think much and just speak what's on his mind immediately. Thank goodness he's not as foolish like Katsuragi who always tries to attack Reika but failed miserably because the bullet always strayed from the target lol.

6. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually he IS like Katsuragi, like that time a boy from another school confessed to Yurie and went straight to drop kick the guy. The difference being that he have much more power than Katsuragi and he doesn't have a problem right now, unlike Katsuragi who sees Reika as a threat to his ship, but no matter how he mess with her he's bound to get exterminated...

7. busyoldfool

busyoldfool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cute scenes, huh…when Reika’s not afraid of Bakaburagi (and she eventually grew less so) her default mood is annoyed, so I dunno if these are cute, but they *are* wacky:

So Bakaburagi reports to Reika every time he goes on dates with Wakaba. Like..EVERY TIME. It’s annoying to Reika, but you kinda get the feeling he’s like a kindergartener bragging to his mother/big sister about his activities during the day. Or maybe he just thinks Reika is his diary – his emails to her reads like one, lol. Reika does get better at getting back at him though – she “bullies” Bakaburagi in small ways – for example, not telling him he needs to ask for ketchup in fast food restaurants (and then refusing to share hers) and letting him walk by the Okonomiyaki restaurant before calling him back…just, you can see she’s gradually growing more comfortable with him (perhaps even more than with Enjou).

Once, Bakaburagi ticked Reika off so much she actually blew up to his face – he made a comment that Reika’s sitting height is high – standing up, he’s about 20 centimeters taller, but while sitting down their eye-level is about the same. Now Reika has a complex about having a long torso and short legs so she was *not* happy:
    Reika then ordered him to become Imari’s disciple.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, while Bakaburagi still acts selfishly around Reika, I think he does actually value her opinion. One scene shows this in particular - one day, Bakaburagi was weirdly avoiding Reika – Reika was concerned that he was mad at her and confronted him - she then quickly figured out that instead of being angry, Bakaburagi was hiding something and ordered him to “spit out” whatever it was. Bakaburagi then confessed that not only did he signed up for the same supplementary class as Wakaba, he did so in secret – he was planning to give Wakaba a happy “surprise” on the first day – Reika, horrified, called him a genuine stalker. :LOL:

So…yeah…I really can’t see these two in a romantic relationship, but I do think they’re becoming genuine friends – Reika might be the only same age friend for Kaburagi besides Enjou (despite his popularity, he doesn’t really get close to people) – imo while Bakaburagi’s hounding of Reika is mainly to get advice about Wakaba, I think part of it is also just to hang out with his new friend. On Reika’s side, she’s slowly softening up to Bakaburagi – she worries when he gets down, and in a recent chapter was sincerely happy for him when his date with Wakaba was successful. Reika might still be reluctant to describe their relationship as such, but I think at this point they are friends.

8. Kalione

Kalione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about the rest but, though i don't have anything against childish characters what makes Bakaburagi really annoying to me is the way he acts so selfish without consideration towards other people. That time with the kid that confessed to Yurie and the way he forced Reika into becoming his "spy". You can argue he was just a little kid, but from the spoilers he doesn't seem to have changed that much - rather - he seems to be worse on his demands and putting Reika down.He is just a arrogant spoiled little brat used to get what he wants and people handing him things on a silver plate. I really can't relate to characters like him at all- the worse is - okay! I get it that he wants to befriend/likes Wakaba but can't he understand that his actions - stalker-ish and the way he pays too much attention to her - can bring others to hate and want to bring harm to her? If he cared about looking at people as his equals then he would realize how their minds/hearts think Wakaba wouldn't be targeted as well.
    His denseness towards the situations would be cute if it wasn't for a fact that he's actions can hurt people. But this may have been the result of being too spoiled - by his parents, by his fangirls, by Yurie and even Enjou spoils him. Sigh, I do pity Wakaba or whoever will end up with Kaburagi unless he changes. I don't like this spoiled ouji-sama's characters.
    Please, can someone tell me of a redeeming quality of Bakaburagi? I don't want to hate him but god, i do feel annoyed whenever he makes an appearance. Maybe i did miss something

MiyaMira and seikyo like this.
  9. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reika shares your feelings
    in chapter 207, at a Kaburagi's sakura viewing party..
    actually, Kaburagi-papa have better chances than Kaburagi himself.. too bad he's married.. He's too old for her anyways..
    .. Now that you say it...
    Somewhat, I get the feeling that for Kaburagi, Reika has been his friend from long ago (though Reika wanted nothing to do with him),

Kalione and busyoldfool like this.
  10. Lazy hypocrite

Lazy hypocrite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually the reasons there are some fans of Bakaburagi in my opinion as an ex-fan myself are probably :

