Spoiler Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu romance

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 1, 2017.

1. meiberry

meiberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The original artist:まるどり
    Pixiv ID:41106264
    Link to their art (Japanese): https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=9635695
    The source of these images from the Chinese translations: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4859280192

-
    [​IMG]

Reika: You are blocking the road.
    Could you move aside.
    Text below the roses: Brahman Reika-sama (The Japanese might have originally been Kali Reika-sama but for some for some reason this Chinese translator used Brahman instead ... idk why because you can still write Kali in Chinese :cautious:)

Text below Wakaba: Staring blankly~

Reika sighing: So bothered...

Serika: "Move over, you roadside rocks! Otherwise we'll kick you all aside!"
    Text next to her skirt: FUUJIN

Kikuna: How dare you think you can block Reika-sama's path!
    Prepare yourselves for taking responsibility for your rude actions!
    Text next to her skirt: RAIJIN

-

[​IMG]

Kaburagi: ...
    Reika: ...
    Ano... Kaburagi-sama... do you want to eat okonomiyaki?
    Small text on bottom: I like the Reika-sama that makes the first move in this scene

-

[​IMG]

Enjou: Oh... Then in that case, I'll pick the pork-taro-cheese quiche. We're splitting them, right?
    Yeah
    It's fine.
    Small text on bottom: Are you a god...! This scene made me think of the time when Yuuri-kun and Mao-chan split desserts (See: Chapter 121)

-

[​IMG]

Enjou: This must be fate, huh?
    Reika: I don't think so.

[​IMG]

Enjou: Ah. How about I feed you?
    Here, Kisshouin-san. Ah~
    Reika: Excuse me!
    Maybe I please have another fork?

-

[​IMG]

Reika-sama who is angry to the point of trembling.

-

That's all for now, folks! Thanks to Marudoki-sensei! Looking forward to more Kenkyo Kenjitsu fanart!!

2. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading the latest chapters from the fanfic and having Reika in a mixer is a good idea. Wakaba should be in it too and for the guys group I think boys from Kuroko no Basuke would be nice, since they are handsome, accomplished youth, I can give Reika to the split personality captain. His personality is similar to her brother's and his family is in equal settings with her.

3. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Onii-sama is gonna skin you alive and sell your organs in the black market (the fraud that caused original's Reika bad end) if he ever got wind of it, and Onii-sama's intelligence network is quite developped.. Don't say I didn't warn you !
    You want to give Reika to another emperor.. ?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  4. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    I suddenly decided to change my name and user avatar, I think we have a spy in this thread.

5. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    Reika doesn't have immunity to people from opposite sex of the same age. She was really annoyed at Umewaka at first, in the newest raw chapter when Kitazawa's friends called her "Reika-chan", they creep her out lol Mixer is no good, and the red hair captain from KnB would scare her with his eyes, our princess has a glassed heart.

Lazy hypocrite likes this.
  6. DarkBlue

DarkBlue «Darker Than Blue» «Overlord of Sleep»

Reading List:
    Link
    Heck, the last 2 Enjou Reika pics made me ship them together. If it was an otome game, then this would really be a fate flag. Oh wait! It's a room-manga! That means it's definately, 200% a flag!
    Damn, I really shipped her with Imari or Yukino(grown up version in future) before this~

whiteapparition likes this.
  7. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    Now look like Enjou gets the trick: When Reika gets mad, just give her food xD Don't tell me Satomi told him...

busyoldfool likes this.
  8. Ease

Ease 『Lone butterfly』『Freeloader』

Reading List:
    Link
    For those who read ahead, will Reika one day have the courage to actually say NO to Kaburagi? Because it pained me each time she being led by Kaburagi to do things she didn't even want to do.

