Discussion Staying faithful or moving on.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tammyxp, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    move on. if you were to fall in love with another person, then it would mean you were never faithful to your partner to begin with.

2. admira

admira Dino Pirate

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that would have two pre-requisites I'm dubious about meeting: (1) being married in the current era, and (2) falling madly in love with someone in the past era.

That said...I wouldn't actively seek out a new relationship. But if my feelings towards my wife faded and I fell in love with someone else, I wouldn't turn myself into a tragic hero over it. As I see it, marriage isn't just love, it's also a partnership built over many years. I'd probably treat it the same way as if my spouse suddenly died. I'd still love them, but I'd try to let myself move on.

In the end, wouldn't the real pitfall be trying to justify the new relationship and comparing the new love and the old? You'd feel guilty AF and your new flame would feel inadequate.

3. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thats hard to say, if you were sent back in time, due to you knowing some things and having knowledge of the future you will definetly change things, you are no longer the same, and even if you have a huge memory and want to keep things more or less the same, getting the same result would be extremely hard but you can try

4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a spouse in one world,and there is another willing girl in another girl as well? Too farfetched...

5. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I will first find out if there's any way to go back to where I came from.
    If there's a way, I would stay faithful to the one I married and loved. But if there's no other way, I think I might as well try.

6. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really depends on the circumstances, even if you return with your body just as it was, if you are basically living an entirely different life it makes it much harder to be as connected to a person even if you came back. Heck just being highschool sweethearts who vow to love each other forever, and go to different colleges have it tough to do a long distance relationship. And that is when you are still able to keep in contact with each other.

7. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, life's an journey. one live to learn, enjoy, & experience new things and situations. And as for your question, its better to live happily with someone you love than to drag out days for the sake of an old oath.

8. Ivizina79

Ivizina79 Well-Known Member Is An Understatement

Reading List:
    Link
    Easy, Many Worlds Theory. Since you went back in time your original time will no longer exist for you so you CAN do whatever. Get with your grandma/pa if that floats your boat. But just the act of you going back in time invalidates the universe you came from so your future significant other no longer exists for you.

9. Airye

Airye Hermit Water Elementalist

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can't come back, will you live a life of loneliness ? i doubt so, and i also doubt your wife would want you to suffer like this...

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    move on~ if I can fall in love then that mean I have accept new love on "my present time"~ change of heart is natural~
    if I "back again" then my relationship will change~ I'm sure of that~
    each will have different place both on my memory and my heart~
    why this cat want to torment it's heart for past or unknown future?

11. Dragon God

Dragon God {King of Peasants} {Tanya's Husbando}

Reading List:
    Link
    Me falling in love is dubious.

The woman will have to be really exceptional.

If I can return, I'll choose the life I prefer more.

Do I prefer 200 years ago? Or current earth. Would I still have a life to return to?

12. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait am I not already unfaithful for falling in love with another woman? Oh are you just talking about whether I would do the dance with no pants? Idk, I feel like if I ever fell in love with a someone in the first place. It wouldn't be so easy to just oh look another person to love! But yeah if the only thing that makes me unfaithful are physical interactions without pants I think I could stay "faithful" easily.

mir likes this.
  13. Stesira

Stesira Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Move on~