- when I began the novel myself I expected it to be like most reincarnation novels ,where the original male lead would probably end up falling in love with the MC rather than the manga's heroine so I kind've subconsciously started looking forward to seeing him falling in love with Reika...
    - as the much talked about emperor I looked forward to his appearance, behavior towards Reika and their interactions. and their first interactions during primary school were kinda funny (the time when Reika was employed as a spy) so I liked it when the two talked because of Reika's hilarious internal thoughts , his silliness amazed me and I always found it entertaining reading his ridiculous point of view about the reason of some of Reika's actions ...
    - lastly but not least as the MC of "doomed to be cannon fodder" always says that as expected the main characters have that air around them that attracts others ,the powerful aura of the overpowered Bakaburagi ( well he was supposed to be from Rieka's initial description of him but in the end it turned out we were duped by Reika and no such semblance of such Bakaburagi appeared the overpowered one turned out to be Enjou and onii-sama *smirks* ) attracted it me (initially) into wanting him to fall for our adorable Reika. and somehow or the other as I began the story with these kind of thoughts I got attached to the idea of Bakaburagi falling in love with Reika...

but as I said I'm an ex-fan as some people in this thread said maybe he's more fit as a friend than a lover to our Reika although I really don't want him to be close to Reika in any way. as I posted earlier once on this thread:
    the origin of my indignation that even Mizusaki who barley had interactions with Reika prior believed in her but he went and said *speaking in a mocking tone here lol* "Kisshouin..did you really..." 'really' in your butt you bastard just go and die :mad::mad: you understand nothing about Reika so who are you to be her friend, when friends believe in each other while you don't in Reika :mad:
    return my earlier feelings when my heart fluttered for you :mad::mad: return my innocence Bakaburagiiiii you damn bastard :mad::mad::mad:....
    (sorry for the rant at the end :notworthy::oops:)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  11. Lazy hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    somehow I think this novel's fans (including me) are pitiful, other novels's fans are discussing when will their main couple get together, when will their first kiss come, and when will they do the deed :oops: etc.....
    while here we are sitting here trying to guess who's the male lead , ugh I can't talk anymore I'm despairing :facepalm::cry: I just hope we will know before a decade passes by....

MatchaGirl, Otaku0123, Irie and 4 others like this.
  12. kaguya0401

kaguya0401 aka Xia (fledgling editor & TL'er)

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I mean in Jun Jiuling, the reader still doesn't really know who the ML is by Ch. 101. I mean there really aren't any possible candidates at that point either. So at least with this story we have some decent possibilities.

busyoldfool and Lazy hypocrite like this.
  13. Lazy hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    fortunately I don't read it so I didn't know , heh..ehehe...hahahaha *evil laugh* :sneaky: YES ~~ were not the only ones~~ there are those who are worse off than us *evil grin* :sneaky: *currently celebrating on others misfortunes*

14. kaguya0401

kaguya0401 aka Xia (fledgling editor & TL'er)

Reading List:
    Link
    It's interesting, but it barely passes as a romance novel lol.

15. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with Reika is that she immediately friend zones them.
    Aikazawa (bad spelling lol) was practically perfect for her, he was kind and friendly, but turns out he had a stalking horse wannabe girlfriend that eventually becomes her good friend, as does he.
    Dog Baka only has eyes for Bea tan

Chairperson and that Cross dresser - See Reika as a Love guru/Master/lucky love charm.
    Tomo Senpai - Is already in a relationship

Imari is a womanizer and wont be allowed to go near Reika romantically due to Onii sama

Onii sama is her ideal but hes her brother lol

Fat loving bastard - Is currently being set up by Mao chan to have a partner who also loves to eat and cook food.

Fellow stalking horse asshole President - Seems to have feelings for Wakaba, whether its romantic or not is unclear.

Bakaburagi is already taken, even though in the latest chapters Reika has become a love guru for him, helping him become more understanding of a commoners way of life so that romance with Wakaba can be less overwhelming and awkward regarding their status gap. They have become friends at least from that idiots side, Reika is more or less getting involved because she feels she has too to avoid troublesome things. His focus never wavers from Wakaba, he is doing this all for her. Reika is a friend whom he relies on and trusts her, there are no romantic feelings for either of them, if anything Reika resents this tactless bastard. I am 100 percent certain no 9000 percent certain that there will be no romance between these 2.

The guy in the Library - Her fixation on her cousin lookalike is going nowhere :p Baka and her other duties have taken up all her time, so any pursuits of romantic opportunities have been squashed, for now at least.

Yukino - Is a little kid! no way this will happen, zero chance N O spells No! no shota no just no.