adz143 likes this.
  9. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there was an instance where Kaburagi noticed that he and Reika had the same sitting height and Reika snapped at him and told him to apologize and to repeat after her what was wrong with him (only Enjou could calm her)
    in chap 271, Kaburagi was avoiding Reika and then she went, and she got angry about him not praising her for getting in top 30, she asked him what the hell his problem was, grabbed him by the arm to take him somewhere, accused him that he did something wrong and was changing subjects and snapping at her to cover that (like unfaithful men), then he admitted he applied to the commoner cram school of Wakaba, to which Reika audibly said "You're a stalker ! A real one !" and stood her ground when Kaburagi got annoyed, then said that it was a horror movie scenario and that she'd call her lawyer if it happened to her. then she told him to just confess or whatever and he tried quoting something, then she immediatly replied "Oh, you've said that before, so don't bother. It's a waste of time" (my Reika-chan is a badass..) and when he annoyingly replied "it's not a waste !" she ignored him and brought back the topic of her getting 18th place to get praised.
    And let's not forget that beautiful moment in middle school where she snapped at Kaburagi and called him unworthy of inheriting the Kaburagi group, then they went to apologize to her (not the other way round niahahaha) and she gut-punched Enjou who was obviously not expecting that

Ease likes this.
  10. Ease

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww:Those are beautiful moments.
    ...But I've got the feeling that Kaburagi acting all high and mighty and Reika unable to deny him will continue for quite some times....
    /sighs

11. leva

leva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reika doesn't like conflict, so she most likely won't refuse unless it's, like, life-threatening.

12. meiberry

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, this is my least favorite quality of Reika... While I appreciate and identify with many aspects of her cowardliness, sometimes I get really frustrated by how she has let certain annoying things go on for way too long in her desire to avoid conflict:

1. Reika's noncommital and vague answers to her brother's questions (and basically everyone else as well, but her opacity with Oniisama annoys me the most) about Kaburagi and Enjou. It really grates on me... Isn't Oniisama like the one person that Reika trusts the most in the whole world? What is the big deal about trying so hard to be polite in her description of the two instead of just being honest to her brother about what she really thinks of the two boys? I think she could be a lot more open about her interactions with them. I think. Or maybe she tells him more than we read, for example like the one time when she asked Oniisama to help her study during Kaburagi's spartan tutoring and she told him how Kaburagi told her to study until she vomitted blood. Maybe Oniisama knows more than I suspect about Reika's true feelings. Except he KEEPS asking her (either personally or through Imari, maybe) what she thinks about the two so I feel like he doesn't know.

2. Reika's noncommital and vague answers to her gonin-gumi about Kaburagi and Enjou. I can sort of understand why she was like this like the first ten years of knowing the girls. But like, aren't they supposed to be REAL friends now? I'm seriously so mad that they still don't notice she doesn't give a crap about them. Is Reika's *lovely* veneer really so strong that Serika and Kikuna and co. think that Reika's lack of interest in their gushing about Kaburagi and Enjou is due to how cool and lovely she is that she doesn't engage in such topics - because she is so close to the two or something... I don't know, I just feel like there's something really dissonant for me, when these girls are supposedly in full knowledge of the "true Reika" but they don't even know this most important fact about her - that far from any pleasant admiration for Kaburagi and Enjou, Reika only feels dread or irritation for them.

I mean. There's the most important reason why. It's cuz the author thinks we would have no story without all these characters running interference for Kaburagi and Enjou. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (interference against Reika's free life without their influence)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Yumika12345 likes this.
  13. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    I quite agree with you, but on the 2nd point, I also feel that although they were supposed to be 'real' friends that know the REAL Reika, they are also being quite hypocritical? I mean, they didn't let Reika go to a goukon/blind dates just to preserve Reika's identity as Pivoine and Suiran's empress, even going as far as saying bad things about it lowering their status as Suiran's students. Yet lo and behold, Serika's POV said herself that they (except Reika) went on blind dates to meet boys from other schools :blobconfused::blobconfused::blobconfused: What an irony. I think Reika's real friend is really the one outside Suiran like Sakurako, Aoi, even Umewaka's group because they didn't beat around the bush and treat her like normal, whereas although Serika and Kikuno are considered her friends, there are still a feeling of alienation between the boss and subordinate among them. It's not as if I'm saying that Reika is completely innocent about this, but with the way her cliques are always and still pestering her about Kaburagi and Enjou even though she has been showing zero interests about them (bar gossips, I mean, who wouldn't love to listen to gossips?) showed that they didn't completely know Reika, and their denials showed their disregard on Reika feelings. Add that the reason Reika became quite 'infamous' was because of them, I think Reika not fully showing her real side to them is understandable.

