Strong feeling of 'seeing the future'-dejavu

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Exterial, Sep 22, 2017.

?

so does this happen to you?

1. uhhh no O.o

5 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. YEA like all the god damn time

61 vote(s)
    70.9%
  3. its your cheat power, go conquer the world!

20 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. sealteam14

sealteam14 Your friendly HI3 SEA monkey farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    In my case, bad things and stuff happen inside the dream, although i don't know the cause until it happen IRL, but i do dream about it aftermath, and damn it sure hurt.
    The recent Dejavu is whem i got hit by a car, and the aftermath is i sit in hospital for 3 weeks, and it happen 2 months ago.
    Sure sometime it's scary that you know it's gonna happen, and yet you're powerless to change it.... and i lost my part-time job because of it.

2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Makes me remember that one university student who had a case of chronic deja vu, and it drove him crazy. He just constantly felt like he knew what was about to happen (he didn't though).

3. Opjohnaexe

Opjohnaexe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is why I personally believe in that interpretation, but that doesn't get rid of the existential angst it causes :p
    I have tried, but the problem is that (for me at least) it's very rarely more than like 10-15 seconds, which causes me to only really have time to stop up and feel freaked out, and watch the things progress, before it's done. So I never really have time to do so, once though I did try, and it felt hecka weird, it felt like what I did was wrong somehow, not sure why, but it did :s

mir likes this.
  4. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I can understand that (the existential angst and the freezing).
    I used to freeze because I thought there must be a reason for dejavu's and that maybe it was some kind of warning and something bad was about to happen (before I realized they're just random and unimportant). Maybe that's why I've never felt bad when I started trying to change things, more like relieved. Also, it would make me feel like I was reinforcing the idea that I've got free will to myself.
    Well, it's an interesting but pretty useless thing. I wonder if we'll ever get a completely satisfactory explanation for why/how this stuff happens.

5. LuftRauser

LuftRauser [Count LuftCula] [try to get active II]

Reading List:
    Link
    I can make an example of this case. When the dream / dejavu wasn't man made, it's gonna be the possibility of future. Cuz i have a lot of experience with following the dejavu or breaking it -,-)

6. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    If I do have a strong sense of having deja-vu it's when I fap. I don't know if I did fap or not one thing for sure is that I did fap and at the same time I don't know if I did fap.