Enjou is pure speculation at this point, he has become closer to Reika but there is distance between them, he is able to strike up conversations with her, and happily laughs at her antics, or the shit Bakaburagi says to her, but there is another side to that exchange, it has happened on a few occasions that hes warned Baka about his mouth, so there is consideration and tact on his side for Reika, He has a fiance candidate, but the impressions I get based on Reika seeing him at the salon on a holiday, makes her wonder why hes there, from my perspective he seemed to be hiding from family matters, if its to do with his fiance or something else, is unclear. Personally I think he likes Reika, it probably takes a lot for him to trust anyone and hes only been Bakas babysitter till now, since Reika has stepped in to take some of that burden from him, and from all her interactions with his brother, I think he knows that she is a good Person, hes always complimenting her on how she looks whenever he sees her, she takes this as polite lip service that means nothing, but I get the feeling it does matter to him, hes shown hints that he finds her focus on older men stemming from being a bro con unfortunate, he often gives her strange looks, and seems uncomfortable when Imari is mentioned.

Even though I dont like Enjou as a love connection, since she deserves someone better (like her Onii sama!), I think its heading in that direction, she has always wanted someone like Onii Sama, and for all intents and purposes, Enjou is probably a lot like her Onii sama, you can see it in the way he interacts with his brother and his care of him. According to Imari Reikas bro is very different to what hes like with Reika. I think she has seen glimpses of that with her time spent with Yukino. I think Enjou has held back because Bakas family have been interested in Reika as a possible candidate, unfortunately for them Reika has been doing all she can to avoid that possibility. I dont think Enjous family would try to Match her with Enjou for that reason. So I think in the end it will be Enjou lol.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Otaku0123, Kalione, Aeiru28 and 4 others like this.
  16. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oi, I don't quite see what could make comrade stalking horse as an asshole, he's the best guy so far
    actually he have a girlfriend.
    And there's kinda nothing new in this post '^'
    nah, the problem is her entourage. Her clique won't allow that, and they all think that Reika either has the hots for Enjou or Kaburagi, so they think they don't stand a chance. there has been gold-digger upperclassmen but she rejected them because she want to pursue normal love.
    And most guys around her are taken anyways so..

MikotoP, Kalione, Kittsune and 2 others like this.
  17. LivB

LivB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, WHAT???? When does that happen? Did I miss that somewhere? I thought everyone was too afraid to approach her!

18. busyoldfool

busyoldfool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From chapter 81:
    So it's not that Reika cannot get a boyfriend ok? She just has *standards*. Yes, that's it. Ahem.

19. insteadofdeath

insteadofdeath Faith

Reading List:
    Link
    That and at the end of the day no matter how much we ship... Whatever we ship... This really isn't a love story. It's slice of life :D

Kalione and LivB like this.
  20. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He misjudges Reika, for some reason he is very wary of her, and has treated her with suspicion, Im not sure if I should spoil what is to come or not but there is an incident ahead that I found really irritating that pissed me off, and he along with others is part of that, he has some preconceived notions, which may have started from the Fan incident involving the other girl group in her year, but he and other people are assholes for the treatment Reika receives as a result.

Im not saying hes a bad guy, but even good guys can be assholes. I still dont like him, he reminds me of that stupid dog baka, who says things that are really insensitive towards Reika, much like that other asshole baka. At least the chairman and Iwamuro have her back. Reika takes things with a grain of salt, and rarely holds grudges but she can be petty at times when she decides to get payback.

As for the library guy Im not sure if he has a GF or not I didnt read that bit so I dont have any clue, I may have missed that bit.

She does friend zone them, her clique werent with her at Cram school, and they are clueless about her adventures outside of school, Chairperson is a friend, along with Crossdresser she had zero romantic interest in them, they approach her despite her entourage, Aikazawa she realized had many traits that were her ideal but she had zero interest in a romantic relationship. That fat loving bastard became her comrade in their enjoyment of food, she did have a momentary feeling of interest in him but that quickly faded. Dog lover was immediately delegated to Dog Baka, hes a jerk, but she friend zoned him pretty quickly, she has had zero desire to have any relationship with Enjou or Baka, even they will become her friends. Those younger than her she sees herself as an older sister or sempai, and treats them accordingly, much like a bratty little brother or an angel she dotes on. So even when guys take the initiative to speak with her, she manages to friend zone them, it doesnt help that they are interested in someone else, but still, her contact with the male species tends to gravitate towards friendship.

The only one that moved her heart was Tomoe and that guy in the Library. As for the other males in her year that avoid her, I agree that her status and her followers may get in the way of future romantic interests, Ririna may also be actively involved in the background, but thats not to say that others havent managed to interact with Reika, those that do get friend zoned lol.

Kalione and LivB like this.