Strong feeling of 'seeing the future'-dejavu

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Exterial, Sep 22, 2017.

?

so does this happen to you?

1. uhhh no O.o

5 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. YEA like all the god damn time

61 vote(s)
    70.9%
  3. its your cheat power, go conquer the world!

20 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. Notaborax

Notaborax 『Woeful One』『Poet』『Epi's & Azuka's Cat』

Reading List:
    Link
    some of the dreams i have turn out to happen in real life. but these events happens months of even years after the dream. but after it happens im sure i had that dream before

2. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    are you sure you never dream being hit by a truck and suddenly woke up

3. MeoWoe

MeoWoe [Altair] [Exqúisite]

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel u bro

..it also happens to me

Notaborax likes this.
  4. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    I have Vongola Hyper Intuition, I do something randomly and an event happens like I think about checking my phone for a message and it gets a message a sec later, and many more, every single day, it happens more often lately, I guess high godhood is not far.

Lurker of the dark and kenar like this.
  5. Kurokami Shuu

Kurokami Shuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This happens a lot, a few weeks ago a was playing LOL and when i was chasing someone i remembered a dream i had 2 months ago and thought "there we go again" , it is strange when it happens and sometimes i smile like an idiot, think it is a superpower

6. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped taking you serious the moment webmd came up.
    Hell my stomach hurt the other day and webmd said i got cancer.

7. NaM

NaM 『♔ Re dell'appostarsi』(The GentleMaN)

Reading List:
    Link
    Its some sort of astral projection travelling or so what i recall on a certain Book back in a days

8. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    It is actually an interesting event and somehow related to those things where a person sees a person in black in his dream and later some person he is familiar with dies aka kind of prediction. And he often black - not necessary - because most of the people associate dark with the death.

I strongly believe that a whole information field of the Earth and the realm can predict what happens if there was not any extraordinary events. (just like machines in stock quotes).

Also I presume that the flow of time is not linear and a person is capable moving forward and backward and even leave that flow. But that is another story.

All and all the energy of this realm is truly fascinating.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  9. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope my wet dreams become an occurrence of dejavu

10. Opjohnaexe

Opjohnaexe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have this quite often, I know scienifically speaking the by far most likely scenario is that I think it's the same, and while this is most plausible I don't think it's what's happening for me.
    I will however not try to convince people that my beliefs are correct, nor will I focus on whether they are or not.
    Instead I will focus on, that if they're real, what kind of existential conundrum they would cause for me, as it honestly oftentimes feel like I'm not in control of my life, but just sort of "watch a movie".

11. Exterial

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah wirh enough information you can predict the future, thats a fact for sure.
    Plenty of army commanders and strategists were praised for such "overworldy" powers even tho its mainly just them knowing enough to make a good enough educated guess at what can/will happen in the near future.

12. Exterial

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah wirh enough information you can predict the future, thats a fact for sure.
    Plenty of army commanders and strategists were praised for such "overworldy" powers even tho its mainly just them knowing enough to make a good enough educated guess at what can/will happen in the near future.

13. KingOfDreams

KingOfDreams [Master of Sleepiness]

Reading List:
    Link
    it's just your brain defragging while it stores your memories during REM cycle leading you to seeing things and having sense of deja-vu happens to some people.

14. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've had those since I was a kid, but it's pretty random when it happens. There are periods of time where it happens more often. I haven't had them much lately.
    I feel the same. The science makes sense but I don't believe it explains what is really going on.

Both you and @Mantrazz mentioned that you can't change it.... why?
    When I had a whole lot of them in highschool I tried messing with the future I saw [because I had rebellious feelings towards things like fate], and it was totally possible to change things through my actions.

15. insyder1201

insyder1201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Something similar but not exactly similar happened to me once,
    Our education system presents out three national level exams all students must sit at ages of 10,16 and 19, before graduating from school. And this exam at 10 y/o,meaning at 5th grade of primary, isn't that significant for normal students but it is somewhat important for students from rural areas as a ticket of entrance to an accomplished school. I was already at a good school and I was a bit of a lazy child back then. So I didn't study much for that exam. More like, I didn't study at all. Exams are held at August of the year and results come out around September-Octomber.
    On late September that year, I went to the work place of my elder cousin with mum on bus. I remember that I sat on a corner seat which gave me a good image of scenery outside. But of course, I was not looking outside the whole way, more like sleeping the whole way lol. But just before we dropped off the bus, Mum woke me up as usual and while getting up, I caught a sight of this large sign board that said 121 on red print. I just had a passing thought, how would it be if I scored just 121 on my exam? That's be absolutely horrible no? And I just laughed it off to myself.
    Even though I didn't study, my parents even myself had high hopes on my exam, to at least score higher than 150. Top score is 200 by the way. And so, as you can already guess, we went to my cousin sisters office, she just then received the news of exam results coming out. We checked it online right away and.... Exactly 121. Funny? Not funny. Actually, I cried alot when I got home. Since then I started studying seriously before an exam. Lol.

17. Opjohnaexe

Opjohnaexe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because that's how it always is for me, also it's a paradox.
    If we assume that what I dream of is the future, that means by definition that it cannot be changed, 'cause doing so would require it not to be the future.
    On the other hand, if the dream is not of the future, then following it or not makes no difference, as thr future was not predicted. In both cases the ability would be less than useless.

18. zenla

zenla { Totally human being} {Kingdom building fanatic}

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing strange. Your brain is trying to classify stuff you see with already established database. And so strange stuff like Jezus's face in wood shows up cuz your brain identified it as similiar.

19. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there's this theory if you're interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

Last question: Have you ever really tried to change it?
    I mean this: everything is following what you predicted exactly, and then you intentionally do something that disrupts that while it's in the middle of happening, not before.
    I know you say it doesn't count if it changes, but just imagine for a minute that it does count, have you tried before?

20. Unfettered09

Unfettered09 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    notice me!!! (If youre the mc)
    and Conquer the world (i will be waiting