I regards to Oniisama, I think Reika did show her standing on not wanting to have anything to do with Kaburagi or Enjou. She might say her refusal in a roundabout way, but seeing from her relunctance to even go to any party unless forced or important ones, smart Takateru should be able to find clues of it since early on. Plus with her creepy actions whenever she was stressed by Kaburagi, I doubt Takateru wouldn't hear her cursing Bakaburagi or Enjou while doing her felting. It's just that current circumstances may made him curious of his sister's relationship with other boys, since she didn't act suspicious like when she was having her crushes, but instead Kaburagi and Enjou's 'sudden' closeness to his sister made him turn his alert mode on.

Well, that was my two cents though. I do admit Reika is a coward, but hey she's improving. Now she can even change into Kali mode without her fan, and was able to choke Kaburagi a few times. Good job, Reika! Now if only she can have a handle against black-bellied Enjou...

meiberry, Kittsune and Yumika12345 like this.
  14. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    new chapter is out
    This time Reika goes to a supplementary class for her school. She takes an English class and it's surprisingly easy for her. But to her discontentment it's mostly because of the notes and study material that kaburagi forced on her when she was taking exams before. Reika sees wakaba and they both discreetly acknowledge each other and confirm their meeting after school that day. They are meeting up to compare notes, study material and study together. Before reika goes to meet wakaba after class she decides to go to the handicrafts club. They have decided to collaborate with the flower arrangement club and showcase their dresses and flowers in the hallway that leads to their club room. Once reika meets wakaba she hands her souvenirs from Hokkaido. She shares them with wakaba's family and starts advertising them. Wakaba goes to get the laundry and reika comes along. She notices a morning glory pot and asks wakaba about it. As reika guessed its from when wakaba and kaburagi went on a date to morning glory city. Reika now gets the full story as wakaba tells her side of the story. After Reika and wakaba finish studying kanta asks if reika wants to stay for dinner. Reika decides to stay and suddenly wakaba's mom comes in and tells them that kaburagi has come to visit again and thats where the cliff ends for this chapter.
    :blobmelt::blobmelt: i kind of guessed that something like this was gonna happen again but i wonder how reika is gonna escape from being seen. lol it would be funny if she had to hide in a closet or disguise herself into something weird . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Big pinch reika :sweating_profusely: is your secret relationship with wakaba gonna be found out or not. how will you hide :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek:

15. Ease

Reading List:
    Link
    Will Reika reveal her friendship with Wakaba some times soon? Because it might helps with her image, and make her seems more approachable.
    And I agree with Reika not seeing her followers in school as real friends. They keep egging for Reika to be together with Enjou or Kaburagi at any time, disregarding Reika's opinions at all. Granted, Reika wants them to be real friends who stroll around outside of school together but.... unlikely to happen.

16. leva

leva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as far as I know, the ones aware of their friendship are only FSH and Ikoma, because of the graffitti incident. I'm seriously debating if Enjou know, with him pushing Bakaburagi's love problem to Reika, but he's been doing that since forever. Well, they never talk overtly in school, unlike with FSH, so probably not... right? I'm so excited for the continuation of that cliffhanger :ROFLMAO: Imagine Bakaburagi's reaction if he were to know. Most people would probably see it positively, but elitist Pivoines and Bakaburagi may have some complaints...
    B(akaburagi): ALL THIS TIME YOU'VE BEEN DECEIVING ME
    R: ... (but I've been helping you get together with Wakaba-chan...)
    Reika-chan, if that happens, make sure to lord it over Bakaburagi. Pretty sure her rating is still higher than Bakaburagi for Wakaba.

still rooting for Fellow Stalking Horse-kun over here in my corner. Go, Fellow Stalking Horse! :blobhero:

but yes, they can't seem to shed the princess image of Reika despite knowing her quirky habits. Is that an extreme case of idolization or simply ignoring facts to preserve their worldview...?

Ease likes this.
  17. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you're being unfair with Reika
    When Onii-sama asked her why she was involved with Kaburagi-sama, she did mention that she was helping him with something, but didn't like the idea of broadcasting someone's else lovelife (and I agree with her in that), and it's not like she can straight up tell him "waah he's a stalker" without Onii-sama getting strange idea, and he have a rough idea of how Kaburagi treat Reika from the pivoine sophomore incident
    She insisted loudly quite a lot of times "I don't like Kaburagi-sama nor Enjou-sama" (I only remember the primary school one where they thought "Reika-sama is still a child in this aspect ~" and the high school one where it totally broke the mood). They are mainly thinking that Reika is just shy about it because of the number of the flags although Reika does insist that she don't like them. And she can't tell WHY she isn't in love with them, having no one else she likes in the moment, and she can't straight up tell "Kaburagi is an aho and a stalker " (or Enjou-sama will end her)
    I didn't think that xDD and I remember at one time she was venting to the plant Kitazawa gave her, and complained at least once to it about Kaburagi being a retard and assuming she wanted to complete the zodiac

Azure_1802 likes this.
  18. meiberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe Kabursgi will find out. We're almost at 300 and the author usually does do some development at the hundredth chapter
    Damn... what kind of a reader am I to expect plot development every 100 chapters...

I feel like he won't find out from this evening, it will be a really close call again. I think he'll find out over the next day or so when he sees what wakaba brings for lunch and it's the same meal as what Reika ate the previous evening... maybe Wakaba even brings Hokkaido sweets to share with him and he's like "?" and she explains that they're from a friend who recently went to Hokkaido and brought back souvenirs and Kaburagi starts seriously suspecting bc he's smart.

Eh but this is just speculation watch me jinx this whole thing like the way everyone jinxed the Morning Glory festival where we thought Enjou was going to go on a date with Reika but she ended up leaving the city to find a festival...

Otaku0123 likes this.
  19. meiberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you mention that Reika insisted to her friends that she doesn't like them since primary school - I'm disappointed to also remember that after 10 years she is still adding an unnecessary lie "but I still admire them a lot" because of some fear of them hearing that she doesn't like them. Well, half lie. She has always been pretty perplexed at how they are so effortlessly smart and popular while the gap between their image and the way they treat her when no one is looking is so large.

She doesn't have to talk about Kaburagi's love life to show what an idiot he is. -_- there is plenty of other stuff to share.
    "I think he's immature. Oniisama you know when Kaburagi almost lost to Tomoe senpai at the Athletic festival? He started reading the art of war and training his classmates."
    "I think Kaburagi has no sense of respect. He is always telling me to exercise like he thinks I'm fat - one time, he saw me with Mihara-san outside the imperial palace and he nearly ran me over just because he wanted to only to tell me that I was slower than the people walking!"
    - "I think Kabursgi and Enjou have no sense of real responsibility. Kaburagi is really popular and the one year I was unfortunate enough to have class with him was the worst year... I had to do unspeakably humiliating things because Enjou made me become class rep..."
    - "I think Enjou is gentle on the outside but wicked on the inside. He makes me uncomfortable."

For the misunderstandings with her group @MiyaMira was right to point out that the fault is with both sides. I think Reika holds back too much with them for some fear of their abandonment and I think they also kind of suck because they never noticed she was in love with Tomoe while Class Rep did. HELL even kaburagi and enjou eventually noticed. -_- (though it was long after the fact I think, for those two) sooooooo they are just really poor friends with regards to being supportive in Reika's love life - choosing their fantasies over the reality of their friend's feelings. They are so bad with supporting reika in love that it's actually to the point of sabotage basically

Otaku0123 likes this.
  20. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno if it's just me, but the way you wrote it made me feel that if ever Reika said it that way, Takateru would definitely thinks that Reika is probably in love with Kaburagi or Enjou. Sometimes, explaining things doesn't necessarily helps her. It might even lead to a bigger misunderstanding. Unless Reika made a dead face while saying she doesn't like the boys, people would really think she has feelings for either of them but was just hiding it. From what I've read, all of Reika's praises on Kaburagi or Enjou are pretty cordial and just like polite nice words instead of real admiration/worship kind of praises. There's actually that sense of alienation from her towards Kaburagi and Enjou that way, which actually works better in my opinion than just directly complaining.

seikyo, Kittsune and Azure_1802 like this.